• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Don’t Tell Me to Calm Down

Eddie gave a small nod "I think we should start looking into that." He murmured before yawning some "How long am I in here for?"

Max gave him a small nod and smiled gently "I'll need to talk with Clay....from our conversation earlier he seems very paranoid in there at the moment." She explained

He nodded and frowned. “We don’t have a lot of friends on the inside right now. And he doesn’t want to be there… it’s different now you guys have likah and another on the way.” He sighed.

She shrugged a little and helped him lay back against her a little more, kissing his head “Hopefully just today and tomorrow. You were lucky. Vanessa caught it before the overdose took affect.” She told him quietly. “You know out of all your girlfriends I always liked her the most. Yeah maybe she wasn’t great for helping you get off the drugs but I know she always struggled as well… but she treated the kids good and they loved her.” She smiled.

Max gave a nod and frowned at the thought of Clay being hurt on the inside "They said if everything goes well I should be out this evening." She said trying to think positive in this whole situation.

Eddie gave a small nod and sighed heavily "Yeah she was a good one.....I didn't do anything with her. I just....I need comfort...and I knew she was living there..." he explained shaking his head a bit "I shouldn't have gone there."

She frowned and rubbed his back. “Get some rest Ed.” She coaxed, kissing his cheek and waited til he was asleep, going to call jack

Jack nodded and smiled, glancing over as lilah woke up
From her nap mumbling about chicken nuggets. “Hey you.”

Max smiled softly as she felt Lilah start to wake up. She giggled softly at her mumbling and looked down at her "Hey there princess, you sleep okay?"

Jack picked up his phone quickly when he saw his mother's name flash across the screen "Mom? Where are you? When are you coming home? Grandma is forcing us to watch her god awful SOAPs again."

lilah frowned and looked up at her. “Mommy I need chicken nuggets.” She told her.

Carmen smiled a little and shook her head. “Sweetheart I’m in Nashville. We will be home tomorrow night. Your dad … well I’m sure it’s gonna be on the news if it isn’t already… your dad relapsed last night. He’s okay though and they’re just keeping an eye on him til tomorrow then we can get home… tell your grandma that she can go home if she wants and you got the younger ones. That I say so, if you feel up for it that is.”

Max gave a small laugh and nodded some "Well I bet if you ask Jack really nicely he'll be able to get you some." She said looking over at Jack "Could you leave her for dinner?"

Jack frowned deeply as he listened to her and shook his head some "What happened though? Why did he relapse?" He asked sounding a little concerned.

She shook her head. “He’s okay, he was just…. Struggling… we’ll be home by tomorrow evening though.” She assured him.

He nodded and smiled, “come on then kiddo. Let’s go get you some food.” He smiled, “then you can come hang out with your mom and go home with her tonight.”

Eddie started to wake up a little later and groaned softly "Carmen? I think I'm gonna be sick..." he muttered trying to lean over for a bucket or trash can.

Max smiled happily and thanked him before they left. She was smiling even wider when Lilah came back with food about 45 minutes later "They just said I should be released within the next hour."

She frowned and quickly got him one, rubbing his back slowly while she held the bucket, pausing only to press the call button, frowning a little. The whole situation was taking her back to when he tried to quit after Lucas was born and all the times she held him on the floor in their bathroom cause he was shaking so badly or got him water when he was sick, kept calm when he was screaming in her face and kept patient when he couldn’t remember even what shoe to put on what foot in his confusion.

Jack nodded and sighed a little. “Alright. I’ll drop you guys off at your place. I got your keys with me anyway. Then you got my number if you need it yeah?” He smiled tiredly at her. Hoping she wouldn’t need it as he really wanted a quiet night with his family alone.

Eddie finished up and sighed heavily as he shut his eyes tight "My head is pounding." He muttered as he took deep breaths. This was nothing new to him, but it didn't mean that it didn't hurt any less.

Max gave a small nod and smiled softly at him "Thank you Jack...we owe you." She said seriously before she helped Lilah get set up to eat her food.

She frowned and nodded, not really trusting her voice right now, rubbing his back in circles until his nurse arrived and she had to step out of the room, bursting into tears in the hallway as everything seemed to hit her all at once. She made her way to the nearest bathroom, locking herself in a stall and just bawled her eyes out.

He smiled and nodded to her, sitting back and watching the tv until they came to give her the discharge papers to let her go.

Eddie frowned deeply as she left the room already knowing what was happening. He thanked the nurse as she looked him over and said if he continued to show progress he could leave tomorrow afternoon. He looked up when Carmen came in about 30 minutes later and gave a sad smile while reaching out to her "C'mere beautiful.." he murmured gently to her.

Max signed her discharge papers quickly and got up as fast as she could with a little help from Jack. While they had gotten her mobile a few times, she still was very weak from being in a bed for 2 months and her muscle mass had deteriorated a bit.

She frowned a little, making her way over to him, holding onto him tightly, burying her face into his shoulder. “Ed I need you to do this properly this time.” She told him quietly. “So do the kids. You gotta go to rehab. We can even find you one close to home but you gotta do it right. No more DIY.”

Lilah had started getting a little impatient but managed to make it to the car without much fuss and fell asleep on the way home anyway.

Eddie gave a heavy sigh but nodded some "Alright...I'll find a place. Give me til tomorrow okay? I promise I'll find somewhere, right now I gotta rest." He said quietly and he kissed the top of her head repeatedly.

Max got home with Lilah and said goodbye to Jack soon afterwards. She gave a small sigh as she sat down on the couch and looked around. It felt empty in there, Clay's presense was heavily missed. She smiled softly as Lilah came up to her and asked to watch some cartoons "Sure thing baby."

She just chuckled a little and pulled back, shaking her head. “I don’t mean this very minute Ed…. I just can’t do this on my own with you this time.” She told him, kissing his chin. “I love you puppy.”

She ran to get the remote and went back to sit with her mom, cuddling up to her while she put the tv on. “Mommy… does daddy not like being with us?” She asked her frowning

Eddie gave a soft smile and kissed her gently "I love you too beautiful." He murmured gently while watching her some "I'm sorry for everything Carmen..."

Max frowned deeply at Lilah's question and shook her head some "No baby Daddy loves being with us, he just....he got in some trouble and is in a very long time out." She said softly to her.

She frowned a little and shook her head, leaning back with him and just rubbing circles on his chest, "Neither of us were perfect. I just.... Wish you would have slowed down and listened instead of bulldozing your way through everything..... But at the same time Ed... That part of you is what I fell in love with in the first place and you're here now, we've both done a lot of growing... It's time to put it all behind us and move forward." She murmured, kissing his cheek again, "Get some sleep, I'm gonna go grab a bit to eat okay?" She murmured.

She frowned and looked up at her "But that's not fair. I want Daddy at home... Is Daddy gonna come home when the baby is here?" She asked her with the same big pouty look that she'd got from her father.

Eddie pouted some but nodded a bit "Can I have you for dinner?" He teased gasping when she smack at his arm playfully "Ouch! I was only kidding!" He said giving a small laugh as she started leaving and he started to drift off.

Max gave a heavy sigh and nodded some "I know baby, I want him home too. No, he won't be able to come home when the baby is born." She said softly before she got up slowly as she heard her phone go off.

She rolled her eyes a little and watched him for a moment before finally going to get some food, frowning as her phone rang and she answered it to hear Lucas on the other end. “Hey baby we’re gonna be heading home first thing in the morning you guys okay?”

Lilah frowned and just curled up with her teddy bear while her mom was on the phone, watching her cartoons

Lucas frowned deeply when he heard his mother's voice "Grandma left, the girls are wanting to go to the park. Can I take them down there?" He asked in an annoyed tone.

Max walked into the kitchen giving a soft smile when she accepted the charges and soon heard Clay's voice "Hey.... how are you feeling?"

She frowned a little and shook her head. “No. They can wait til tomorrow. Where’s your brother? I told him he could send her home as long as he took charge.” She muttered. “What’s wrong Lucas?” She asked hearing the tone of his voice.

Clay was shaking his knee a little and frowning. “Hey. I just wanted to hear your voice.” He told her quietly. “They send you home all okay?” He mumbled, looking around himself feeling the paranoia starting to set in each day that went by

Lucas frowned more and shook his head "He didn't tell her to leave. She said she had some errands to run and that she would see us later." He muttered before giving a heavy sigh "I'm tired mom....just tired of this new normal." He said truthfully to her.

Max nodded some already hearing the paranoia in his voice "Yeah I made it home maybe 20 minutes ago. Do you wanna find out the gender on this one? Or let it be a surprise like Lilah?" She asked trying to distract him and get him to focus further on what he was coming home too.

She frowned and sighed quietly. “Listen I can’t have a long discussion right now but when I get home you and me can go out just the two of us and have a talk okay? Tell the girls that if they don’t wanna be grounded then they gotta be easy for you and your brother.” She told him.

He shook his head frowning. “Surprise. You can know if you like. Surprise me when they’re here.” He mumbled. “Lilah doing okay?” He asked her quietly. “I don’t know if it’s better or worse for her to talk to me.” He frowned.

Lucas rolled his eyes a bit "Fine, I'll let them know." He muttered before hanging up right as she was in the middle of saying 'Love you.'

Max gave a heavy sigh and bit her lip hard "She is okay, misses you like crazy." She said softly watching as their daughter sat on the couch contently watching Cartoons "I don't know either. I think it would be good for her to hear from you, she thinks you don't like being with us....but I worry it'll hurt her too because she can't see or talk with you." She explained gently "I think once we get visitation set up, maybe I can bring her up."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back