• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Don’t Tell Me to Calm Down

Eddie gave a heavy sigh and nodded some "I know...bht it still doesn't make it hurt any less." He said softly before kissing the top of her head "I think thats a great idea, you know they're both going to say that sushi place that they love." He said with a small laugh.

Max smiled happily and gave a small nod "Alright princess. Come on lets brush our hair and teeth, then we can go to bed."

She nodded and swayed with him just a little longer, enjoying the peace and quiet with him. “I know I know and I can eat all the sides they got.” She mumbled, “you sure you want me to give you a trim tomorrow? I miss your length.” She grumbled a little, heading back inside with him.

She sighed dramatically but complied and was soon snuggled up to her mom frowning. “Mommy when is my little sister gonna get here? I feel like we been waiting AGES.” She told her.

Eddie chuckled softly and nodded some "Afraid so, its getting thin as it grows babe, I'll look like the old man who couldn't give up the glory days if I kept it long." He pointed out as they walked together.

Max gave a small smile as they went through their nightly routine. She got into bed with her once they were done and laughed lightly "We don't know its a sister, you could have a brother." She said before yawnjng a bit and continuing "We have to wait 5 more months, it takes 9 months to grow a baby princess."

She frowned and shook her head. “But I want a sister…. And that’s she’s away.” She grumbled starting to get sleepy

She grumbled a little but sighed and gave in. “Alright but I want it a little longer than this.” She told him. “You’re gonna kill your curls if you keep cutting them too short.” She mumbled, “Girls! We’re gonna go out for dinner. Go get ready. And get Jack up please.”

Max gave a soft laugh and nodded some "Well hopefully I can give you a sister." She said quietly before starting to drift off to sleep.

Eddie got in with her and nodded "Alright fine, I'll grow it a bit." He murmured before calling for the girls. He gave a wide smile seeing Jack come down the stairs "Look who the cat dragged out!" He teased chuckling as Jack shot back about him being an old man. They constantly picked at eachother like that these days, but it was all in good faith, they were actually the closest they'd ever been now.

Jack rolled his eyes. “For your information I worked the early shift. So I was up before you old man. And worked longer hours than you.” He pointed out, patting his moms arm as he walked back to the kitchen to grab a drink. “Hey dad could you drop me off in Indy tomorrow I’m seeing Leila, she’ll drop me back but I don’t like driving in the city.” He mumbled.

Lilah was asleep until the middle of the night then woke max up to let her know she was going to the bathroom and then when she got back to let her know she was back and then again when she needed water and it went back and forth until the morning

Eddie gave him a nod but felt a small pang in his heart. Jack never drove again after the accident. He was better in cars now, but he just wouldn't drive. "Sure thing, just get ready to come to dinner with us alright? Tonight is a night to celebrate." He said happily

Max woke up exhausted the next morning from the constant up and down Lilah gave. She sighed heavily as she got ready for the day finding Lilah in the living room playing with her toys "What do you want for breakfast baby?"

Jack nodded and yawned a little, making his way back up to go get changed.

Carmen sighed a little and pecked eddies cheek, going to set the dog up for the evening. “You know now they know where they’re going I think we should start looking at where we wanna go once they’re at college.” She told him. “Cause I’m ready to get out of Hawkins Ed. I’ve been ready since before Jack was born.” She sighed a little.

Lilah smiled and pointed at the cereal. “That one mommy.” She told her, getting her colours and paper and colouring a picture for her dad. “Mommy… there’s someone at the front door.” She told her.

Max frowned deeply seeing someone she didn't recognize "Lilah to go to your room, now." She said seriously and quickly before grabbing her gun and standing by the curtained window. She pulled the curtain back just enough so they wouldn't see her watching as they put a box on the doorstep and rushed off.

Ed gave a small nod and smiled a bit "I think I'd like another small town, maybe get some land ya know?" He said happily "Maybe California? I remember you always wanted to go there; we could get you an art room."

She shrugged a little. “I don’t really mind where. Though I did always like your house in Malibu.” She told him. They’d kept that as a holiday home at least. She went to get herself ready but soon heard a little commotion downstairs, the girls being loud chatting with Ed and then Carmens phone started going off with a strange number and she answered it, frowning. “Hello, Carmen Munson speaking?”

Lilah did as she was told and ran up to her room, only. Only coming out knce she heard her mom say that it was safe to do so, going down to the kitchen and watched her mom looking through a box. “Is it a present mommy?”

Eddie gave a nod and smiled a bit "I think we can make that work." He said before going downstairs and starting to chat with the girls. He turned to Carmen once they were ready but frowned when he saw the look on Carmen's face "Carmen? Carmen whats wrong?" He asked as he went over to her.

Max picked up the box and put in on the counter frowning deeply. She called for Lilah telling her it was okay to come out shaking her head at her "No baby, its not a present." She said as she slowly opened it. She went wide eyed closing it quickly and putting it up high so Lilah would not be able to reach it.

She shook her head, about to tell the girls to go wait in the car but Grace was messing on her phone and before Carmen could explain there was a surprised yelp out of her.

“Oh my god! Oh my god! Mom! Lucas is having seizures again. Oh god. There… there’s videos all over the place,” she told them quickly, handing her dad her phone so he could see the video of Lucas on stage, everything seeming normal until he stopped playing halfway through a song and got up, making it a few steps and collapsing.

Lilah frowned still trying to see what was in it until she distracted her again and she finally sat down to have her cereal properly. “Mommy can Charlotte come over for a play date tomorrow?” She asked her.

Eddie watched the video going a bit wide eyed "Okay, go get in the car. Let me speak with your mother." He said quickly before going to Carmen "Do you know where he is? I'll take us there tonight if you want." He said seriously.

Max shook her head some when Lilah kept asking as she made her cereal "Lilah go eat." She said seriously before getting her phone out "I'll see if we can baby." She said while the number dialed Jack's.

She frowned and just shook her head “Ed he… the hospital called. He’s in Chicago so it’s not too bad a drive… he’s asked for me to go up there…. Ed he doesn’t wanna see anyone else.” She told him. “I think you should stay with the girls. Take them to dinner if they still wanna go… I’ll be alright I just… this is the first contact he’s made in years. I don’t wanna bombard him.” She told him gently.

Jack picked up and frowned. “Hey. I can’t be talking to you. Shits gone down. I’m assuming they sent you the warning about clay.” He muttered, rubbing his face while he got his girls to pack a suitcase each as he was taking them across the country to get away from the chaos for a while.

Eddie took a shaky breath but nodded some "Alright, just make sure to call when you get there okay?" He said softly before kissing her lovingly "Let me go talk to the kids." He said quietly.

Max frowned deeply as she heard Jack and nodded some "Yeah they did....shit Jack I have to go. If I give you a letter can you get it to Clay?" She asked quietly so that Lilah didn't hear her

He frowned and shook his head. “Max we’re heading out of the city in half an hour. I’m not gonna be back for a long while I don’t think.” He told her. “Listen, once we are at our place I’ll send you the address but that’s all I can do. I’m sorry. Call clay. Have them get him on the phone so he can talk to you. He’ll know how you should handle this whether he’s doing good or not.”

Carmen nodded and kissed him back, going to shove some stuff in a duffel bag and got in her car, hitting the road.
It took her almost five hours in the end but she eventually made it to the hospital they’d taken him to, bumping into his band mates in the waiting room and asking what room he was in, taking a shaky breath and finally made her way in there once a nurse said she could go in despite it being the middle of the night. “Lucas? …. Hey… it’s mom.” She called gently as she made her way over to the bed.

Max frowned deeply and hung up without another word after that. She took a shaky breath and thought everything over before calling the prison hoping she could get something "Can I please speak with Clayton Cardenas? This is his wife and we are having a family emergency, I need to speak with him." She explained quietly.

Lucas groaned softly hearing his mother's voice "Mom? You made it..." he said softly half expecting her to not come. He reached out for her and took a shaky breath. He looked rough, he was thinner than he ever had been, his hair was unkempt and his eyes looked sunken in. He was definitely a shell of the man he was when he left.

She frowned and shook her head, going to sit right next to the bed, taking his hand in hers tightly. “Of course I did silly.” She murmured, getting back up for a minute and moving his hair so that it was out of his face completely, tying it back for now. “Oh Lucas… what do you need from me?” She asked him quietly, just sitting back down and staying as close to him as possible.

Clay had been laying in his bunk just staring at the ceiling when they came to get him, worried that he’d been in trouble and he’d done something wrong he was bricking it up until they took him to the call centre and sat him down with a phone, picking it up and hearing maxs voice on the other end. “Hey… hey you okay? I thought Johnny got the message to you.” He frowned.

Lucas took another shaky breath as he watched her "I just....I just want you here." He whispered as he watched her "Missed you..."

Max took a shaky breath and nodded some "He did....but Clay something happened. I don't know what but Jack is leaving town. Clay they sent me a threatening box. I'm terrified." She says quietly

She nodded and kissed his head. “That’s okay, I’m here baby. I’m not going anywhere…. You know how proud we all are of you with the band? You’ve done so well with it all Lucas… your brother is working at the mall but he’s trying to switch to a restaurant in town. The girls got their college letters yesterday. Grace got into Columbia can you believe that? And Maya is gonna go to beauty school up here in Chicago…. Your dad is back in the studio working on a solo project… and I’m still at the salon a couple days a week.” She told him, just letting him listen so he didn’t strain himself. “Get some sleep baby, I’ll be here when you wake up okay?” She coaxed.

He frowned and tensed. “Who they threatening? You and lilah? Or me? Baby if it’s me they’re threatening I don’t want you listening to it. They’re tryna fuck with your head. If it’s you and lilah then call your mom and go home with her…. I’ll find you when I get out.” He promised. “But if it’s me I’m okay… it’s gonna be okay.” He promised.

Lucas gave a small nod as he listened to her "Sounds good..." he whispered before he fell asleep against her. His doctor came in afterwards and gave her a small smile "Hello ma'am, we're running a few tests on him right now, but it looks like he has stopped taking his medication."

Max whimpered quietly "I think its you, but Clay what if they take it out on us again?" She whimpered putting a hand to her bump "I'm getting scared Clay..."

She frowned and sighed quietly, “It wouldn’t be the biggest surprise.” She muttered. “This seems like more than his epilepsy though.” She frowned, thanking him when he said there would be more answers later, getting up to go speak to his band mates. “Hey, you must be Josh… he’s doing okay, you guys should go get some rest in your hotel or bus or wherever you’re at, I’m gonna be here with him.” She assured them.

He shook his head frowning. “Max listen to me. This is intimidation tactics, they aren’t gonna warn you they’re comin for you. This is a warning about me not you baby. You gotta stick around for me okay? I know this is hard I know but you gotta wait it out and before you know it things will settle. I’ll speak to someone I know in here see what he knows but you gotta stay calm baby.” He murmured. “I love you both so much. We’re working on getting an appeal through. I’m trying to get home honey I promise.”

Josh looked up and nodded some at his mom "He talks about you and his siblings a lot. He'll be happy to have you here." He said quietly before leaving with the other guys.

Max took a shaky breath but nodded softly "Okay...I'll try.." she said softly before taking a deep breath "I love you Clay, I love you so much." She whispered before having to say goodbye to him. She took a shaky breath as she placed her phone down trying to keep herself calm.

She thanked him quietly and went back to the room, taking a seat and calling Eddie, sighing a little as she heard him sounding really groggy in the other end. “Hey, sorry to wake you up, I’m here. He’s alright. They think he’s not been taking his meds… he looks awful though. They’re running tests but I’m gonna try to get him to agree to have you come up here.” She told him quietly.

Lilah was getting restless in the coming days when her mom wouldn’t let them leave the house and before long her cabin fever was turning into full tantrums, not wanting to be inside any longer and desperately wanting to see her dad.

Eddie groaned softly as he heard his phone go off but answered quickly "Hey beautiful...glad you made it okay.." he murmured before listening to her further. He gave a heavy sigh and nodded some "Just let me know okay? I'll talk with you later."

Max had been loosing her mind lately, with Lilah's cabin fever and the constant threats she was receiving daily. She was scared to death and had this gut feeling that they needed to leave soon or else something very bad was going to happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back