• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Don’t Tell Me to Calm Down

She frowned but nodded. “Alright. Talk to you tomorrow.” She muttered and hung up, a little irritated at his response but not in the mood for an argument. She was almost asleep herself when she heard an alarm go off, waking her up quickly, sitting up in time to see he was starting to seize again, moving out the way when his nurses came in.

Clay had been worrying about her since the phone call. He knew exactly what game they were playing and that if she just went about her life like normal then nothing would happen to any of them but if she kept playing into their hands someone would come for him.

The nurse came in quickly and started to work on getting him situated. It was another 10 minutes before he settled and got stabilized. She gave Carmen a sympathetic smile before looking around the room "Would you like a cot ma'am? I'm sorry if they hadn't asked earlier."

Max did everything she could to keep calm and go about their business, but this last batch of threats had her looking to take off. Finding people's teeth in a small box was definitely taking things to the next level.

Carmen shook her head, moving to sit down again, taking a tissue from the side and just wiping a little of the drool off his jaw, sighing quietly. “No I’m alright, I’m gonna get a hotel tomo-“ she got cut off mid sentence with another alarm going off, flashing on the screen that he had stopped breathing, just moving out of the way again and stepped into the hallway, calling Eddie back immediately. “Hey. You need to get up here.” She told him quickly.

Lilah had woken up a little later that day, rubbing her eyes and walking into her moms room with her favourite teddy. “Mommy why you got a suitcase? Are we gonna go on holiday?” She asked

Max looked over at Lilah when she heard her come in and gave a nod "Yeah baby....we're gonna go on a holiday to Grandma's." She said softly hoping they could be safer 3 hours away. She hadn't seen her mother in a while, but they needed somewhere that could be safe.

Eddie arrived at the hospital in the early hours of the morning asking the hospital staff immediately where Lucas was "Look I know visiting hours are over, he's my goddamn son and in intensive care. I need the fucking room number!" He said angrily

Carmen had stepped out to get a drink and glanced down the hall seeing him stood at the station. “Ed.” She called to him, “don’t be rude to them they’re doing their job.” She told him, nodding to the nurse who was making sure no strangers got in. “He’s doing a little better. He’s breathing on his own again but he’s just had another seizure. They’re gonna take him for an MRI soon.” She told him quietly

She smiled and nodded. “I wanna see grandma.” She told her happily. “When we gonna go?” She asked her, sitting on her bed and cuddling her teddy still while she watched her mom.

Eddie looked over at Carmen and rushed to her side "Shit....have you spoken to him at all since you got here?" He asked her quietly before pulling her into his arms.

Max nodded some and continued to pack "Today baby. I'm going to pack your stuff soon." She said softly trying to make sure she got everything they would need.

She nodded a bad frowned, wiping her eyes a little. “Yeah he was awake when I got here.” She mumbled, taking his hand and taking him to the room. “He uh… he doesn’t look great right now.” She warned him as they got in there, taking a seat.

She giggled happily, completely oblivious to the worry on her moms face, scooting off the bed to run to her room so she could go get dressed and pre-emptively packed a few of her stuffed animals into a bag.

Eddie gave a small nod and stopped dead in his tracks when he saw the state of his son as he entered the room "What's he on?" he asked seriously frowning when Carmen said nothing that they were aware of "No, Carmen, babe he is on something. Baby look at him, shit he looks like I did when I was at my deepest with drugs." he said as he moved to sit with her.

Max got everything packed as quickly as possible and got Lilah in the car. She'd already set a letter to Jack about where she was going so that when Clay got out he could find them easily. She just couldn't risk it any further with the latest threats.

She frowned and took Lucas’s hand, “you think? I’ll talk to him when he wakes up… could you sort us a hotel later this morning? They said we can’t stay here after tonight and we’ll be stuck to visiting hours.” She told him quietly, frowning a little at the muscle spasms he was still getting up his arm even in his sleep. “Shit. He’s got a girlfriend I think. He… I need to call his band mates. If he wakes up I’ll be right outside.” She muttered, stepping out and calling up Josh seeing as he’d given her his number when she’d sent them off.

Clay had gone to the call centre to try and get through to her, frowning when it went through to voicemail each time, eventually leaving her a message. “Hey, I’m hoping you’re just busy or something… johnnys coming round with some stuff for you to sign but they’re gonna sort out some security for you and lilah at the house, I still think you’re gonna be fine but if it makes you feel better it’s what we’ll do… I love you. Both of you. I’ll see you soon as I can.” He told her and finally hung up.

Eddie gave a small nod and sighed heavily "I'll get something set up." he said quietly before she left the room. He took Lucas' hand in his and gave a heavy sigh "Please pull through Lucas...we can't loose you like this." he said quietly to himself feeling a few tears fall down his cheeks.

Max didn't look at her phone until they got to her mother's place. She frowned deeply as she heard the message but shook her head knowing this would be better than any protection they would give her. She knocked loudly on the front door and smiled softly seeing her mother there "Hey mom.."

Lucas eventually started coming around while Carmen was still on the phone outside, frowning as he saw his dad first, just groaning a little in pain. His body sore all over from the seizures.

Clay was lost in his own thoughts as he made his way back to his cell, not really wanting to be anywhere else right now, he just wanted to sleep his time away while he was inside. He ended up stopping on the way there though to go in and use the restroom, stepping inside to see a couple guys he knew from a rival group, just keeping his head down though, not wanting any trouble.

Eddie smiled some when he noticed Lucas waking up some "Hey...give me one second, let me get your mom." he said quietly before he got up and went to get Carmen. He came back with her shortly and stood behind her while she sat by his side pressing the call button for the nurses to look him over.

Two years had passed before Clay had gotten out. Max was still in the town her mother lived in, scared to even try and return back home. She'd had a son in the end as well, and she was only praying that Jack had gotten her message back to Clay that she had sent out after leaving. She sat in her apartment going over a few things for her job while Jose slept in his play pen for his afternoon nap. She raised an eyebrow when she heard a knock at the door making her way over quickly so that they didn't wake her son. She looked through the peephole and gasped quietly before swinging the door open and flinging her arms around her husband "You found us! Oh god Clay you're out, you're home." she said as happy tears flowed freely down her cheeks.

Carmen stepped back inside and took a seat, taking his hand gently. “Hey, hey how you feeling bubba?” She asked him quietly, rubbing his hand soothingly. “Your dad is here. I know you only asked for me but you got really bad over night and I was really worried.” She told him quietly.

Clay had been through hell since she left and since getting out a couple weeks ago he’d done nothing but try to find her and Lilah, eventually getting the right address out of her mom after a lot of arguing but once he finally saw his wife’s face there wasn’t as much relief as he thought and he hugged her tightly for a minute before pulling back. “I told you to stay put. I told you to ignore the threats and go about your life as normal. But instead I’ve gone two years not knowing if you are alive or dead. Not knowing where you are or where my little girl is?! Why didn’t you just listen to me?” He questioned her.

Lucas groaned softly as he stared at his mother only able to barely squeeze her hand "Hurts....body hurts..." he groaned to her before panting a bit unable to really use any strength or energy.

Max frowned deeply looking at him in a bit of shock "I told Jack exactly where we were! Clay I couldn't fucking stay there! They were sending threats daily! I caught some of them outside Lilah's school! What was I supposed to do?! Let Lilah and our unborn son get possibly hurt again?! For fucks sake Clay they sent me children's teeth in a goddamn box!" She retorted back before taking a deep breath "I did everything you told me to do....I stayed, I kept my head down, but when they sent me children's teeth...I freaked, I got scared it was a message towards Lilah." She explained quietly

He bit his tongue for a minute while she continued. “You should have called me! You don’t find it weird that you haven’t heard from Jack or Tess in two whole years?! Jack is dead! Tess is in California with Charlotte. They’re moving on with their lives.” He told her, pulling his shirt off not caring that he was out in the open and a couple neighbours were staring. “They tried to kill me too. They called you to tell you and you never answered the goddamn phone.” He spat showing her the five scars from where he’d been stabbed

Carmen frowned and nodded. “I know baby I know, we’re gonna get you some pain relief okay? I love you, try to get some rest for me. Josh has called Emily. She’s on her way up here.” She told him quietly.

Max frowned deeply as she looked him over quickly pulling him inside before someone called the cops "I'm sorry Clay....I did what I felt was right for our children..." she said in a much quieter voice but soon she heard their son crying wanting out of his play pen.

Lucas gave a small nod and closed his eyes tightly right before the nurse came in to help get some pain meds in him. He started feeling effects about 20 minutes later and gave a heavy sigh as he looked back at his mom "You will like Emily...she is like you in a lot of ways."

He froze and shook his head, walking over towards the noise and just crouched down to be on the same level as the little boy standing against the side. “What’s his name?” He asked quietly. “And where’s lilah?”

Carmen frowned and watched him, smoothing his hair out of his face. “Oh yeah? I just hope she’s good to you…. I read that she’s a model… Lucas…. What are you on?” She asked him quietly, glancing back to see Ed had left the room anyway probably to get them a hotel. “And don’t say you don’t know what I’m talking about. I’m not angry I just want to help… what drugs are you taking?” She asked him quietly.

Max frowned softly watching as Jose looked at Clay and started to slap at his face some "His name is Jose, and Lilah is at school." she explained before she picked their son up before kissing his cheek "Say hi to Daddy.." she said softly smiling as he faked being shy "Oh don't play shy now."

Lucas frowned deeply running a hand over his face "Oxy..." he whispered before taking a deep breath "Occasionally special K..." he said quietly not wanting to look at her now. He couldn't face the disappointment he was afraid she would have.

She nodded and frowned, rubbing his arm. “Alright. Anything else at all?” She asked quietly, “baby you’re not in trouble but I wanna help you. And we can’t help if don’t know what you’re in.” She explained, “Lucas look at me, you think after years of watching your dad suffer with addiction I’m gonna be upset with you? I’m here now, we can help you get better with it.” She told him quietly, smiling at him.

Clay nodded and stood up, putting his shirt back on. “Alright. Let’s go pick her up. I know school is important but I need to see my little girl babe.” He told her seriously just looking desperate.

Lucas took a shaky breath as he watched her before breaking down some "I'm so sorry Momma...I never wanted to turn out like him." He said while watching her "I wanted to make you proud." He whimpered clinging to her when he felt her hug him.

Max nodded some "I know, come on we can get her." She said softly "You mind taking him while I grab his bag?" She asked softly

She frowned and shook her head, moving to hold him a little better and just gently rocked him. “Lucas Munson I have been proud of you your entire life…. And if I didn’t make that clear enough that’s not your fault baby…. Your dad is as well. I know you struggle with him and I wish I could understand it to help you both but we both love you so very much she murmured, glancing up at the doorway and seeing Eddie stood there watching.

He nodded and carefully took his son into his arms, swallowing back tears. “Hey little man. Hey… I’m your dad. Oh buddy I know you don’t know me well yet.l he murmured, rocking him how he would lilah when he started fussing. He passed him back over once they were leaving the house and he spent the whole car ride fidgeting impatiently just wanting his daughter in his arms again. He was still frustrated with max but they could talk later. For now lilah was all he was worried about.

Eddie had come in right as he broke down feeling his heart ache. He stayed quiet though, not wanting to make Lucas bottle it up again.

Lucas took shaky breaths as he started to relax in her arms frowning when he finally noticed his dad "I love you too..." he whispered quietly to her.

Max smiled softly as they pulled up to the school "Here, you stay in here with him okay? I'll get Lilah and you get out once you see us okay?" She said softly before getting out and heading inside. It was another 15 minutes before they got outside the school, Clay standing with Jose in his arms. She felt tears immediately fall when Lilah screamed happily seeing her Daddy there and running straight to him.

Clay had been sat getting nervous, just wanting to get up and get moving so stepped out of the car with Jose, finally hearing lilah chatting to her mom, pulling her in tightly to him once she’d run to him. “Hey baby girl. Hey, hey I’m home.” He told her happily, kissing her head and carefully passing Jose over to max when he got squirmy, “I can’t believe you’ve grown on me like this Lilah.” He smiled, “this a good surprise though?”

She frowned and just stayed there a little longer until he was asleep again and she finally moved over to Ed, rubbing his back. “We’re taking him home.once he’s out of here he’s coming home so we can help him get better.” She mumbled. “You doing okay?” She asked,

Lilah only briefly pulled away from her dad with tears falling freely from her eyes "The best surprise Daddy. I knew you were coming soon." She whispered before hugging him tightly again "I got a baby brother too! He is my best friend." She said before pointing to Jose who was snuggled in his Mom's arms.

Eddie came over to her once she got up and nodded in agreement "I just....I hate that he is going through this and he thought he couldn't come to us." He said before hugging her close to him.

Carmen sighed a little and swayed with him, glancing back over at Lucas "He's his father's son whether he wants to admit it or not." She murmured, kissing his chin. "But jesus Ed... I mean we always knew he was gonna look the most like you but it's like I've gone back in time. He's a carbon copy.... Better tattoo choices though." She smiled, "I'm gonna go get some food, you want anything?" She asked him.

He smiled and kissed her head again, standing up and lifting her into his arms, "You did huh?" He smiled. "Oh princesa you got heavier, you been building those muscles huh?" He smiled, just holding her close and carrying her to the car "I see that, he's not so sure of me just yet but maybe you can help him get used to me, what do you think?" He asked her, wiping her tears once he got her on the ground again, "You wanna go get lunch?" He asked her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back