• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Don’t Tell Me to Calm Down

Eddie gave a small chuckle and nodded some "Yeah definitely better choices." He said before kissing her temple gently "Yeah if you can find a sandwhich and soda.'" He murmured quietly to her.

Lilah giggled softly and nodded as she held onto him "I'm super strong! And I make sure Jose loves you Daddy." She said happily before going to open the car door "Yes! Mommy can we get lunch with daddy?!"

Max smiled widely at the two of them and nodded at her daughter "Yes baby we can get lunch with Daddy."

She nodded and gave his hand a quick squeeze before heading out of there. She still wasn’t back though by the time Lucas woke up again, struggling to breathe again and looking a little disappointed that it was just his dad there. “Has grandma called?” He wheezed a little, “When’s Emily getting here?” He asked frowning.

Clay smiled and helped her get buckled in then got in the front seat with max again, ‘mommy, I want daddy to stay in my room tonight’ he chuckled a little and shook his head. “Sweetheart I don’t think that’s gonna work. But I can stay in your room til you fall asleep. Is that a good enough deal?”

Eddie gave a small frown and shook his head some "Not she hasn't called yet. She is on her way, your mother is downstairs waiting for her so she could head her up." He explained quietly "How are you feeling?"

Max laughed lightly as Lilah pouted but agreed before they made their way out. "Where would you like to go?" She asked Clay quietly reaching over and giving his hand a small squeeze

He frowned and just nodded, staying quiet for a moment. “Like my chest is gonna cave in…. And my head hurts.” He mumbled. “I don’t mean moms mom…. I mean your mom. Grandma Munson.” He told him frowning. “She was meant to come over to mine today… for a visit… but obviously… I’m not there.” He explained.

Clay leaned back, trying to relax with his new found freedom and sighed contentedly. “I think some Mexican would go down real good right now.” He told her.

Eddie frowned deeply when Lucas mentioned his mother and immediately felt anxiety fill him "How did....how did you get in contact with her?" He asked cautiously. Eddie had no relationship with either of his parents. His father was rotting in prison and his mother bailed on him when he was ten. Ever since he never wanted to have anything to do with her.

Max gave a small smile and nodded some "Sounds good to me." She said softly. They went through their day without any hassles thankfully, but as he got Lilah down for bed she couldn't help but feel her anxiety start to rise. She knew they had so much to talk about and it was worrying her.

He frowned some and closed his eyes, struggling to respond now. “Saw my face…. On tv… recognises me…. Called me… gave me… gave me… gave me drugs.” He told him frowning, hearing a gasp from the doorway and glanced over to see his mom and Emily were both there, reaching towards Emily.

He stayed in there with lilah for a little while just watching her sleep before finally heading downstairs into the kitchen and found a beer in the fridge, cracking it open and going to sit down, not looking at her. “I had just tried calling you again… went back to canteen… on the way I got pulled into a room. There were four guys. Held me down while a fifth shanked me and laughed in my face.” He told her. “And they called your cell phone… they called your mom… left messages that they thought I wasn’t gonna make it the night and there was no response.” He frowned.

Max sat with him and took a shaky breath as she listened to him "I thought....I thought it was them playing a sick trick on me. I thought they were trying to get me to come back so they could hurt us.." she admits taking a deep breath "I know it means nothing, but I am so sorry Clay.."

Eddie felt his blood start to boil but nodded some "Carmen, can I talk with you? Let them have a moment." He muttered letting Emily go to his son. He took a deep breath as he got into the hallway starting to pace "He met my fucking mother..."

Emily went straight to him, sitting next to the bed and taking his hand tightly. “I told you that it was going to catch up to you. I told you it was time to stop.” She told him crying quietly. “This is it Lucas. No more. I can’t get that phone call again.” She told him quietly.

Carmen had stepped out with Eddie and sighed a little. “She’s really sweet. Not the most brain behind the eyes but there’s enough.” She mumbled, looking up at Ed finally. “What’s wrong? Don’t tell me you argued. You can’t be-“ she stopped when he cut her off and frowned. “But we didn’t even tell her their names… we kept her away from all of them.” She muttered.

He frowned and shook his head. “I’m not going anywhere. I’m not leaving my family again but things have gotta change babe. You gotta learn to trust me. Not trusting me is what got us in this whole mess to begin with.” He muttered. “But I’m home now. I’m home and I’m not going anywhere okay?” He promised, reaching over and cupping her cheek.

Eddie shook his head repeatedly "No, the bitch fucking saw him on TV. Spitting goddamn image of me and found out. She fucking got him hooked!" He said angrily starting to shake as he continued pacing.

Lucas watched her some and gently cupped her cheek "I promise...I'm gonna get help this time." He whispered panting some "Don't...don't go...please." he whispered

Max gave him a small nod and pressed her face into his palm "I will." She whispered before moving closer to him and kissing him gently "I love you so much Clay..."

She shook her head and wiped her eyes, placing her hand over his. “Not a chance… unless your dad suddenly became single.” She teased him a little, “get some sleep love.” She murmured, waiting til he was out and went out to his parents, “you got a phone? I can give her number. For his grandma? She’s his supplier.” She told them both. “I love him. I don’t want to lose him and if he doesn’t get clean we will.”

He smiled a little and held her close, kissing her head. “I love you too beautiful…. Is it just me or did your boobs get bigger?” He asked her, chuckling when she slapped his chest. “Hey I’m just checking.”

Max slapped his chest playfully and laughed lightly "They may have gone up a cup size and stayed after the pregnancy." She said before smiling a bit at him "Ya know....I got a pretty comfy bed up...nice King size." She murmured

Eddie frowned deeply at Emily and gave a small nod "Give me everything you have on her." He said seriously before he pulled out his phone.

Carmen frowned and went to sit with him again, just watching him quietly. They’d told his nurse what he was on and she’d been assured that for now it was just observation for a couple nights and then he could be sent home. She looked up when Emily came back in and smiled a little. “Ed isn’t mad at you. His mother is… a piece of work.” She sighed. “He treating you good? I will quite happily kick his ass if he’s not.” She smiled at her.

Clay groaned a little and buried his face into her hair. “Mmmm as much as I would love to take you up on that offer…. Not yet babe. I think we should go to bed though. It’s getting late.” He murmured, kissing her temple

Emily came back in and gave a small smile to his mother "I know...sadly I did meet her one time and it was not pleasant." She explained before sitting opposite her "He is a very good man to me...just has his demons." She murmured softly

Max gave him a small smile and nodded softly "Thats not a problem, I'm fine with some cuddles." She murmured before taking his hand and leading him up to the room once he finished his beer

He smiled tiredly at her and went to get changed, frowning a little. “Babe…. Did you not bring any of my stuff?” He mumbled. “Cause there’s people living in our old place now and none of it’s there.” He frowned, turning to see her looking guilty.

She nodded and frowned. “I don’t know what he’s told you about his dad but Ed’s not a bad guy…. His genes certainly came through with lucas though. I’m gonna leave you guys to it. Give me a call if anything happens. We’ll be back tomorrow morning.” She told her, heading out to go find Eddie.

Max looked at the ground and gave a small nod before going into the closet bringing out the one box she had packed "This...this is all I have." She said quietly letting him take the box from her.

Eddie looked over at Carmen when she came out immediately reaching for her "She of course had no idea what I was talking about...fucking bitch." He muttered before starting to walk with her "She seems nice, I think I scared her though. Didn't mean to."

She smiled and shook her head. “You know what I think of your mom… honey Lucas has told her a hundred horror stories about you. She’s already on the fence.” She told him, walking down the hall with him. “You and me are going to the hotel to rest. I don’t think I’ve slept in 24 hours.” She told him quietly.

He frowned and looked through it, sighing a little. “Alright. Guess I know what I’m doing tomorrow.” He mumbled, getting changed and going to get into bed

Eddie gave her a small nod and sighed heavily "Yeah lets get going, I already talked with Jack. He said everything is going fine, also said his girl could stay there while we're out." He explained quietly to her as they walked to the car "You okay with maybe giving him the house if he wants it?"

Max gave a heavy sigh but nodded before she got into bed as well. She woke up the next morning to an empty bed and frowned deeply wondering if the previous say had been all a dream. Though her questions were soon answered when she here Lilah and Jose both giggling downstairs followed by Clay's chuckle.

She sighed a little and nodded "I'm hoping she's a bit nicer to the girls than the last time I saw her. She really doesn't have any tact.... If he wants it then yes. I just... the girls are doing so well.... But 2 out of 5 kids coping with life and being okay.... I feel like.... I feel like I've failed them Ed." She told him, starting to cry as they got to the car.

Clay had got Jose's diaper changed and Lilah her breakfast and was now sat on the floor with them both, letting them take turns while he blew raspberries on their tummies, finally sitting back and smiling "Okay no more, I'm gonna run out of air you two." He chuckled, lifting Jose up and stood up, "Oh hey there mami." He smiled, standing up and handed the litttle one over when he immediately reached for Max, "Lilah's been teaching him how to tug on my beard." He smiled at her

Eddie frowned deeply and pulled her close to him "Baby no, none of them were your fault. You were the absolute best mother you could be to them. If anyone is a failure its me. I took off and left you with five kids, I should have been there for all of you." He said softly trying to not cry as well while he kept her close to him.

Max made her way downstairs and smiled widely at the sight before her "Good morning Papí." She murmured before taking Jose into her arms "You sleep okay?" She asked before giving him a small peck on the lips.

She frowned and just held onto him for a moment. “Let’s just get back to the hotel and rest… I see cameras.” She muttered, frowning some and going to get in the car, having him drive. “I need a shower too. I feel really gross right now.” She told him quietly, just watching him while he drove, staring at his face and smiling a little. She hasn’t even noticed that he’d stopped the car and parked at the hotel, still just staring.

He smiled and nodded. “Yeah. Got up at five though, found these two rascals down here watching cartoons already. Lilah wanted to come with me to go get some new clothes today, I told her I just gotta check that she doesn’t have any clubs or anything.” He told her.

Eddie drove them the rest of the way in a comfortable silence just thinking over everything. He chuckled softly when they parked and she was still staring at him "Do I have something on my face? Big pimple or a bug?" He asked jokingly

Max smiled softly and gave a small nod "Art club is on Tuesdays, so she should be free." She said sweetly before going to sit down "Lilah did you show your Daddy any of your artwork? She definitely got your talent."

She smiled and shook her head. “No I’m just watching my husband, looking at his wrinkles and his crows feet.” She teased him, leaning over and pecking his lips. “Thinking bout how proud I am of him.”

He nodded and went to go grab a drink. “That’s good. Show me later baby when we get back okay?” He smiled. “We’ll be back. You want us to grab you a Starbucks or something?” He asked her, going to get lilah to grab her shoes

Eddie smiled widely at her and kissed her back "Come on m'lady, Eddie the Banished would like to take you to his quarters." He said before getting out of the car and around to her side so he could open her door her for.

Max gave a small nod "Yeah that sounds nice, I'll be here with Jose. Need to catch up on a few things from work." She said softly smiling a bit as Lilah got her shoes on quickly to leave with her dad.

She smiled a little, getting out with him, wrapping an arm around his waist while they made their way out of the parking garage and up into the lobby to get to their room, keeping close to him. It was starting to hit her just how exhausted she was as well and by the time they were up to their floor she was leaning on him a lot more, trying to keep her eyes open.

HE nodded and smiled, giving her a little wave as he took Lilah out to his car, taking her down to the mall he'd googled. He'd already been to the bank after getting out to find out how much he still had in there and seen that Max was using the shared account still. So he'd left that well alone and started using the other account he had. The one his dirty money had gone into. His plan was to use the lot of it up and never have to make it like that again

By the next morning Eddie was up early and down at the breakfast bar getting enough food for the both of them. He had slept some, but not as much as he would have liked. He smiled softlt as he got up to their room and inside again finding Carmen coming out of the restroom "Morning beautiful, I got you some breakfast."

Lilah smiled happily as she walked around the mall with her Dad "Daddy? You're staying right? You're not going away again?" She asked as she squeezed his hand a little tighter out of worry "I don't want you to leave again."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back