• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Doctor Who: The Clockwise Prolixity - OOC

I know that feeling! *insert bad New York accent here* Real Life, get outta da way already! Cant'cha see I'm tryin' ta roleplay here!! =)

Heya, folks!

Due to our recent OOC posts, I'm still a bit uncertain as to what Chauncey knows or does not know concerning the coins. I understand the information in the in-game post, but is there more?

I am also a bit confused as to Chauncey's level of technological understanding; are we going with what you wrote in our Conversation or something else?

Finally, does the answer to the above question alter what he can ascertain about the coins and their function?

Now that we seem to have a steady Internet connection back, I will (happily!) post after I have a more solid picture of the situation. =)

Until then, have fun, folks! =)

Honor and fun,
Dann =)

Heya, folks!

Due to our recent OOC posts, I'm still a bit uncertain as to what Chauncey knows or does not know concerning the coins. I understand the information in the in-game post, but is there more?

I am also a bit confused as to Chauncey's level of technological understanding; are we going with what you wrote in our Conversation or something else?

Finally, does the answer to the above question alter what he can ascertain about the coins and their function?

Now that we seem to have a steady Internet connection back, I will (happily!) post after I have a more solid picture of the situation. =)

Until then, have fun, folks! =)

Honor and fun,
Dann =)

HI Dannigan,

I'll write out something more expansive in the last IC post I made to reflect what Chauncey's able to devise given his roll. I'm definitely going with our Conversation for Chauncey's level of technological understanding, I just didn't remember the details of it when making my initial commentary (as it was unfortunately a month or so ago, there's half a dozen PCs, and I'm basically making excuses here so I'll stop). I imagine he'll have a pretty good understanding of the coins and their function, for you rolled a success!

Apologies for any confusion.

(as it was unfortunately a month or so ago, there's half a dozen PCs, and I'm basically making excuses here so I'll stop).

Ha ha ha! Pips, you're delightful! Would that more people in the world were so straight up! =)

Hooray, too, for rolling a success! As for apologies, you've done nothing in my book worth making any - as far as I can tell, we are all new to the Doctor Who RPG (heck, some like me are new to Doctor Who universe!). In situations like these especially, good gamers try to add and assist where they can. This, in turn, makes the fun smoother and stronger for everyone involved. But I'll end this post now before I launch into another "rant."

Game on! =)

Quite busy today, but I'll hopefully be able to get a post up at some point in-between... just a question that might be of importance since Thoc will likely focus on the corridor: The hand in the corridor - if it is one - how warm is it? I'll probably end up somewhere close to the door, if distance is of importance.

Epiphany Epiphany when things vanish in the horizon, they do so because of the curvature of the Earth (and because stuff gets in the way), However, in a corridor like this, if it were to vanish due to curvature, I'd still see the roof, do I do so? Or were you just being poetic about it vanishing in darkness? Or something I hadn't thought of?

Also, can I see if the body is alive or dead? (I can use my normal senses and Ahassunu has quite some experience in looking at people who are only sleeping or passed out (and 2 in Medicine)).

I was being poetic. It's a really long way and it gets hazy past a point. Might be due to distance. Might be due to something in the air! Either way, you still see a roof and there's no discernable curvature.

And yep, Awareness + Medicine.

And with a Success result...I'll update the original post with more detail rather than detailing it here or making yet another post.

I'd just like to clarify that I know Ahassunu's name, it's Torrey who doesn't have a firm grasp of it. ^;3^ He'll learn better sooner or later!

Pips, I would like to spend a Story Point on Chauncey's attempts.

1. Are these also Ingenuity + Technology rolls? I also want to make use of Chauncey's Technically Adept Trait, Major Time Traveler Trait, and the Boffin side of him just wants you to know that it is really paying attention for what that is worth. Heh! =)
2. Do you require one roll for it all or three?
3. Should I write more in-game as I am using a Story Point or was that enough?

Sorry, I'm utterly wiped with work at the moment. Should have an intelligent comment to make (and hopefully a game post) later today.

No worries! I know that feeling well myself. *sends in the professional chefs and massage team to work on Pips* =)

Arynne Arynne Thank you for telling me. I live with hyperkinetic disorder and I often get distracted and miss things even after several reads through.

Do you mind if we just roleplay Chauncey missing Doctor Ivy saying that? Otherwise, I have to heavily rewrite the post and I think Pips is busy enough as it is.

He just got so excited about the unknown technology!

Sorry for my relative absence, folks. Worked all weekend, will be working all week and I've got another pair of onsites running next week and the week after. Two month cycles for me and it's peaking right now. :)

As for you, Dannigan, as is all too typical for the present setting, you're making Ingenuity + Technology rolls. Arguably, you'll get better results on the first roll if it's Ingenuity + Medicine but Technology should still give you something. Each is a separate roll, though, with separate outcomes.

And as a sidenote for Chauncey (a fact I'll make plain when I get the time to make a proper IC posting), when Ahassunu and Ivy talk in that foreign language, Chauncey is now seeing subtitles for what they're saying.

Cool beans! That's going to flip Chauncey's lid and then everyone else's! =)

How about the expenditure of the Story Point? Since there are two rolls, I'll use the Story Point on the Ingenuity + Medicine roll, but am I doing that right? As I understand it, as a player, I describe what my character is doing and tweak the story a little in my character's favor by spending the points (or in this case, a single point).

I really want to make this roll because it is Chauncey's first time interacting with this technology on an understandable level (via the "enhancers"). First impressions can mean a lot. I'm hoping that a great result here might affect future rolls down the road - and I'm sure we're going to be interacting more with this technology as our adventure proceeds! =)

Anyways, here is the Ingenuity + Medicine roll. I am adding Chauncey's Technically Adept Trait (+2) and I think that's all that applies here. His Major Time Traveller trait is doing enough by helping him interact with this technology at all. I don't know if his Boffin trait will help him here.

Ingenuity (5) + Medicine (4) + Technically Adept Trait (2) + 2d6 (8) = 19! Woo!

And here is the second roll. Ingenuity (5) + Technology (5) + Technically Adept Trait (2) + 2d6 (7) = 19 again! =)

Alright, rolling for two things: Sab's understanding of Thoc's language, and a virtual (i.e. I'm not gonna risk destroying) dissection of a translator.

Respond to Thoc by repeating Thoc’s language
6 (Ingenuity) + 4 (Knowledge) + 1 (scanner) + 4 + 4 = 19

Roll to scan the device
6 (Ingenuity) + 4 (Science or Technology, both are the same number) + 1 (scanner) + 4 + 6 = 22

Just a short notification - my thoughts are elsewhere at the moment, and I haven't found the inspiration to get decent posts up lately. Hopefully, that'll change soon - but it might take another few days before I'll get a proper response up.

No worries, Silanon! It's a game not a job, right? =)

if you need a hand getting into character, feel free to strike up a Conversation with me and I'll lend a hand.

Why do I offer, perhaps you ask? Because you are playing the deadliest character in our party and we have to keep you happy lest your character get hungry and see the rest of us as lizard food.

Yeah, that's it. =)

Thanks, y'all - I'm having a few rough weeks at the moment, so your understanding is more than appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back