Music Do you play an instrument?

I've only ever played the guitar and the ukelele, and even then I feel like I haven't played the ukelele in forever. I've tried getting into piano too, but...I just didn't have as much tenacity for it as I did with the guitar, haha. XD
Learning barre chords for the first time on guitar is always a pain, teaching others to do it moreso. XD

I've only ever played the guitar and the ukelele, and even then I feel like I haven't played the ukelele in forever. I've tried getting into piano too, but...I just didn't have as much tenacity for it as I did with the guitar, haha. XD
Learning barre chords for the first time on guitar is always a pain, teaching others to do it moreso. XD
The ukulele is one of those instruments you can learn quickly, but the guitar is a little more challenging (A lot more) xD

I play the guitar and I would say the hardest part would be the dreaded tuning when you have old strings waiting for one to snap after hearing the *Click* sound :D

My favourite song to play would be this the title is morbid and the tone of the guitar is dark but that's my favourite tone for guitars anyway :) I like the deeper guttural sounds you get from stringed instruments.

I play the Viola, I started learning a couple of years ago now so I am still working on the basics. I had played the Clarinet, Bass Clarinet, and Tenor Saxophone in earlier phases of my life. The hardest thing for me right now on the Viola is getting a good tone. Many would say the hardest thing with the Viola is learning Alto Clef, but I found Alto Clef fairly easy. I am just now starting to learn vibrato and it is challenging as well, but I would say the hardest thing is getting a nice clear tone (which vibrato plays into). All in all though I really enjoying playing and learning the nuances of the Viola.

I play the ukulele, which is relatively easy to learn, dabble in guitar (I'm definitely not anywhere near good at it) however, I struggle with barre chords because I have double jointed fingers (hypermobility), and I cannot press down the way that I need to. I also play piano, and I used to play both tenor and baritone saxophone back in the day.

To be honest, being able to play the piano came naturally. When I first started to play the piano, I didn't understand how to use it but about a day or two later I was able to play it with no trouble. When I was 16, I wanted to play the Violin. I can now play some anime theme songs on both the piano and violin.

Bass guitar, acoustic guitar, electric guitar and drums and if vocals count, then vocals.

I'm still learning to play the guitar. I'd say the hardest part is holding the strings down and developing muscles on your fingers. I usually get a buzz instead of a clean note, but I'm working on it. I can strum my basic major/minor chords pretty well. I need help on my barre chords though. Those are the vain of my existence right now. It doesn't help that some of my favourite songs are sprinkled with them. It's back to Smoke on the Water, for me. XD

I'm still learning to play the guitar. I'd say the hardest part is holding the strings down and developing muscles on your fingers. I usually get a buzz instead of a clean note, but I'm working on it. I can strum my basic major/minor chords pretty well. I need help on my barre chords though. Those are the vain of my existence right now. It doesn't help that some of my favourite songs are sprinkled with them. It's back to Smoke on the Water, for me. XD
Practise making the barre chord shape, Puddin'.

I play the violin and I love it, but it sounds horrible if you don't do it right. Just being slightly off in finger placement can ruin everything. Also, I hate shifting into any position higher than third.

Do you have an electric guitar? It's easier on there.

I have an acoustic one that I bought at a clearance sale. I'm still saving up for an electric one since I want to get an amp at the same time. XD
I don't know much about the guitar makers/luthiers, but so far, Fender and Gibson have been recommended to me. I'd really like to invest in a good electric guitar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back