Music Do you play an instrument?

I suppose this sort of counts. I sing. I'm almost entirely self-taught but others, even professional singers, have said I have aptitude for it. It's a shame I cannot afford actual lessons because I'd totally jump on the opportunity.

I was always told the voice was an instrument too. I sing, a lot actually, I even used to post covers on Smule and will be doing so again sometime soon. I consider the hardest part for me is harmonizing. People say I have a natural ear for that sort of stuff, and while I can hear the harmonies in a song I can’t imitate them with my own voice unless I hear them by themselves.

I’m physically incapable of playing any “real” instruments because my fingers are weird. Hyperflexible is what they call it. I’ve tried piano but it just doesn’t work with my hands

I do play an ukulele and a piano, although I've been neglecting both quite a bit lately. Personally for me it's hard to actually find a routine to practice daily-

Back when I was around 10 years old I played the flute. The difficulty I had that eventually led me to quit was that I couldn’t breathe well while playing, which meant I struggled to hold notes for long enough. It’s been years since I played an instrument now, but I’m thinking of learning guitar this year!

I sing and play the piano, a 100-year-old Gerhard Adam made in Germany. Sadly, as it's so very old, it's impossible to tune, as the screws are worn out. I'd have to pay about 5000 to have everything repaired, which is too much considering my current financial situation.
It sounds quite off sometimes, vastly depending on the weather as the corpus is made of wood, but I still enjoy playing it very much^w^

Aside from that I'm learning to play the ocarina atm^^

Last edited:
I know how to play the piano. I always practice cool songs I hear from video games and whatnot. As of now, I don't have access to one but I will be trying to learn Dearly Beloved from Kingdom Hearts as soon as I do.

I used to briefly play drums for a band and I actually played for a band my friends were in once because the normal drummer couldn't make it. I didn't fuck it up that badly so imma say I did okay.

Though it doesn't count as an instrument, I do dabble in making themes in GarageBand and FL.

I have a symphony story!!

I played the Viola in a youth symphony and one year we performed Duel of the Fates (yes Star Wars). My part was extremely boring and since I had recently switched instruments before rehearsals for this concert began, I wasn't very used to the size of the viola OR alto clef, extremely difficult. It's the quick rhythmic part you can hear in the background. Unfortunately, I was also the only viola and this part was super important for the brass and wood wind to listen to as they sat RIGHT BEHIND ME. As they usually do, the violins had the beautiful flowy part and since it was relatively slow, they always always always went too fast.

So now we're on stage in front of basically the entire town, I'm in the very front row and nervous because practically the entire symphony has to follow ME and gradually the violins speed up. My fingers are stretched to the max down the long ass finger board, I'm bowing as quickly as I can with this broken ass bow (was a used viola and couldn't afford to get the frog fixed) and they're still going faster. FINALLY the conductor notices that I CANNOT FOLLOW and stops. Luckily we were a disciplines group and pulled it off like it was just a dramatic pause but I was so scared! I really couldn't play any faster and when he says "measure 20!" to us, I take a deep breath and concentrate because we get to play it all again! He made very exaggerated movements directly solely at the violin section and after the performance he let me know it wasn't my fault. Also none of my family noticed that we made a mistake!! I still have flashbacks to this day whenever my SO watches Star Wars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back