• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Do Not Go Gentle [Fairy Tale Inspired] ⋆ Detailed

Do you want the focus to be on:

• Total voters
Totally into this too! Enjoying your GMing Bang Bang Bang Bang so would love to join. No idea what sort of thing I'd wanna play yet, would rather wait for more lore, but I do have a soft spot for gentle monster/demon boys.
As someone who shares this soft spot <3

Very interested in this!
Welcome to the long haul chill club :P Lore shall be being gradually updated this week so I hope you like what you find :D

Totally interested if y'all are willing to have me! I don't mind the wait, will even be willing to help write and flesh out this thing if need be.

U P D A T E

About half of the species have now been added to the Lore, and there's a slight rule change; Players must keep their characters of species specified in the lore matching whatever the Lore states for that species. However, if they wish to create new species, they are still more than welcome to message me with them!​

I feel rather late to this party, but I would like to express my interest. Nothing gets me more hyped up than seeing lore, no matter how long it is. It's always nice to see a world so fleshed out but still leaves room for the others' imagination.

I may be interested may a spot arise that can be taken?~ :3 (in other words my computers bust and I don't know when I'll have it back to make a proper CS XD)

I feel rather late to this party, but I would like to express my interest. Nothing gets me more hyped up than seeing lore, no matter how long it is. It's always nice to see a world so fleshed out but still leaves room for the others' imagination.
I may be interested may a spot arise that can be taken?~ :3 (in other words my computers bust and I don't know when I'll have it back to make a proper CS XD)

Not even remotely too late; Given how we don't intend to start till Feburary, there is still a wealth of time for you to peruse the Lore at your leisure, and cook up some ideas! (and, to get computers fixed :) ) Lovely of you to express interest! I hope you find something to inspire you in the Lore!

Not even remotely too late; Given how we don't intend to start till Feburary, there is still a wealth of time for you to peruse the Lore at your leisure, and cook up some ideas! (and, to get computers fixed :) ) Lovely of you to express interest! I hope you find something to inspire you in the Lore!
And!! Sounds amazing, I love this concept of little red riding hood in the sense that she herself is acts the wolf or rather a werewolf, it's been use different in fairy tale interpretations before and it has always really caught my attention, that or a more eastern style kingdom with possibly a more Japanese or Chinese take of a kits une princess fleeing from her kingdom would be interesting!!

And!! Sounds amazing, I love this concept of little red riding hood in the sense that she herself is acts the wolf or rather a werewolf, it's been use different in fairy tale interpretations before and it has always really caught my attention, that or a more eastern style kingdom with possibly a more Japanese or Chinese take of a kits une princess fleeing from her kingdom would be interesting!!
I love the Little Red Riding hood idea, I've seen that twist done a couple of times and it's always been really interesting :) Whatever suits you - if you have discord, the group chat's pretty handy for planning bits out, or feel free to PM me whenever :)

This is definitely interesting. I love the inclusion of the rules of a fairy tale world. It definitely puts a nice twist to a common theme in an rp like this. Just wondering, is it fine to have a character that is heavily inspired by a different person/character and/or story? Not a character in the rp mind you, maybe one from a game, story, or movie. Also, regarding the post limit, I have a tendency to write longer sentences, so would it be fine to maybe just write 4 sentences if the length makes up for it?

This is definitely interesting. I love the inclusion of the rules of a fairy tale world. It definitely puts a nice twist to a common theme in an rp like this. Just wondering, is it fine to have a character that is heavily inspired by a different person/character and/or story? Not a character in the rp mind you, maybe one from a game, story, or movie. Also, regarding the post limit, I have a tendency to write longer sentences, so would it be fine to maybe just write 4 sentences if the length makes up for it?

Absolutely RE other characters - We've already got one in the works influenced by the Koschei tales, and another surrounding another myth and a Nickelodeon show. So long as it's in keeping with the 'vibes' of the RP, all is good! And even if it's not, I am more than happy to help tailor it to fit in a little more snugly, or provide guidance :) It's certainly not particularly strict - more a 'no supermen flying about with laser beams coming out of their eyes' kind of rule.

And thanks btw, I'm glad you like the rule mechanics.

RE longer sentences, I normally do it by eye than by counting every word - so long as they look chunky enough and aren't say three-four lines, I'm a happy duck :)

We’ve got a discord where people interested stay and chat ? we plan a few things there too, as well as ask questions. Feelfree to join the party there!

U P D A T E

Lots of updates today folks. We now have the 'In Depth Lore' page as a Work in Progress, where all the players' Lore and some of my deeper stuff is going to be kept. Additionally, the Playable Species list is now complete.
We also now have a Looking For Pinboard!
To Post and Advertisement for a character you are looking for someone else to play in relation to your own, or to see what roles other players are looking for people to fill for them, go the Looking For Pinboard.

Currently under works by the GM are non-playable species, in depth Location Lore, and more plots, along with plot lines. Within the next week, the IC thread will be going into development so that people can see what the Quests available at the beginning will be, and see what will be the layout and format of the Roleplay.​

I'm not on for one day and like fifteen people decide to join XD
tell me about it, I was settling in for a nice quite RP, just a few people to co-ordinate, and now I've got a folder, a bullet point journal, and a pinboard account all dedicated to this thing to try and manage it xD

U P D A T E

Non Playable Species are now up, albeit the list is not exhaustive, and shall be added to across the RP - Players are welcome to create additional Lore for these, including new species.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back