• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Nation Building Diadochi Dialogues

Discord OOC?

• Move to Discord

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Stay Here

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
It's still able to be crossed, just riskier. Also look at the Terrain map. It's still WIP but it has your area covered.
I don't know where it is. Also, have you ever considered migrating OOC to discord?

The Brown is Mountains, the Green are plains/farmlands, the Yellow-brown is hilly terrain, the dark green is wooded area, the light blueish green is steppeland, and the dark blueish green is marsh/swamp Diadochi Terrain.png

The Brown is Mountains, the Green are plains/farmlands, the Yellow-brown is hilly terrain, the dark green is wooded area, the light blueish green is steppeland, and the dark blueish green is marsh/swamp View attachment 821537
I was interested in controlling those mountains south of me and set up mines and maybe an armory. I was thinking they were mining some sort of strategic/magical resources.

Also, back to that question of mine. How does magic work exactly? Like on an individual basis. I assume there's no fireballs, magic ray, and that kind of stuff.

I was interested in controlling those mountains south of me and set up mines and maybe an armory. I was thinking they were mining some sort of strategic/magical resources.
Not really? They are just Mountains. You probably want to go for more Farmland. Besides you can just get them through gameplay.

Also, back to that question of mine. How does magic work exactly? Like on an individual basis. I assume there's no fireballs, magic ray, and that kind of stuff.
You pray to the Gods and maybe they give you stuff, maybe they don't.

So no mechanic for resource gathering?
Not really, this game is more about Politicking and Warfare than resource management. You are in the middle of a succession crisis, you need to defeat your enemies first and solidify your hold on the Empire, THEN you can start to worry about the wheat yield.

We can probably add that kind of stuff in the later stages of the game if you want though.

We can probably add that kind of stuff in the later stages of the game if you want though.
I do agree enemies need to be defeated first but resource management kinda plays an important part as well as its own strategic importance to the military and other fields. Like iron, steel, and whatever other resources this fantasy-ish world has. But that's probably gonna make the game a little bit more complex so I guess it's fine without it.

I do agree enemies need to be defeated first but resource management kinda plays an important part as well as its own strategic importance to the military and other fields. Like iron, steel, and whatever other resources this fantasy-ish world has. But that's probably gonna make the game a little bit more complex so I guess it's fine without it.
That would probably be the case if it weren't based on the wars of the Diadochi. These wars were fought by already trained and equipped armies and mercenaries and funded largely by Persian War Plunder. I will probably institute resource mechanics after the initial land grab and you need to raise more armies/the war booty runs out.

Ooh, then my first move should be to blockade the isle of megalos while i steal their land and treasure

If i'm gonna steal anything its silk. But i dont steal, i trade and haggle the hell out of it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back