• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Nation Building Diadochi Dialogues

Discord OOC?

• Move to Discord

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Stay Here

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
We are the assassins and they're probably just gonna assassinate the puppet ruler if ever. The nation basically is probably a Democracy or something but is secretly controlled by the Shadow Council. Got inspiration from that Stellaris Civic if anyone plays the game.
What Albion said, just do an Oligarchy. I'm pretty sure that they had yet to invent the Concept of the Deep State at this time.

yes but a democracy makes the plebs think they have a say ion things rather than being rulled by a few powerful people

yes but a democracy makes the plebs think they have a say ion things rather than being rulled by a few powerful people
But this is ancient times? Where everyone was ruled by a king? And they just had the Monarch die.

the plebs don't even understand they have basic political rights at this time, lmao. they don't give a damn as long as their fields are fertile and their sons arent killed in wars

hey they had this exact set up in ancient democracies. they pretended to vote but the leaders were almost always members of powerful families and groups. just gave peopel the illusion they weren't being rulled by a group of corrupt decdant nobles

ancient republics, maybe, but a democracy is less susceptible to that, if super expensive

hey they had this exact set up in ancient democracies. they pretended to vote but the leaders were almost always members of powerful families and groups.
But the thing is that unless you are playing in the Greek part of the map the other cultures don't have a tradition of Democracy.

But the thing is that unless you are playing in the Greek part of the map the other cultures don't have a tradition of Democracy.
and even the vast majority of the greeks were still ruled by kings or oligarchs or whatever. athens was the exception, really, not the rule

apparently kent's people will so their leaders could easily be puppeteer by a secret group of powerful and rich elites

mm. curious. anyway, we were just discussing the whole idea of a democracy with a shadow council - having a democracy is rather expensive at this time, you'd probably be better off with a republic, much less people you need to buy off?

Hold up, let me catch up.
Basically I am just wondering why it has to be all secretive instead of just have a regular stab happy Oligarchy. I'm also weirded out by the fact that you want a shadow council of assassins running things but they don't try to stab each other? Like what's with that?

Probably a republic, yeah. I was just considering democracy. The council or at least the Shadow Leader needs a scapegoat for every action they make, they need someone to be targeted in their place, etc. Putting power in the people also makes it easier to control these puppets.

Basically I am just wondering why it has to be all secretive instead of just have a regular Oligarchy. I'm also weirded out by the fact that you want a shadow council of assassins running things but they don't try to stab each other? Like what's with that?
My idea was the Former Spymaster secretly controlling the nation with a few supporters. They are welcome to make an assassination attempt on him if they don't get assassinated first. It's gonna be hard to fight in the shadows of the nation when someone already rules it.

Probably a republic, yeah. I was just considering democracy. The council or at least the Shadow Leader needs a scapegoat for every action they make, they need someone to be targeted in their place, etc. Putting power in the people also makes it easier to control these puppets.

My idea was the Former Spymaster secretly controlling the nation with a few supporters. They are welcome to make an assassination attempt on him if they don't get assassinated first. It's gonna be hard to fight in the shadows of the nation when someone already rules it.
Oh, that makes more sense, it's just the former spymaster of Arkantos III who rules the nation as an Oligarchy. I guess *Shadow Council* just sounds cooler.

mm, that's why you gotta keep the spymaster in your pocket, not the other way around

If you were to be the former spymaster of a Conqueror however, it seems way more likely that it would be an Oligarchy of Generals rather than a Citizen Republic though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back