• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Nation Building Diadochi Dialogues

Discord OOC?

• Move to Discord

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Stay Here

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
okay sounds good to me i'll think or questions

actually i have one how high v low fantasy are you thinking the world is?

okay sounds good to me i'll think or questions

actually i have one how high v low fantasy are you thinking the world is?
Well I was thinking it would be pretty steeped in magic, but that it isn't really controllable, at least not by humans. Magic is the purview of the Gods. Think Greek mythology, there isn't a lot of people throwing around fireballs, but the Gods and Monsters are definitely a real and present force. Does that make sense?

okay that is good they still had their witches and stuff .

any who any races you are thinking as available, you know my love of odd races

okay that is good they still had their witches and stuff .

any who any races you are thinking as available, you know my love of odd races
Mostly human focused, but I'm not opposed to minority populations of Djinn, or Minotaurs, or somesuch. Try to keep them based in Greek or Middle Eastern Mythology and keep the population fairly small.

What about Sagittarius? They are the winged Centaurs. Very popular in Iranian art.

well to be fair djinn have like 20 different version but even the most basic are shape shifters that can take any form and any size made of flame

What about Sagittarius? They are the winged Centaurs. Very popular in Iranian art.
i'll think as flying beings can be their own form of Op depending on height restrictions as shooting straight up is very dangerous with a bow limited range, while a large rock or arrow has no issues with range going down.

i'll think as flying beings can be their own form of Op depending on height restrictions as shooting straight up is very dangerous with a bow limited range, while a large rook or arrow has no issues with range going down.
Hence why I say population is limited and you have to have at least like 80% humans or something. Basically I am trying to have mythological creatures be rare and wild and free for most people.

ah i see so it would be more a leader and a few core groups are of none humans races and most are human

If anything the most likely Mythological creatures to be used in Combat are the ones with Animal like intelligence that might be captured and they would act a lot like Elephants, very expensive to maintain and small in number.

i see i took it as something very different
Oh that's too bad. Well if you want your nation to be more magical I'm sure we could find a middle ground. What were you thinking that you'd like to play? And if the other players are looking for a more mystical game I'm sure we could do that. I'm just saying what my original plans were.

well i took the game to be more like this

A large army of various groups and races united and bound by the power and charisma of their leader fall into infighting after he dies as the or race and faction conflicts come forth as all seek a part of the empire.

what i think you pitched is

An army of humans bound by their leaders charisma and power took over most of the land now that he is dead they have fallen to greed as they each try to claim parts of the empire.... also there are monsters they use as weapons sometimes.

well i took the game to be more like this

A large army of various groups and races united and bound by the power and charisma of their leader fall into infighting after he dies as the or race and faction conflicts come forth as all seek a part of the empire.

what i think you pitched is

An army of humans bound by their leaders charisma and power took over most of the land now that he is dead they have fallen to greed as they each try to claim parts of the empire.... also there are monsters they use as weapons sometimes.
I see where the confusion lies. That is basically the gist of it yeah. So you were thinking more proper Fantasy Races. Yeah that is kind of a bigger departure.

If you would like to be a non human faction I think we could work something out. Perhaps you would be a coalition of the intelligent races who got enslaved and now seek a homeland?
yeah i see i tend to fair poorly when making human factions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back