• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Demigods and Titans - Scion OOC Thread

Main
Here
Characters
Here
The staff might gain some tags depending on how large it gets. Its weight change is going to be more a case of special effect of how it can do so much damage on a hit.

You can get a max of 5 freebie points from Flaws. You can then use them to purchase Merits, subject to approval. Obviously, many of the Merits and Flaws will not be applicable to Scion character.
Awesome possum! Makes sense to me. Would you like me to stick with what was mentioned in the book of it growing 100% per dot of legend?

Indeed I saw that. Going to look over them again and see if any of them are very "Johnny Wu".

Do we get free merit points or do we get them only by getting flaws?

Also I need to figure out what to do with the last 2 birthright points I got.

Two more questions!

Our characters do not know they are scions yet, correct?

And do mortals know about the existence of gods and scions walking among them?

Awesome possum! Makes sense to me. Would you like me to stick with what was mentioned in the book of it growing 100% per dot of legend?

Indeed I saw that. Going to look over them again and see if any of them are very "Johnny Wu".

Do we get free merit points or do we get them only by getting flaws?

Also I need to figure out what to do with the last 2 birthright points I got.
You get 15 freebie points during character creation that can be applied to Merits if you want. No free Merits, sadly enough.
Two more questions!

Our characters do not know they are scions yet, correct?

And do mortals know about the existence of gods and scions walking among them?
You do know you are Scions, having been visited by your parent a while ago.

No, the mass of humanity does not know about the gods and the war in the spirit realm with the titans.

Psychie Psychie

I would like to use the remaining 2 dots of birthright to create a relic, if I may.

And I was thinking of a kung fu gi that grants special properties.

Would that be doable?

Alternatively, are there any notable benefits of a guide?

And can someone have a teacher in their past, such as a kung fu master whom is not an active participant in the present, or would that also be considered a guide and would require dots for?

Last edited:
Also. Just a thought. If I did get that flying boon. I could embrace the legend and have it be the relic of cloud stepping boots that mimics hat particular boon.

Or go full ham and have it be the flying nimbus :p

Given everything else going on right now, it's not looking like I'll have enough time to keep up with everything else going on and get up to speed with Scion. So, I'll have to sit this one out. Good luck everyone.

Got invited for drinks with industry colleagues. May still get a sheet in tonight but otherwise we're looking at Saturday. Is there a deadline, just in case?

Decent progress made despite my hangover. Shame I have work in the morning.

Characters are looking good so far. D. Rex D. Rex you still haven't put your dot of Epic Cha on your sheet, but you have the Knack from it. It's not a big deal, just make sure you note it so you don't lose credit for having the Epic Cha.

Sherwood Sherwood , is your sheet complete? I want to make sure you're done before giving my ok on it.

Characters are looking good so far. D. Rex D. Rex you still haven't put your dot of Epic Cha on your sheet, but you have the Knack from it. It's not a big deal, just make sure you note it so you don't lose credit for having the Epic Cha.

Sherwood Sherwood , is your sheet complete? I want to make sure you're done before giving my ok on it.
I had just forgot to add it. Will do it now.

Did you see my other questions? The ones below

Psychie Psychie

I would like to use the remaining 2 dots of birthright to create a relic, if I may.

Would that be doable?

And can someone have a teacher in their past, such as a kung fu master whom is not an active participant in the present, or would that also be considered a guide and would require dots for?

Psychie Psychie

Would that be doable?

So many posts, I missed this one. Sorry!

For a kung fu gi; what special properties are you looking for? Just some extra armor soak? Or something different?

A guide can be a good information source for me to give you hints that may not be available to your characters otherwise. For each dot in guide, it would provide you with more access to your mentor, and give you more information available from him/her.

Also, D. Rex D. Rex I think your Dodge DV with the Untouchable Opponent is off. The Knack doubles your Epic Dex bonus to your dodge, so assuming your base of 10 is right, your Dodge DV with UO should be 14, not 12.

So many posts, I missed this one. Sorry!

For a kung fu gi; what special properties are you looking for? Just some extra armor soak? Or something different?

A guide can be a good information source for me to give you hints that may not be available to your characters otherwise. For each dot in guide, it would provide you with more access to your mentor, and give you more information available from him/her.

Sweet! I think I will go with the guide then. A mortal king fu grandmaster that trained Johnny.

I can always get a gi with the demigod bonuses.

But the enhancements I was wanting to get the "add legend to attribute" one. But that is three dots. I only have two.

Once you hit Legend 5, you get a whole lot more stats, boons, and birthright points. You can save up for that if you want.

I also notice that Grey Grey , you have listed your Legend as 2, but you also have 2 in your Epic Attributes. Your Legend score needs to be one dot higher than the value of your Epic Attributes or your Boons. Your sheet has a lot of work that still needs to be done on it, so I'm guessing you just listed the '2' for your Legend as a placeholder.

That is correct; I spent all my pre-Freebie stuff and I mean to justify it by raising Legend when I spend all the bonus points.
I'm just contemplating Knack/Boon/etc selections and how i want to flesh out my backstory. I haven't played Scion in literally ten years so it's a bit like learning it over again.

His name shall be Xi Dong, the Salamander Sage. Whom can be found in China Town. In a building unoriginally called "Chinese Food and Kung Fu".

Hey Grey, any idea on what your Legend score is going to end up as? Just curious.

I'm thinking 3, but we'll see.
Also. I'm at a tabletop convention from the 14th until the 17th so I'll likely be completely unavailable for those days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back