• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Demigods and Titans - Scion OOC Thread

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Don't forget that you have had a long-ish mortal life long before you ever discovered the true nature of your divine parent, so if you wish to say you are an expert in a martial art even though your dad is Osiris (just as an example), that is fine.

Cool beans!

Are martial arts any good in this rp? Do they offer any bonuses over weapons?

And are associated powers cheaper in purchasing? Like favored attributes or something.

Martial Arts in this setting are covered under either the Brawl or Melee skills, and the only difference in the various combat styles is flavor.

The associated powers of your parent are cheaper both in Freebie points and Experience points for later advancement. That includes the six Abilities, your various Attributes and Epic Attributes, and your Purviews.

Martial Arts in this setting are covered under either the Brawl or Melee skills, and the only difference in the various combat styles is flavor.

The associated powers of your parent are cheaper both in Freebie points and Experience points for later advancement. That includes the six Abilities, your various Attributes and Epic Attributes, and your Purviews.
May I use a relic that isn't in the example relics, but mentioned in the example Scions?

May I use a relic that isn't in the example relics, but mentioned in the example Scions?
Yes. You can design a Relic to be able to power your Boons as you wish, with a final ok to be made by me.

Also, I am going to allow you to purchase Merits and Flaws from the Vampire: The Masquerade 20th Anniversary edition, to a max of 5 points of Flaws, subject to my approval.

Yes. You can design a Relic to be able to power your Boons as you wish, with a final ok to be made by me.

Also, I am going to allow you to purchase Merits and Flaws from the Vampire: The Masquerade 20th Anniversary edition, to a max of 5 points of Flaws, subject to my approval.
Sweet! Cause I think the nyobo would be pretty fun to use. And might even change my concept just for it.

I dont have that book

lol No worries. If you can get it, the Merits and Flaws are back in the Appendix on pg 479 of the Core book.

lol No worries. If you can get it, the Merits and Flaws are back in the Appendix on pg 479 of the Core book.

Will definitely check those out. Love playing with merits and flaws.

This is the relic in question I'd like to use.

"
Sun Wukong first gave his son a piece of his own size-changing staff, the Ru Yi Jin Gu Bang,
which became a complete staff in turn. Not only does Tommy’s staff function as an indestructible bo staff, it
also allows him to channel Sky and War Boons and can grow and shrink up to 100% per dot of its wielder’s
Legend (so Tommy can make it six times longer and/or thicker, or one-sixth its normal size)."

Would it be able to have any modified stats compared to a normal bo staff? And would it just do bashing damage or is there a way I can make it do lethal? And what would the relic cost be?

Psychie Psychie

Is it possible to use bonus points to increase ones legend, then use the Boon/Epic point pool to put a epic attribute to 3?

Given that the bo staff is a Martial art weapon, could one use it with the Brawl ability rather than the melee ability?

Psychie Psychie

Is it possible to use bonus points to increase ones legend, then use the Boon/Epic point pool to put a epic attribute to 3?

Given that the bo staff is a Martial art weapon, could one use it with the Brawl ability rather than the melee ability?
Yes, you can raise your Epic Attributes as long as both your Legend and the base Attribute is one higher than the number of Epic dots you want. If you have a Int of 2, you can't buy any more than one dot of Epic Int, even if you have a Legend of 4+.

I will let you use Brawl as the skill when doing Martial Arts with your weapon.

Next, I see you have a sheet posted! Great! I'm guessing it is still a work in progress, since you have listed an Epic Sta of 2, but only 1 Knack, and a Knack for Cha listed, but no Epic Attribute for it.

Yes, you can raise your Epic Attributes as long as both your Legend and the base Attribute is one higher than the number of Epic dots you want. If you have a Int of 2, you can't buy any more than one dot of Epic Int, even if you have a Legend of 4+.

I will let you use Brawl as the skill when doing Martial Arts with your weapon.

Next, I see you have a sheet posted! Great! I'm guessing it is still a work in progress, since you have listed an Epic Sta of 2, but only 1 Knack, and a Knack for Cha listed, but no Epic Attribute for it.
Thank you! That will definitely help simplify the ability aspect. I'll get a specialty for it as soon as I can get one.

Yeah, was still looking around and was deciding if I wanted them for sure or not. Once j finish the knacks, I need to move over to the birthrights. Which I will likely need to get with you about the relic.

This is the relic in question I'd like to use.

"
Sun Wukong first gave his son a piece of his own size-changing staff, the Ru Yi Jin Gu Bang,
which became a complete staff in turn. Not only does Tommy’s staff function as an indestructible bo staff, it
also allows him to channel Sky and War Boons and can grow and shrink up to 100% per dot of its wielder’s
Legend (so Tommy can make it six times longer and/or thicker, or one-sixth its normal size)."

Would it be able to have any modified stats compared to a normal bo staff? And would it just do bashing damage or is there a way I can make it do lethal? And what would the relic cost be?
Sorry that I didn't see this one post earlier.

You can start out with the piece of the bo staff without a problem. Without any points put into it, it will have the same stats as the mundane bo staff. With each dot you put into it, it will give you either access to a Purview, or you can increase its damage/switch damage type to lethal. Just depends on what you want to focus on. Since you have the Sky Purview, you'll need a Birthright to be able to use it, so that is one point there.

Sorry that I didn't see this one post earlier.

You can start out with the piece of the bo staff without a problem. Without any points put into it, it will have the same stats as the mundane bo staff. With each dot you put into it, it will give you either access to a Purview, or you can increase its damage/switch damage type to lethal. Just depends on what you want to focus on. Since you have the Sky Purview, you'll need a Birthright to be able to use it, so that is one point there.
The things I want to focus on, would be its shapeshifting abilities and switch it to lethal. As well as it being mentioned of it being indestructible.

I think its abilities to shrink and grow could be really fun to play with. While I would also like to increase its stats, if I only have three points to use I wont have that many to take advantage of that too.

The staff of legend was able to lengthen itself or even shorten itself to the size of a toothpick. Could even change its width and weight.

Think it would be pretty fun to have it grow to the size of a telephone pole. And using the uplifting might knack, use it to grand slam a titanspawn across the city. Or use its length to get to far places.

Would I be able to put points into the relic as I play to increase what the staff can do?

I have a question about my Geas. At the moment, I have it set up as a Token Geas to grant me extra dice to my Melee roll. If I take a second, could I upgrade it to the Potent one to get the auto successes instead?

The things I want to focus on, would be its shapeshifting abilities and switch it to lethal. As well as it being mentioned of it being indestructible.

I think its abilities to shrink and grow could be really fun to play with. While I would also like to increase its stats, if I only have three points to use I wont have that many to take advantage of that too.

The staff of legend was able to lengthen itself or even shorten itself to the size of a toothpick. Could even change its width and weight.

Think it would be pretty fun to have it grow to the size of a telephone pole. And using the uplifting might knack, use it to grand slam a titanspawn across the city. Or use its length to get to far places.

Would I be able to put points into the relic as I play to increase what the staff can do?
I will give you one point to change the size up and down, and another to give you the switch to lethal damage instead of bashing. One more and you get the Sky Purview, and as a piece of the epic bo staff, it will be indestructible to anything short of another epic weapon or someone with a higher Legend than you.
I have a question about my Geas. At the moment, I have it set up as a Token Geas to grant me extra dice to my Melee roll. If I take a second, could I upgrade it to the Potent one to get the auto successes instead?
I'll think on that. But yes, you can add a new Geas to get more powers/bonuses as you go along.

Also
I will give you one point to change the size up and down, and another to give you the switch to lethal damage instead of bashing. One more and you get the Sky Purview, and as a piece of the epic bo staff, it will be indestructible to anything short of another epic weapon or someone with a higher Legend than you.

I'll think on that. But yes, you can add a new Geas to get more powers/bonuses as you go along.
Would I be able to upgrade it by adding more dots to it? Signifying it maturing towards the properties of its parent relic.

Or is it halted at three dots?

You can upgrade it to a max of 5 dots. Each extra dot you put to it can add to the dice damage, accuracy, defense or another Purview you can use it as a focus for.

You can upgrade it to a max of 5 dots. Each extra dot you put to it can add to the dice damage, accuracy, defense or another Purview you can use it as a focus for.
Cool beans!

Would it gain certain tags depending on its size a shape? And would I be able to change its weight?(or if the weight would change with its size)

Also! When getting flaws, do they give points to get merits, or is the credit from merits considered bonus points?

The staff might gain some tags depending on how large it gets. Its weight change is going to be more a case of special effect of how it can do so much damage on a hit.

You can get a max of 5 freebie points from Flaws. You can then use them to purchase Merits, subject to approval. Obviously, many of the Merits and Flaws will not be applicable to Scion character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back