• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Definition of Acquired Taste

justajerk

Hello!
Pretend I used fancy coding, pretty colors, pictures, and tons of information! I am better at writing a character than I am at introductions. Compared to both, computers are not my strong suit. I am also exhausted after a long day so pardon my grammar here.

Allow me to present you the basics. I am back on this site after a really rocky hiatus. I have had a lot of bad health due to the pandemic. I'm back now with the same shitty ideas as ever. They are as follows, though I am open to hearing other ideas as well if you think our styles would mesh. They are mostly based on Fandom but alternate realities/stories. But first...

Word Bank
Romance, Angst, Drama, horror, Lgbt+( or m/f, either way) friendly modern magic, drug counseling

You
18+ and follow whatever rules the site says.

Me
Some side character action but not a fan of doubling.
Usually write as a male.
No triggers so please share yours so I don't cross lines.
I'm not a grammar nazi. I love good spelling as much as the next person but I have an addiction to run on sentences. Fight me.

Us
100-10,000 word replies. I mirror. Of course the three to six paragraph chunk will get you a reply a lot faster than a longer novella.
Ooc optional but appreciated. Truthfully I'm a bit boring in my personal life but I will talk to you for ages about plots or characters.
Rp over PMs preferably. Threads make me anxious!

So here are some of my ideas, in no particular order. They can ALL be tweaked to go anywhere or include any element my partner would like. If any of them interest you, let me know via PM. If not, shoot me your ideas!!

Char A is special. They have a super power that allows them to see lies as they're spoken. Char B isn't quite so special, but something keeps Char A from seeing their lies. The two are forced together for whatever reason. Assuming B is just an honest person, Char A investigates.

When a group of old college friends reunite over a long weekend for a funeral, old crushes and resentments shine light on their life choices. Ultimately friendships and relationships are pushed to the brink. What kind of old secrets will be uncovered and ultimately ruin the already somber event?

More in comments.

Last edited:
Character A is a young magic practitioner who was recently told they belonged to a long line of powerful witches/warlocks that had, over time and technology, suffered a diminishment in number.

After one particularly unpleasant exchange with (character B) the town’s spoiled misogynist, A sets out to cast a love spell, doubting it would work. It does, a little too well. They are stuck stuck with B following them around like a lost puppy. Innocent at first, but all good things eventually sour.

There’s a ton of different ways to go with it- the magic could even suck them into an AU we could build together, or work in reverse and pulls her into a reality where they’re a ‘happy couple.'

They could be ‘hunted’ after the surge of magic and end up on the run trying to protect character A from any number of supernatural beings. Anything to make you interested, really.

Really interested in the Dakota Skye plot rn too, PM me. We can take it literally any direction. Also sorry if we were talking and I disappeared I have had a rough time. Please kick me.

Last edited:
Hopeless Bump. Most active in the night time now. Sorry to anyone I haven't answered life hit me hard.

Whether you were picking up groceries for your families, stopping in to satisfy your munchies, or you were trying to pick up school supplies, you’re stuck now. The shopping center you were browsing lost power during a storm, and now you are trapped in. No one can break the glass. What will you do with your time?
I adore this idea, as long as you're still searching for partners.
I'm picturing our characters getting up to some unsupervised mischief as obviously cameras are down too with the power?

Wrote out some plot ideas in the middle of the night since that is when I'm most active. Please pm me if you have questions. Most are based on established Fandoms though I roleplay ocs mostly within the universes. Sorry in advance for the lack of creativity. It's not necessary that you're familiar with the source material either, of course! In fact I may prefer it. Helps us to world build! Not taking too many more people so slip in while you can. ;) I'm mostly active at night (these hours) so if you are too, bonus!

PLEASE NOTE THESE ARE MORE PLOTLINGS, AND I WILL ELABORATE UPON REQUEST.

Newly single stand up comic x club owner

Self explanatory. Don't have a whole lot of plot for this but I watched Marvelous Mrs. Maisel recently and I dig it. I don't really like using historical settings, this would be the only time you could talk me into it. And I would still rather make it modern, but that was what gave me the idea.

RUSSIAN DOLL?

Basically it would be two individuals stuck in a groundhogs day kind of loop and they both are destined to die. Can they figure out why and prevent it? For this I would love someone who would flesh out our characters and plot things specifically. Would love to do something long term!!

Resident Alien

I don't usually like sci fi roleplay but this swayed me. The plot is simple. An alien hellbent on destroying earth crash lands. His mission compromised, he assimilates the lifeforms of the planet and tries to track down a lost device. He meets another character, who can basically be whatever you want. I would totally even be down to just play a suspicious town person if you wanted to be the e.t.

Horror- I wouldn't say no to an AU Chucky world where our characters are attacked by Charles Lee Ray, or an au Scream roleplay with AUs entirely. Ideally both of us would agree to take over the main third party for certain parts, and our mains can bond as survivors.

Though I doubt anyone is still reading, trigger warning

Wristcutters

Our characters both "died" (in the source media they're both specifically self inflicted deaths.) They end up unconscious in the hospital. In their heads, though, they're in a very real world. People get jobs. It rains, albeit upwards. The afterlife is normal. But after hearing a heart monitor, one character decides to investigate. Things are obviously not what they seem!

So, I'm bumping this. I recently had a major health scare. Back now, but still not one hundred percent. I appreciate all my partner's patience as we get back into the swing of things, and since it looks like only one or two stuck around I figured I'd open the floor. I've got some very good partners I owe responses too so I may be a little picky. Then again probably not!!

So, I'm bumping this. I recently had a major health scare. Back now, but still not one hundred percent. I appreciate all my partner's patience as we get back into the swing of things, and since it looks like only one or two stuck around I figured I'd open the floor. I've got some very good partners I owe responses too so I may be a little picky. Then again probably not!!
I'm a very good partner!

Late night bump specifically to remind myself to write up a plot inspired by Little Shop of Horrors as I'm on a musical kick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back