• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Nation Building Dawn of Life [Always open to ALL]

Update: I have two exams tomorrow, so I won't be able to do the scheduled multi-vote today. Sorry everyone! :(

AlphaDraco said:
When you are smaller than everything else, what do you do? Become poisonous!
were gunna end up having an energy deficit again if we are not careful, we could simply have a stringer exo skelleton

Toxin is different from acid. Toxins are produced and held onto, and wont really degrade our membrane. Plus, we could start injecting toxins to kill larger prey, and if a target does eat is, they will get sick.

Last edited by a moderator:
AlphaDraco said:
Toxin is different from acid. Toxins are produced and held onto, and wont really degrade our membrane. Plus, we could start injecting toxins to kill larger prey, and if a target does eat is, they will get sick.
ah! Thank you. changing vote!

Hazeron said:
Behavioral Choices (Combine any Six):
Improve Musculature

Develop more efficient energy generation (mitochondria pls)

Adaptation Choices (Any TWO):

Protect young Rizan

Hunt all prey

Hunt with other Rizan

Seek potential mates

Stay away from predators

Stay near sunlight
Mitochondria are a separate cell inside the other cell, like a parasite, if it didn't was actually good for you. (it's why removing all of the Mitochondria doesn't make the cell make new ones, and why they have different DNA from the host cell)

ferociousfeind said:
Mitochondria are a separate cell inside the other cell, like a parasite, if it didn't was actually good for you. (it's why removing all of the Mitochondria doesn't make the cell make new ones, and why they have different DNA from the host cell)
Mitochondria are responsible for making energy. If we have more energy, our cell can perform more work, which is an evolutionary adaptation.

Well, we have a surplus of energy right now, so we should be focused on developing advantages to use in this new and more dangerous environment.

Hazeron said:
Mitochondria are responsible for making energy. If we have more energy, our cell can perform more work, which is an evolutionary adaptation.
@ferociousfeind @Hazeron

Just to clear up any confusion, the Rizan are not currently eligible for "mitochondria"- as @ferociousfeind said, in real life, the mitochondria is essentially a bacterial cell that was absorbed by one of our ancestor cells.

I won't comment on how you guys could acquire something similar to a "mitochondria," but I will say that it is obviously within the realm of possibilities. Just like every other adaptation available to you all, however, it is your choice.

Zetal said:
@ferociousfeind @Hazeron
Just to clear up any confusion, the Rizan are not currently eligible for "mitochondria"- as @ferociousfeind said, in real life, the mitochondria is essentially a bacterial cell that was absorbed by one of our ancestor cells.

I won't comment on how you guys could acquire something similar to a "mitochondria," but I will say that it is obviously within the realm of possibilities. Just like every other adaptation available to you all, however, it is your choice.
Ah, ok. Sorry 'bout that.

Hazeron said:
Ah, ok. Sorry 'bout that.
No need to apologize! Now you know something you might not have already known, and I think that's awesome. There's lots of things that lot's of people don't know- what's important is the ability to learn.

By the by, if you're curious about mitochondria, I highly recommend this fascinating piece.

Zetal said:
No need to apologize! Now you know something you might not have already known, and I think that's awesome. There's lots of things that lot's of people don't know- what's important is the ability to learn.
By the by, if you're curious about mitochondria, I highly recommend this fascinating piece.
Alright, thanks. I've learned about how mitochondria were absorbed in science class a week ago, but I thought we could just grab one.

Hazeron said:
Alright, thanks. I've learned about how mitochondria were absorbed in science class a week ago, but I thought we could just grab one.
yeah you just buy them at Cells-R-Us

Quick 5 min check in, I have 2 interviews today, so I could'nt update yesterday. Expect update tonight ad tomorrow

If we develop spikes all over us, would that not slow us down? Right now, we should focus on speed and out maneuvering the larger creatures.

@Bobisdead123

AlphaDraco said:
If we develop spikes all over us, would that not slow us down? Right now, we should focus on speed and out maneuvering the larger creatures.
@Bobisdead123
we can increase speed latter. Lets kill our predators first

Users who are viewing this thread

Back