• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Nation Building Dawn of Life [Always open to ALL]

That's what I posted. The increased Vascularization will also allow it to travel throughout the body more efficiently.

Salt helps immensely with that, we should start gathering salt, or collecting Chlorine and Sodium to manufacture it

We are in an ocean right now. The last thing we need is more salt. Right now we just need to develop that anti-freeze protein. Then we can start thinking of building a calcium skeleton

AlphaDraco said:
We are in an ocean right now. The last thing we need is more salt. Right now we just need to develop that anti-freeze protein. Then we can start thinking of building a calcium skeleton
Yes I was gunna suggest a skeleton, a backbone for a nervous system too!

Bobisdead123 said:
Yes I was gunna suggest a skeleton, a backbone for a nervous system too!
Well, the skeleton would best serve as anchor points that allow our muscles to use them as pivots and levers.

But at the moment, we need to make ourselves aware of the predator when it approaches, and more able to respond to it. All these things are fine and dandy, but our population is dropping directly because of this predator.

SirDerpingtonIV said:
But at the moment, we need to make ourselves aware of the predator when it approaches, and more able to respond to it. All these things are fine and dandy, but our population is dropping directly because of this predator.
Of course, which is why we are increasing Vascularization and developing these proteins. The increased Vascularization will allow us to get nutrients and gases to our muscles more efficiently, while the protein will allow us to worry less about any problematic heat problems.

SirDerpingtonIV said:
our behavioral changes will help steady it.

I say after this we increase our speed and toxins to help fight the predator

@AlphaDraco

I feel like adding the protection of females into the behavior is not needed. As of yet, we have made no changes to differentiate between male and female, so presumably, it's the same exact thing but with different sexual organs. It feels a bit needless to me, and like we could be using the behavior points for something else.

SirDerpingtonIV said:
@AlphaDraco
I feel like adding the protection of females into the behavior is not needed. As of yet, we have made no changes to differentiate between male and female, so presumably, it's the same exact thing but with different sexual organs. It feels a bit needless to me, and like we could be using the behavior points for something else.
One male can impregnate 30 females, as eggs are less produced than sperm. So, males are less valuable than females.

AlphaDraco said:
One male can impregnate 30 females, as eggs are less produced than sperm. So, males are less valuable than females.
I should have mentioned this at some point so the fault is my own, but as of right now your means of reproduction is very basic, just the ejection of a single egg by a female, followed by insemination of the closest male. 'Birth' follows very quickly, leaving the young vulnerable but capable of movement almost immediately, following their instincts. I'll describe this more in the next post, since I really did forget until now.

Again, really sorry I didn't touch on this sooner. I'm unsure how or if at all this changes your original sentiment, but it's something to keep in mind.

I'm going to be postponing updates again. I know it's so soon after the last hiatus, but between starting work soon and how few voters we've had lately, I think it's best to give it a break for now, at least until I'm settled at work and I'll put up a poll or something to see if people still want to play when I come back.

Quick pulse-check. Who all is still here?

Terribly sorry for how long of a hiatus this all was, but I think I'm finally settled down at work, and I should have some time every so often to write the updates.

I made a very simple strawpoll: DO you want Dawn of Life to return?

Also if you vote yes, you don't HAVE to but I'd like it if you replied to the thread, just so I can see who's here!

Happy to be back. :D

I'd love Dawn of Life to return! I had so much fun reading through the updates, and watching the Rizan conquer everything in sight like a true Communist, I know that I had a part in helping this thing take over. :)

Zee Serious is here!(note:read this first sentence in a French accent)And glad to see you back.

Even though I didn't participate before the hiatus, I'm happy to be here now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back