• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Nation Building Dawn of Life [Always open to ALL]

AlphaDraco said:
Feathers act as insulation, though I'm more thinking of otters in the hair department.
kk. Would be better than blubber, adds not as much weight and helps us become streamlined

Last edited by a moderator:
I think we should prioritize with our hunting, or at least try to. Always hunt IN groups, but also hunt OTHER groups (of non-Rizan)

ferociousfeind said:
I think we should prioritize with our hunting, or at least try to. Always hunt IN groups, but also hunt OTHER groups (of non-Rizan)
HM we likely already do that

Also me and Draco believe that hairs rather than blubber would be better

Bobisdead123 said:
HM we likely already do that
Also me and Draco believe that hairs rather than blubber would be better
Blubber is really only good when a creature has a decently large size to it. We are pretty small right now, so hair would be more efficient.

AlphaDraco said:
Blubber is really only good when a creature has a decently large size to it. We are pretty small right now, so hair would be more efficient.
we are big in spirit!

Also we can think a little now! We will become sentient in a million years or so :D

Well, that's quite a lot. Right now we are multicellular with a shot in covering with fur. We have fins and a tail, a gastrovascular cavity, cerebellum, and toxins. You can check out @Zetal last post, as it shows all the other adaptations we have at the moment. Right now, the temperatures having been dropping across the planet, so we have been trying to improve our heat retention to prevent extinction.

@Bobisdead123

May I implore you to change your choices to mine? Counter-current exchange will allow our species to gain more oxygen from the water, thus making them able to move faster and become bigger. Increased vascularization will help this as well as increase our energy efficiency.

The actions will explain themselves, all working together to avoid the apex predators.

I'm going to be postponing todays update until tomorrow morning, in part because we haven't gotten many votes yet today and also because Draco wants to discuss it. Bob- you are currently the winning vote (ties are decided by "First come first serve") so if you want to override this decision to postpone the update, let me know and I'll treat your vote as the successful option.

Zetal said:
I'm going to be postponing todays update until tomorrow morning, in part because we haven't gotten many votes yet today and also because Draco wants to discuss it. Bob- you are currently the winning vote (ties are decided by "First come first serve") so if you want to override this decision to postpone the update, let me know and I'll treat your vote as the successful option.
I would but it would be distasteful. Give me and Alpha a day to debate and allow others to vote

AlphaDraco said:
@Bobisdead123
May I implore you to change your choices to mine? Counter-current exchange will allow our species to gain more oxygen from the water, thus making them able to move faster and become bigger. Increased vascularization will help this as well as increase our energy efficiency.

The actions will explain themselves, all working together to avoid the apex predators.
My actions explain themselves as well, but rather than run mine are geared towards aggressive attacks.

AlphaDraco said:
@Bobisdead123

To help with my proposed behaviors I believe our currently brittle frontal spikes should be strengthened so we can pierce tough animals armoring. This will help us hunt and keep us ahead of the curve.

I believe improving mind as always will help us in the long run but increasing speed will help with my proposed aggressive behaviors

Well, we really haven't upgraded our internal structures in a while, and it will be better in the long run if we improve these systems first so that we can become faster, larger, and have more complex organs. Plus, we should play the runaway game now. We need to use our speed to our advantage over these apex predators till we can build up enough of a offense to deal with them.

@AlphaDraco That's a good idea, to develop scouts around the group. Give me a minute while I concoct a good system...

Alphas: These are like Queen Bees, if they weren't mostly focused on reproducing, and made all the decisions.

Betas: These are the backup queens, so the group doesn't fall into disarray.

Guards: These, well, guard the Alphas and Betas.

Regulators: These seek out parasite-infected Rizan and order them to decompose, killing the parasites with the acid that the Rizan are mostly comprised of.

Hunters: These are the fighters, these go hunt prey for the rest of the group.

Communicators: If there is any important news, these travel to other groups and spread said news.

Border Patrol: These watch the immediate border, the group's second defence against predators.

Scouters: These travel and watch for predators in the group's proximity, the group's first line of defence

Attackers: Scouters turn into Attackers when there is a predator, to grab its attention away from the group.

How's this?

ferociousfeind said:
Hmmm... then we should up our intelligence.
Well, right now we need to improve our internal transport structures and such, so we can become more complex and more efficient.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back