• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Nation Building Dawn of Life [Always open to ALL]

It's great to see many familiar figurative 'faces'! And... even a couple new ones, which is always awesome! :D

In that case, I'm quite pleased to say that I'm prepared to end this hiatus! Does anyone actually want to vote on the (really really old) current update, or should I just go ahead and post the update whenever it's ready?

I'm planning on doing 'scheduled' updates on every Monday and Friday, with occasional "super-update" days thrown in, probably on Saturdays.

Does that sound good?

Zetal said:
It's great to see many familiar figurative 'faces'! And... even a couple new ones, which is always awesome! :D
In that case, I'm quite pleased to say that I'm prepared to end this hiatus! Does anyone actually want to vote on the (really really old) current update, or should I just go ahead and post the update whenever it's ready?

I'm planning on doing 'scheduled' updates on every Monday and Friday, with occasional "super-update" days thrown in, probably on Saturdays.

Does that sound good?
sound good!

And yeha just throw in an update

Alright guys, we have a species to guide!

So, the fact that are numbers are dropping isn't totally unexpected. There's too many of us, so many that the ecosystem cant sustain our numbers so our numbers will decline until equilibrium is reached. That being said, perhaps we should still somehow decrease the amount of energy we need/increase our efficiency so we can sustain a larger population.

So what do you say, Improve digestion efficiency and Increase photometabalism?

Better digestion would certainly help. Sounds like they need to urgently migrate to new feeding grounds. Or split up into smaller groups.

SpiralErrant said:
Better digestion would certainly help. Sounds like they need to urgently migrate to new feeding grounds. Or split up into smaller groups.
hm. THey would follow their prey so idk how to get them to move

perhaps smaller groups would work. We can put that in behavioral choices

I agree that we need to continue developing digestion and photometabolism, and we still can add more behavioral traits.

I also agree with developing photometabolism and digestion, it's sounds like we need to get more for what we can get.

As far as behavior goes...is it possible that we could do some sort of rationing? Or am I being dumb and that wouldn't help us.

Very sorry for the delayed update. I don't really have an excuse- I just forgot. I guess I've been out of habit for too long!

New update is up now, though!

That's fine Zetal, we all have those moments.

Anyway I think we should continue to develop Photometabalisom and either develop our acid to make it stronger, or harden those spikes

As far as behavior goes, I think we should switch out "When a scout senses a predator the group disperses and runs away." To "When a scout senses a predator the group huddles together with their chitinous spikes facing outward". That can probably do with some refinement but the general idea is to have them group together to form a shield wall sort of thing, instead of the whole splitting up thing which is currently being exploited.

I'd like to apalogize for my disappearance, life is an extreme jerk.

Unfortunately life ain't done yet, so I'm going to probably be very erratic as far as activity goes.

Oh and I decided to vote despite it being LONG overdue, just to make sure you guys didn't think I abandoned you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly this rp is very unique to me like spore but with more choice A.K.A. better

I've always wondered: how do you make updates? Do you have some sort of program that emulates an organism for some time, before you add some changes, etc.? Or do you have a degree in biochemistry? I need the deets, man! the deets!

ferociousfeind said:
I've always wondered: how do you make updates? Do you have some sort of program that emulates an organism for some time, before you add some changes, etc.? Or do you have a degree in biochemistry? I need the deets, man! the deets!
ya +1 its like real biology

ferociousfeind said:
I have a minor in biology, but primarily most of my knowledge comes from a personal interest. I would still like to use my programming skills to create an automated version of this as a browser game, where each species is a different player.

But I am still quite busy these days, and it seems for better or for worse demand is not particularly high for Dawn of Life at the moment, so while I think I am going to update this thread soon, I am going to drop the schedule in favor of updating whenever there are a reasonable amount of votes to continue.

I appreciate all of you, especially for your interest in a game like this. :)

Zetal said:
I have a minor in biology, but primarily most of my knowledge comes from a personal interest. I would still like to use my programming skills to create an automated version of this as a browser game, where each species is a different player.
But I am still quite busy these days, and it seems for better or for worse demand is not particularly high for Dawn of Life at the moment, so while I think I am going to update this thread soon, I am going to drop the schedule in favor of updating whenever there are a reasonable amount of votes to continue.

I appreciate all of you, especially for your interest in a game like this. :)
Ya that game idea seems like a great idea (well to me at least) very unique as well as the closest thing I can think of to that is an online browser game called cellcraft or as mentioned Maxis's Spore.

I say we increase photosynthesis and grow lungs/legs. We need to get to land there the sun is warmer and we might find food there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back