• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Nation Building Dawn of Life [Always open to ALL]

Zetal said:
@Bobisdead123
Not a big deal in this case, but since I'm probably going to keep the "Custom" vote system, try to phrase adaptations in a biological context- so in this case, increasing the acid "potency" but if you really wanted to be more accurate you would probably say the acids "acidity" but that just sounds silly, so who knows! Anyways, just wanted to mention it since "damage" sounds really gamey.
I honestly didn't know a better word lol

We do not need more potent acid. That will be way too much of an energy expenditure. Last time it nearly kills us.

We need to combat the predators. We either upgrade our defenses, upgrade our attack or become fast enough to run away. Prey on the predators would give us more energy than we have now

Congrats on officially reaching Multicellular status! As a perk for you guys that actually read the discussion, you can select another adaptation for this update on top of the normal one!

We do not need a thicker chitin membrane. It will delay reproduction and consume too much energy. We need to focus on forming a more efficient way to transport nutrients and sexual reproduction, which would give us greater genetic diversity and more choices of adaptation.

Faster propulsion will allow us to chase after prey more efficiently, while producing digestive enzymes will allow a more efficient metabolism

I didn't know what to put so that's good with me.

I personally think chitin would be good but that can be put off for now

Chitin requires too much energy to produce, which would increase the time it takes for the Rizan to reproduce.

AlphaDraco said:
Chitin requires too much energy to produce, which would increase the time it takes for the Rizan to reproduce.
well, our population and energy has boomed. Lets take advantage of this and increase our sight and intelligence. Sight just because why not, we will need it eventually and brains because I want to be sentient some day

Well, it would be nice to further develop touch, that way we can tell if we are in pain or not. Then cilia would allow us to better catch prey.

Guys, what we need to do is develop an epidermal layer that maximizes chitin production, that way, only the outer membrane needs to produce it in order to protect us.

@Hazeron

Last edited by a moderator:
AlphaDraco said:
Awe. Thanks. Plus, after this one, we could form scaled chitin.
exactly what I was thinking, posted your thoughts before me so gg.

and derp, I tried upgrading out acid... Almost killed us so I denatured it and this we have tons of energy to use

@ferociousfeind

In case you didn't know, you can click the "Out of Character" button at the top of the main thread to check out the discussion area, and let everyone know what you have in mind! :)

The more the merrier, right?

Okay, we need to talk about the next change. One thing I know we need for sure is a better mind. We are straining how much we can do as it is. The next thing is open for talk.

We could develop basic musculature, which would increase speed and manuevarability. Or we could improve our digestion. Perhaps we can make an area designed to store nutrients for later, especially since we seem to be going into an ice age. Or perhaps we can change the color along the back of our creature to black, so it will absorb more of the sun's rays.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back