• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Nation Building Dawn of Life [Always open to ALL]

Better mobility or even better photo would be best right now. We barely have enough food so we need more energy

A better flagella would allow us to catch all our prey

photo would give us more energy from the sun

but we have done enough photo for now

AlphaDraco said:
Perhaps it is something with the water and we need touch?
Not sure touch would help.

As far as I can tell our problem is that our prey is leaving the area.

Perhaps better photo would allow us to be energy efficient enough to survive this likely temporary occurrence.

The Rizan are running out of food sources. They must go for larger predators. We should develop them so they start to work together and just shoot down larger prey with their acid.

the issue I have with the continuing development of behavioural complexity is the fact that it doesn't give us extended thought processes like more ideas for evolution

I agree with shadow's point, eta would be of much use to the Rizon. if they are taking chunks out of larger prey by their self than imagine what a group could do? although we would need to up the defense substantially as well to avoid the issue of mass prey.

Reminder for everyone that the current behavioral complexity allows each voter to select THREE behaviors. It isn't necessarily required, but it makes my job easier, so I'd encourage it nonetheless.

shyguy the RP addict] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/21922-zetal/ said:
@Zetal[/URL]
understandable, sometimes though i'm sure people feel that there aren't three good behaviors to pick.
He has given us tons of options. Many of which could be useful to us. Those people obviously don't care, or don't get it or something

Bobisdead123 said:
He has given us tons of options. Many of which could be useful to us. Those people obviously don't care, or don't get it or something
Keyword:could

They could be lots of things including bad... this isn't some A to B story-line.

Okay, why don't we not do A right now. Nutrient pores honestly seem like areally good idea. Or perhaps we can give ourselves a stronger cytoskeleton membrane for manuverability. Or we could develop a thin layer of cilia.

Well, we are highly acidic and have a good layer of chitin. I believe speed, manuverability and nutrient aqcuisition is what we need to become an efficient predator.

I agree with doing nutrient pores. we will need the extra energy if we wish to become more complex

Nutrient pores is a good idea. As we learned before, chitin is expensive as fuck for the Rizan to maintain, and more would not be good.

Guys so forget to add Eplison as a behavior choice, we need to stay near the sun to take advantage of our photometablism and the food there

I've been considering switching the Behavioral votes to something a little more 'user-generated'. Right now, the current system works.. decently. Before, when things were simple, it worked fine, but simply put the fact that the list is as long as it is already and there are a ton of actions that aren't even included, I figure I might want to switch from a multiple-choice style choice, to a 'short answer' or command-line style format, where you guys can still only use 3 behaviors, but you can pick and choose what they are within obvious limits, and any votes that go against the sort of "honor rule" style this system requires would simply be ignored. This makes this a little more awkward however, as without finite things to vote on, ties would become more and more common. I'm interested to hear what you guys think.

Thanks!

@Bobisdead123

Not a big deal in this case, but since I'm probably going to keep the "Custom" vote system, try to phrase adaptations in a biological context- so in this case, increasing the acid "potency" but if you really wanted to be more accurate you would probably say the acids "acidity" but that just sounds silly, so who knows! Anyways, just wanted to mention it since "damage" sounds really gamey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back