• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Dark Fantasy RP idea - no title yet

Bunesh

Filled with DETERMINATION
alright so let's get right into it, the idea is inspired by multiple sources across a variety of genres (Dark Souls, Berserk, Riddick, Rise of the Shield Hero just to name a few,) taking place in a world with low - but powerful - magic. Due to the rarity of magic, the stigma surrounding it, religious persecution and the lack of study, magic is at best, poorly understood. However, the world has no shortage of unnatural, evil creatures, believed to be created by angry spirits, ghosts, demons and of course, magic. In this land, two specific kingdoms have teetered on war for a long time, only held back by the fact that the kings were childhood friends, and are seeking to undo decades of distrust and aggression on both sides.

To help strengthen this, they decide to wed their children, but the prince and princess despise each other, in part because in this secular society the princess is very gay and very in the closet, while the conservative prince is disgusted by this. When the Prince threatens to reveal her sexuality to the families - knowing the disgrace it would cause - she acts, poisoning his drink at the feast.

Except it wasn't his drink.

She poisoned the wrong one and killed her own mother by accident, which sets dominos falling until it ends in war, violence and bloodshed on both sides from a grieving husband and a former best friend who has nothing but platitudes.

When it is revealed that the Princess was actually the culprit, her enraged father declares that since she started this war, she shall finish it, and so is handed over to the secretive royal magi for magical experimentation.

A few years later, she resurfaces on the battlefield, under the command of her unexpecting sibling.

---

Okay, so I'd be playing the disgraced princess, while my partner would be playing her elder sibling - the heir to the crown. Whether they're male or female is up to my partner, I can work with both. Any other characters would be shared between us, with both of us writing what they say/do to fit the post.

The story is very open-ended, as only the back story (written above) is really set in stone, but even then, there is a lot of wiggle room or changes that could be made.

PM me if you're interested, or if you want to see me write the first post - to get an idea for my writing style - just comment below and say as such.

Hmm.. interesting. I am interested in your rp. And I am more then willing to enjoy a one on one rp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back