• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Cursed Island

Nidia blinked again. She really didn’t like how appealing that sounded at the moment. She cleared her throat and looked at Jalin. “We can split the price. That neither of us has to spend quite so much.”

“I will need to make sure it all fits.”

Emilia spoke up. “Oh, I have her measurements.” She took a moment to write them down, apparently having memorized them for some reason.

"That is doable," Jalin frowned as he counted out the coins, "You need help, old man." He shook his head and tossed down a bag onto the counter.

Siege didn't question Emilia knowing the measurements, it would make things easier later, actually. "Can we come back in a while to pick it up?", she asked the psychic seamstress.

Nidia counted out her half of the coins and set it with Jalin's. "Sorry, we just don't have the time." And she really, really didn't want to, though she was too polite to say that to the man's face.

Silver gave a nodded as she looked the measurements over. "Sure thing. Come back in an hour and it should be ready."

The old rabbit sighed and took the coins, counting them by hand since he couldn't hardly see without his spectacles to count them visually. "Alright, go on," he shooed them away as Jalin picked up the two jars, "Nidia, I need your eyes."

Siege nodded and turned to leave the shop. "That seemed way less complicated than i thought," she noted once they were out, "Why does you mom make it so weird?"

Nidia nodded. "Right." She took the lead to guide Jalin out of the shop.

"Mom had to measure you herself. Your reaction to that is what made it weird."

As they left the shop and headed back to the others, Jalin posed a question. "How often are you faced with harassment?"

"Your mom keeps touching things she shouldn't be!", Siege protested, "Why did she think I needed a bow on my tail?!"

"As a pretty girl working at a tavern, at least once a day, it seems. Sometimes more when we're busy."

Emilia smiled. "Oh, a tail bow would make you look so cute!"

"Hmm," Jalin thought for a bit, "If I constructed a small creature to serve as a deterrent, would you feed it?"

"I know! And that's what pisses me off!" Among everything else about Erina's clothing store.

"That depends on the creature... Honestly, I'm used to dealing with people by now, so it doesn't bother me much."

"Aww, you don't want to look cute?"

"It's unreasonable that you should have to desensitize yourself to unwanted advances," Jalin shook his head, "The ability to fend them off should be just as important as your ability to tolerate them."

"That's not it..." Siege sighed, why was it easier to talk with a weapon than it was with words? "I'm always busy, no point in cute unless I'm trying to impress."

"Normally I can just brush it off and walk away, but if they get too close, I do know how to dislocate an arm."

"Well, what matters most is that you look the way you want to look. Not the way other people want you to look."

"Hmm," Jalin was quiet again until they got back to the others, "Katsuo, can you open the bag, please?"

"Emilia, it's not that simple, just drop it."

Katsuo nodded and complied, opening up the bag of holding for Jalin and making sure he could find it.

"Well, alright. Shall we go back to the others then?"

Jalin deposited the jars of... whatever those mixes were made of, into the bag of holding with the rest of their supplies. "Thank you, Katsuo."

"So we are just waiting for the girls?", Turac asked.

"Yeah," Siege sighed and started walking, coming up to the group right as Turac asked his question. "Hey, right here!"

Roy looked over at Siege and Emilia as they approached. "There you are. Finished your business?"

Emilia shook her head. "Almost. We need to check back in an hour."

"What were you after?", Turac asked.

"Mana source," Siege replied.

Jalin raised an eyebrow at that. "Did you even read the book Roy gave you?"

"I've been busy!"

Roy shrugged. "Having an external mana source will make it easier to practice control without having to take so many breaks, at least. Just be careful about relying too heavily on it."

"That's what I paid for," Siege grumbled, looking away.

"Anyway," Turac clapped, "Roy and I have secured a map and food for a few weeks of travel. What else is needed for a long journey?"

Nidia shrugged. "Aside from transport and entertainment, I can't think of anything else." She looked to Siege. "Oh, And I did find a solution for my heat. It won't end it, but it will suppress it."

“We got a whole jar of it, and one dose is just a tiny bit. It’s an herb mix, but he wouldn’t tell us what herbs. Hopefully we can figure it out and prepare more.”

Roy glanced around himself. “Perhaps. I don’t really know there is to pass the time in a city, aside from library.”

"You might check the adventurer's guild," Turac offered, "From what mom used to tell us when we were little, there's all kinds of small jobs that can be done quickly, but pay well."

"While you guys are doing that," Jalin said, "May I borrow someone's amulet? I want to check in on our airstone."

Nidia was holding her amulet out to Jalin before he even finished explaining why. He could almost feel her cheeky grin. “Here you go.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back