• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Cursed Island

"No, Shuffle's seen it, mom and aunt Raine helped me built it, dad taught me to protect it."

"In either case, who I sleep with remains between myself and the woman in question."

"Ah. It must be an impressive sight."

"Alright, alright. I'll make it up to you by telling you all about when I find someone special to sleep with."

"I suppose," Turac shrugged, "I'm not really sure why dragons collect gold, it just feels right." He smiled at Nidia, "I hear your group is dealing with financial difficulties."

"That is unnecessary."

"Ah, yeah... All our parents set us up with some spending money, and we compiled that to get a good bit. But the bank stuff drained almost all of it.. So now we-" Nidia paused before looking over at Emilia. "Emilia, didn't your dad say he'd send you more money if you needed it?"

Emilia was about to insist before Nidia called out to her, causing her to look over. "....Oh, yeah! He did!"

"Bank stuff?", Turac raised an eyebrow, "You trust those?" He shook his head, "I am a dragon turtle, I carry a portion of my hoard with me wherever I go, if you need money, ask."

"Don't you dare puke up a bar of gold right now," Siege warned.

Nidia looked at Turac and shrugged. "We didn't have too much choice. We really just wanted to exchange our money, but it got complicated fast. Or so I'm told. I was making potions when the others went, so I missed part of it."

"Hmm," Turac sighed, "There is a bank in the town near mother and father's home. They have been trying to convince my parents to open accounts since I was small, so the king could properly tax them." Turac shook his head, "They don't know how much is within mother's hoard, or any of the dragons on our land," as far as Turac was concerned, Raine and Shuffle were dragons, even if they weren't trueblooded. "But they know they want a piece of it. For every copper you gain, the government wants two."

"Well that didn't go like I wanted," Sinach grumbled now that Jalin had fallen silent again, "It's like talking to a brick wall, he doesn't even show emotion!"

"Yeah, this bank didn't seem entirely honest either. But Emilia was the one to check the contracts, and she said it was all fine."

Emilia looked at Sinach. "He's really good at that."

"I don't hold stock in contracts," to Turac, if you can't uphold an agreement without a million miles of red string between you and the thing you weren't supposed to do, there was no point in doing anything with you. He ate people that tried that with him.

"It's so boring," Sinach muttered, "What's the point of drama if there's no dramatic reactions?" If someone could get anything other than a deadpan expression out of Jalin, Sinach would be impressed.

Nidia shrugged. "Hard to avoid them when you're dealing with large amounts of money."

"Well, you did choose the second least reactive person in the group. You'd probably get better responses from the others, if you had something to use."

"Humanoids lead strange lives."

"But that's no fun!", Sinach complained, "Siege and Roy are too easy to rile up, and Nidia's... Nidia."

"She's too expressive," Sinach's paper claws tapped on Emilia's carapace as he tried to figure out how to phrase what he meant, "She wears it on her sleeve. You've seen her get onto Jalin for not being expressive enough."

"Mm, true. I don't think she could hide how she feels if she tried. Her ears and tail would give her away for sure."

Emilia looked over as well. "That much, I don't know. I've only ever heard a little bit about him from the twins."

"Hmm..."

"Alright, Roy, start talking," Siege was getting bored, "Do you even have an inkling of where the rest of the dragon rocks would be?" Sal had one, apparently the Elyon capital had one, so that just left the other seven. "I'm not spending six months in an inn waiting for you to find leads."

Roy glanced over. "Well, there might be a pattern. The Dragonstone of Wind was in the hands of a sailor, who relies on the wind. The one in the capital sounds like it could be the one for water, and this is a coastal region. The others could similarly be drawn to their elements. Nature in a forest, fire near a volcano, earth on a mountain."

"So no clue whatsoever," what a great lead that was, in a region related to an element. Continents were massive! They could be anywhere with that description!"

"Look, if I had one of them, I could probably get a feel for the sort of power it has and potentially track the rest. But I don't, so I have to find other leads. The city we're going to should have a library. I'll do some research while we're there."

"We're getting a wagon and horses, ASAP," Siege decided, seeing as they'd potentially be circumnavigating the entire damn continent.

"Walking is tiresome," Turac agreed, "But I'm finding it less so with a humanoid body."

"It is still early in the day," Jalin shook his head, "We have a great deal of road ahead of us."

"If we come to an aquatic route, I will be able to help," Turac offered. "I am much faster in the water than I am on land."

Roy looked over at Turac. "Thanks. That'll be much appreciated." He pulled out his map to check it. "Hm...doesn't look like there's any rivers on the way to Elyon city though."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back