• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Cursed Island

"And you did not take it?", Turac asked.

"Jalin negotiated," Sinach giggled as the last of the notes paper vanished.

"Hmm," Jalin decided to take the opportunity to douse the fire and go around and help clean up the campsite.

Roy nodded. "The details of that negotiating are...missing, and it took a whole night, but we at least know we'll be able to use that stone once we have the rest."

"It doesn't matter how I did it, the point is that it got done," Jalin said as he passed by with his bed bundle to put it in his and Katsuo's bag of holding.

"And you've got a shark for a-" Jalin interrupted Sinach by pinning his head shut against the ground with his cane.

"We have already had this discussion."

Turac raised an eyebrow, "Are you sure that he is a good fit for your party?", he asked Roy in Draconic.

"The blood mage, and if that is a dragon I am an overgrown river turtle."

"Good," Jalin took his cane off of Sinach's head once he stop growling, and went about his business.

"Can I go a day without getting creased?", Sinach demanded as he tried to refold his face properly.

"Jalin has skills that can be useful to us, even if his personality leaves something be desired. And, should we actually acquire the next stone, he can prove he's a dragon. Only dragons or those of dragonblood can use them."

Emilia looked over at Sinach. "You usually get creased because you were talking too much. Or saying the wrong things, at least."

Turac rolled his eyes, "He better be pulling his weight if you allow that hostility."

"You barely talk, you don't get an opinion on saying things," Sinach grumbled.

"He has so far. If it becomes an issue, I'll mention it."

"I also don't get my mouth forcibly closed."

"I will be watching," Turac shook his head, "How close are we to leaving?"

"Just a bit," Siege shrugged, "If your hungry, get some cheese."

"I can make that happen!", Sinach barked.

"You could not forcibly close a cabinet," Jalin chuckled, "Emilia, do you need help with summonning?"

Emilia shook her head as she found a good spot. "Nope, I got it. Thanks though." She leaned down and started carving the circle into the dirt. This was much bigger than the circles she carried on her clothes, big enough she could stand with all eight legs inside it.

"As you wish," Jalin stepped away to go wait with Katsuo. He was feeling a bit restless, "It's been some time since we have had a proper sparring match," he said to Katsuo after a bit.

Katsuo looked at him. “It has. I would not mind brushing up on tactics against a faster opponent.”

"Then when we have an opportunity, we should engage," Jalin nodded. "I'm sorry I referred to you as my servant, yesterday. I didn't want you to be discovered."

Jalin smiled, "You're welcome."

"What are we waiting for, again?", Siege asked, looking around the camp and seeing everything packed away already, except for Emilia and her summoning circle.

"This!" Emilia stepped back from the circle as she spoke, raising her hands calling for the flames for the summon. The circle glowed before a large, blueish-purple flames appeared above it. From the flame stepped a horse, or rather the bones of a horse, blackened as if they'd been scorched. More of the strange flames flowed among the bones to fill out the figure of the horse, and they also served to form the horse's mane and tail.

"Whoa," Siege jumped back as the horse appeared, "The hell is that?"

"It looks like uncle Adran's nightmare," Turac cocked his head, "Somewhat, anyway."

"Nope," Sinach darted off to hide behind Roy when fire started burning.

Emilia giggled. "This is Arva. I learned to summon them a while back before realizing I can't ride horses. Anyone who needs to rest their feet can ride Arva for a bit. And don't worry, the fire doesn't burn." She reached up to stroke the flaming mane to prove her point. "Oh, I couldn't figure out anything with saddles though, so um, good luck with that."

"You don't really need a saddle for a horse, anyway, that's more for comfort." Siege squinted at the bony body beneath the flames, "That thing's really made of fire, huh?"

"Hmm," Jalin nodded as he got a general idea of the thing's shape through sound and other inputs, "Impressive." He twirled his cane and turned back towards the road, "You may want to dismiss Arva when we approach towns, however."

Emilia nodded. "Yep. Most people don't like to see bones walking about." She headed on to the road, Arva followed after her. Roy, Nidia, and Katsuo likewise started heading on.

As the group headed on, the sun slowly rose in the sky. "This seemed so much faster in mom and dad's stories," Siege grumbled after a while of walking with no signs of civilization appearing.

Roy glanced over. "Mom and Dad's stories took place inside ruins. It wasn't so open."

As they walked, Nidia came up beside Turac, hands behind her back as she looked up at him. "...we haven't ever met before, have we?"

Turac looked down and raised an eyebrow, "I do not believe we have, I make an effort to discourage people from coming near my lake."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back