• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Cursed Island

"It's already dark," Siege groaned. Even though she and Roy could see perfectly in most conditions, dark was supposed to mean sleep time. Like any cat, or rather just like her mom, depending on who you asked, sleep was important to Siege.

Roy glanced around. “We can just shift over so we’re not in all this mess. Hopefully the chill will keep these bodies from stinking too soon.”

There was some grumbling as the party pried their belongings from where they'd been frozen. Fortunately sleeping rolls hadn't been soaked from the melted ice and steam, but they had to build a new campfire.

"So, since apparently there's bandits in the woods," Siege said, "Who wants to-"

"I will keep watch," Turac said, reaching up to his ears, where the horn band had turned into a piercing, to assume dragon form again. "Only a fool attacks a dragon."

Katsuo spoke up. "I don't sleep, so I always keep watch as well."

Roy gave a nod as he set out his sleeping bag again. "Good to know."

"Alright," Siege shrugged and unrolled her mat to lay back down. "Goodnight."

"Sleep well," Jalin settled down on a sleepingn roll with his cane nearby.

The night was fairly uneventful, with a dragon turtle nearby and the failed attack on the party, the local bandits were definitely not going to be attacking again tonight. Morning came, and Roy was woken to the sound of Sinach going through his bag. Having not eaten since before they got off of the ship, the paper dragon was starving.

Roy woke up a bit slowly, until he realized what he was hearing, at which point he quickly sat up and snatched the bag to dig Sinach out.

When he got Sinach out, the tiny paper construct had one of Roy's packet of notes on alchemical magic in his mouth, already half destroyed with his inky drool spattered over the remains.

After swallowing a shred of paper, Sinach ruffled his folds and replied, "Your Cat Girl Monthly magazines, what do think? I'm hungry, not a prick, I haven't eaten in two days."

Roy sighed. "You should have said something and I would have given you the scrolls that I keep specifically for you. Now you're going to have to help me rewrite those notes."

Roy sighed. "We'll deal with the notes when we have time later." He glanced up to see about what time it was.

Jalin woke easily, getting up and stretching before he picked up his cane and hooked his satchel to pick it up. "We're leaving soon, right?", he asked as he looked through his bag for the vial containing his better eye stones. Since they weren't in a loud and heavily stimulating city, he could use his good stones.

Siege was easier than she usually was to wake up, sleeping on the ground with rocks and sticks poking her no matter how many times she checked and was positive there were none there to stick her with.

"Good morning," Turac said as the group woke up.

Emilia was a bit harder to wake and Nidia was the harest, somehow able to get comfortable just about anywhere. He managed to get them up and moving though before looking over at Turac. "Good morning. And yes, Jalin, we'll be heading on to the capital, which for some reason shares the name of the kingdom, Elyon."

"Mmm," Jalin nodded as he put his stones in and put his blindfold back on. "Then we had best get moving."

"Shut up," Siege grumbled, "Wait for ten minutes before you start the adventure again."

"Hmm," Turac reached around for his horn band again to help the party pack up, "I hope you don't intend to walk the entire way?" Walking was such a pain compared to swimming for the turtle.

Nidia nodded. "Let's at least eat something a wake up fully before we get moving..."

Roy looked at Turac. "Exchanging currencies turned out to be far more expensive than planned. We couldn't afford mounts or a wagon, or even a room safely inside the city. Not without running our money down dangerously low."

Emilia looked over. "I could probably summon something."

Turac looked pretty surprised, "Why didn't you say anything? I brought gold."

"What manner of creature can you summon that would fill that need?", Jalin asked Emilia.

"We didn't know you were following us until last night, and that was after everything else had happened."

"I can summon a horse, of sorts. It won't carry everyone, but those who need to can take turns riding and resting their feet."

Turac sighed, "I suppose that's fair. If I had been able to catch up, I would have helped sooner. That ship was fast," he scratched back of his head and looked around the party, "How was that vessel so fast?"

"Hmm," Jalin nodded, "I have my own way of producing creatures, but it is not so refined as fiend summoning."

"The captain has the Dragonstone of Wind. She use it to give the ship a near constant tailwind."

Emilia started digging in her pack for her own personal food supply. "I'll make the summoning circle after I eat."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back