• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Cursed Island

"Hmm," Turac looked Nidia over, "You sure don't look like it."

"She's adopted!", Siege called across the party.

"Oh." Turac frowned, he was adopted too, but his adoptive mother was draconic. "Sorry." He stuck out his hand, "Turac."

Nidia smiled as she shook his hand. “It’s fine. Not the first time that’s happened, trust me.”

"All the same," Turac gave a shrug, "I'm used to family members appearing similar." Siege and Roy were visually related to Asta's chimerism. Turac was a dragon, like how Jerry was a blue draconic Shade. Emilia was a half elf arachne, as one would expect from a union between an elf and an arachne. Emil and Veo were a bat and a minotaur, while Nidia was a cat. "... Was there something you needed?" Smalltalk wasn't Turac's strongsuit, it seemed.

"Hmm." Turac thought for a moment, "What do you know of the dragonstones?" They were the subject of the adventure, might as well talk about it.

As the walk wore on, Sinach started to get restless on Roy's shoulder, and looked around the group for something to do. "Hmm," a smile crossed his leathery book cover face as his vision crossed Jalin, walking and tapping with his cane to make sounds for echolocation and seismic vibrations. The paper dragon fluttered off of Roy's shoulders to go to Emilia, knowing from earlier she found the subject of his amusement amusing. "Jalin."

"Yes?", Jalin turned his head to face Sinach and Emilia.

"Just how exactly did you negotiate with captain Sal?"

“Only what Roy’s told us. They’re very powerful artifacts made by elemental gods, and only dragons can use them. I haven’t heard any songs about them either. I guess it is kinda hard to write Dragonstone into a song.”

Emilia glanced at Sinach before looking at Jalin. “Oh, yeah. She didn’t seem the type to just agree to share her treasures like that.”

"It does seem like a strange word to make rhyme," Turac nodded, "And he does not know where any of them are, either."

"Well, you are right," Jalin nodded, "She did not just agree to share her treasures. It took most of the night to get to that point"

"And how'd you get there?", Sinach asked.

"Careful application of force."

“Eh, yeah. I think he got excited. But, I mean, I got excited too when I heard about it.”

Emilia giggled. “Oh, is that what you did? She didn’t seem begrudging, so she must have enjoyed your ‘application of force.’”

"Yes, but... normally it is Siege that jumps into things unprepared."

"You are trying to rile me up, aren't you?"

"Is it working?", Sinach grinned.

"No."

“Roy seems to really like magic things. This is a really big magic thing, or several of them, so I guess it peaked his interest.”

“I’m not trying to rile you up, I just want to know the juicy details.”

"Mother did teach him that magic might was better than physical might." Turac glanced over at Roy and shook his head, "When we were small, I always used to wonder if perhaps the fates had put Roy in the wrong body."

"I do not take advantage of heavily wasted women."

Nidia tilted her head. "What do you mean?"

"Perhaps. But it's not taking advantage if it was her idea."

"Well," Turac nodded at Siege, "My sister is tough, ferocious, and strong. She is well suited to surviving this world and protecting her nest and young. Roy is... not." Turac sighed, "It is a general lack of physical ability I might expect of a human woman, but not a billy goat, and especially not a goat of draconic lineage." Not that such a creature actually existed in nature, anyway.

"If Sal has any future intentions, then I shall deal with them then."

"You didn't call her 'captain'," Sinach chided, "You must have gotten awful close to ignore her title!"

“Ah... Well, I’m sure he has his on strengths. Even if strength isn’t one of them. Bastet sure seems to like him.”

Emilia grinned. “Titles don’t matter in bed.”

"Hmm, I don't know who that is."

"You're assuming a lot."

"He didn't deny it!", Sinach broke out laughing and rolled down Emilia's back onto her carapace, laughing.

“Ah, she’s my sister. Also adopted. She’s older than me, but she was adopted after I was. We met her during that desert excavation that Roy’s mom invited us to. She said she’s just grateful to Roy for saving her from his mom, but I think it’s more than just that.”

Emilia giggled again. “I’m not judging, by the way. If anything I’m happy for you.” She paused. “Oh, I heard sharks have really rough skin. Does she?”

"Hmm," Turac looked at Roy, then at Nidia, "I was not at that expedition." He was digging out his, at the time, pond. As he got bigger it became a lake. If he kept growing, which he probably would, since dragons were functionally immortal and grew throughout their entire lives, his lake may become a sea. "Mom can be quite terrifying when she's angry." He remembered when he had his first, usuccessful run in with bandits on his lake. A dragon turtle wyrmling with his tiny hoard made an easy target. Jerry and Asta were livid.

"What of you?", Turac asked, "Do you find Roy appealing as your sister?"

Jalin shook his head and sighed, "Yes, her skin is quite rough. When I was looking for the stone, I was surprised her shirt was not worn through."

“Hm... Not as much. He has his charms, yeah, but he’s kind of serious for my tastes.”

“That would’ve been interesting. A topless pirate captain. Hope you weren’t hurt though.”

"Hmm," Turac nodded, not really sure how to continue with the conversation.

"I was not injured."

"Really?", Sinach chuckled, "You'd think a shark beastkin would be more... exciting."

Nidia looked at Turac. “So, what’s your lake like?”

“I’m sure it was. So much so that it all just seems like a blur when you try to remember.”

"It's deep, safe," Turac smiled, "Only three people can swim deep enough to get to my hoard." Shuffle, Jerry, and Raine.

Jalin was silent for a bit, considering. "Why have I surrounded myself with fools?"

Nidia tilted her head. "What do you keep down there?"

Emilia pouted. "Well, that's mean. It's just some friendly teasing."

"Everything." Precious metals, interesting looking objects, magic items, gems, pieces of ships, food he was softening up. "It's my home."

"Teasing ends when it crosses into harassment." Jalin kept walking without turning his head, "This conversation ended yesterday morning, you brought it up again."

"Buzzkill," Sinach grumbled. "So when's the baby due? I hear sharks-"

"There will be no baby."

"I hear that dragons are very protective of their stuff. I guess that means no one's ever seen it, huh?"

"Sinach's harassing, I'm just curious. I'm actually a bit jealous, too. I hope I can meet someone in such an exciting fashion."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back