• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Cursed Island

Niudisa looked over. “Mm. Well, since you’re not busy eating, go and test it.” She set the paper down and stepped away back to her food. “Trying burning first, then cutting. Ideally, neither should work.”

Shuffle flicked her ears as Veo came and went. She didn’t know what girl talk was. She thought she spoke the same as the men of the group.

—————

Erina nodded. “Of course. I won’t speak a word.”

Nyah chuckled and snapped her fingers, a small ball of fire manifesting over her hand and then flying into the paper, giving a blast of heat that ruffled the table. The paper was warm, but unharmed by the fire. "Well, at least one part of it works," Nyah picked up the paper and took the knife to it. The knife was stopped a quarter of an inch from the paper by something. As Nyah applied more force, that barrier became visible, translucent purple like Niudisa's glow. Apparently that was the color of her mana signature. "It looks like it works." She sent the knive back where it came from.

---------------
Veo returned to the tent with a plate and handed it to Jerry. "You sure you're gonna be alright?"

"I'm just tired, right now," Jerry nodded, starting to eat.

Niudisa smiled at the result. “Nice. If I enchant everyone’s armor with this, that should be a big help.”

—————

“I’ll let you rest then. I could use some food myself, after all.” Erina dipped her head before heading out.

"I do not believe you will need to do so with armor," Joanne interjected as Veo and Erina returned. "Jerry only had it on her undergarments, so clearly whatever it is marked with need not cover ones whole body."

"That's why I had Thoradin make rings and bracelets," Adran agreed, "Or, a belt in your case. You're small, I can't change that." He fished the pouch of items made for the purpose of being enchanted with this out of his bag and laid it on the table. "If they're too small to enchant, I can cast a spell to enlarge them, it's kinda like what I did to Asta, but not a permanent enchantment."

------------
Jerry gave a nod and thanked Veo and Erina as they left, finishing her food and then laying down to try and catch the sleep she didn't get last night.

“Mm, fair enough. I’ll get to work on that as soon as I finish eating.”

Erina settled still the table to join the others in eating.

"Alrighty," Adran had already finished eating, and so he went walking to go see where Jerry was, since she was usually one of the first one's up. He gave a knock on the frame of the flap to see if she was just busy. Not getting any response, he poked his head in, and saw... not Jerry. Asta was still in there, he didn't see where Poli was but there was a fried fish fillet sitting on the table that had gone bad. Jerry was nowhere to be found in there. "Okay then," he turned around, if she wasn't in there she was probably somewhere.

"Hey, have you two seen Jerry?", he asked Erina and Veo when he got back to the table.

Asta was just getting up to stretch when Adran poked his head in. He remained quiet and headed out after him to eat, figuring Jerry was there doing the same.

Erina glanced over as Adran returned with Asta following. “Mm, I passed her briefly and she requested not to be bothered for now. Her newly forming wings made sleeping difficult, so she wants to rest a bit more.”

"Hmm," Adran nodded, "Alright, as long as we know where she is." He glanced at Asta as he passed by, setting a ham down near where Beri was munching on another for the chimera. "You sleep okay?", Asta was quiet most of the time, but if Jerry hadn't slept very well Asta might not have either.

Asta glanced up at Adran before looking to his share of food. “I had some things on my mind that kept me awake, but I managed to sleep eventually.”

"That's good." Adran went back to the table to fiddle with his book, cleaning up with another spell once everyone had finished eating. "We're gonna be here for a few days until we get everything taken care of, so if you've got something you can do to make life easier for everyone when we leave, start on it."

Niudisa nodded as she picked up a couple rings. “If someone could carry the rest of these things that I need to enchant to my tent, that would save me a lot of time.”

Asta stood up and stretched. “I should check on Jerry.”

Erina looked at him. “No, you shouldn’t.”

“What?”

“The best thing you can do for her right now is give her the space she asked for. She doesn’t like being smothered like that.”

Adran picked up the bundle and followed Niudisa to her tent, raising an eyebrow at Erina's hasty response, but figuring she knew more about the situation than he did he didn't comment. "Okay, what do we need to do, here?" Adran's grasp on enchanting objects was about the same as Niudisa's grasp on summoning entities.

"She's had a long night is all," Veo offered, "She's just taking a nap somewhere, she's okay."

Niudisa set the Rings she had on a table. “Just set it to one side here. I should be able to mange this on my own.”

Asta looked at them for a moment. “Then... What else can I do?”

Erina shrugged. “Why don’t you play with Shuffle?”

“I don’t play.”

“And there’s your problem.” Erina glanced over. “Shuffle, Asta wants to play!”

“I don’t-!” Asta was cut off as Shuffle tackled him.

"Alright," Adran set his bundle down and went to leave, maybe get some contracts made with some demons. He paused at the door. "Um, do you think you could swing Shuffle's to include something for her acid?"

Veo gave Erina a thumbs up at that. Maybe Jerry would be more welcoming towards Asta if he had a personality beyond infatuated with her. "Fia, care to join them?"

“Hm... I’ll need a sample of her acid, but I might be able to, yeah.”

Fia chirped and ran to join the fun.

Asta struggled under Shuffle before managing to slip out of her grasp and run, which only prompted Shuffle to chase after him.

"Ooh," that would be tricky, "I'll see what I can do." Hopefully he could find something capable of not immediately dissolving with Shuffle's acid inside, or at least something resistant enough to corrosion that mending could combat it.

"That fixes, that," Veo smiled, seeing Asta try and fail to escape Shuffle and Fia. She held up her fist to Erina, "We make a good team in a pinch."

“Thanks.” Niudisa set to work with her enchanting.

Erina smiled at Veo. “Indeed we do.” She was unfamiliar with her gesture though, so she just...grabbed her hand.

Adran went around grabbing some containers. Large enough that if Shuffle's acid did eat a hole in them he could repair them quickly, small enough that they were easy to carry. Glass, metal, anything that looked like would be able to hold a small amount of acid.

Veo chuckled, "Close enough."

The first challenge would be getting Shuffle to hold still, now that she was caught up in her game of chase with Asta.

Erina gave an awkward smile. “I should probably get back to my loom.”

Adran decided to wait for one of them to get tired out. Shuffle, boundless as her energy was, had to get tired eventually, right? "I'm hammering out contracts, then," the warlock muttered, sitting down to scratch out terms.

"I'll keep an eye on the little ones," Veo smiled. Back at the loom, Lyak was already studying it's workings intently, trying to figure out how it let Erina do what she did.

Erina smiled at Lyak as she got to her loom. “Ah, hello. Are you going to watch me work again today?”

Lyak nodded. "You're safe." She sat down on her rock and fiddled with her light string again, playing some variation of Cat's Cradle with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back