• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Cursed Island

“Mm.” Erina looked at the chain before putting the bracelets on. Not her usual style, but oh well. “Ah... sit?” She held her hand out at the imp as instructed.

—————

“Oh. Well, you’re pretty in this form, too.”

—————

Poli glanced over before crawling back into the tent and settling on the table, taking the form of a lockbox.

Asta rested his head on his paws as he settled down, letting out a sigh. Not the result he’d hoped for, but not entirely unexpected either. At least he said what was on his mind.

The imp didn't obey. The chain stirred around Erina's hands, but didn't go off like expected. The imp made a face and blew rasberries at Erina. "Try again. Be firm, you know what you want, the chain only exercises your will on another being. Make a fist, if that helps visualize it."

-------------------
"My previous master desired I appear like this," Nyah smiled at Shuffle, "I think you should go to sleep."

Erina furrowed her brow as the imp’s mocking. She tried again, thrusting her hand out more forcefully. “Sit!”

—————

Shuffle whined, but she couldn’t say she wasn’t sleepy. She stretched out before walking a circle on her bed and curling up in the middle.

Fia had gone to sleep during their conversation, laying on her back with wings spread out.

The chain stirred in Erina's bracelets, a glowing point appearing in front of her hand, a spiked and hooked chain shooting out like a harpoon and sinking into the imp's chest. A brand of chains appeared around the imp's neck, wrists, ankle, and waist, visible only to Erina. What Adran could see was a brand of a spider manifesting on the imp's throat. The imp's butt slammed down onto the floor, the imp looking very confused.

"There you go!", Adran nodded.

Erina felt a chill as the imp obeyed her command, and a smile formed on her face. “Ooh. I think I like this.”

"Good," Adran put an arrow through the imp's chest. "Gotta kill or sent 'em back before they anchor," he shrugged. "But yeah, that's how it works. How many you can control and how complex the commands you can give depends on how smart the animal is."

Erina nodded as she looked the chain over again. “Right. I’ll try it out when I can get used to it.” She rested her hands on her lap. “Now, about us.”

Aaand back to spider mode. Adran couldn't contract his way out of this one. "Okay," maintaining caution, Adran chose not to say a lot so it couldn't be used against him. "What about us?"

“Our...relationship. Have you given it more thought? Last time we spoke of it, you seemed unsure.”

Oh, hell. "I... have not, we've had other things to worry about." Adran shrugged, "Feeders, goblins, Jerry keeps sprouting new body parts, Urodor, Yidi, you know?"

“Mm, that’s fair. Do try to consider it when you have the chance. All I want is a definite answer. Even if you say no, at least I’ll know to move on.”

"Well, what do you want?" Adran had never gotten this far in any regard, Erina was the first non-demon he was still with the morning after, uncharted territory for Adran.

“Hm.....” Erina considered that for a few moments. “I want someone who will be there for me. Wherever I am, whatever happens, they’ll be there for me. Even if they can’t help, they’ll still be by my side.”

Adran nodded. "I don't know if I can do that for you. My ability to be anywhere for the last thirty years has been dictated by contracts. I've got contracts that'll last for another twenty before they expire, I don't know when which demon is going to come calling for that favor I owe, or to satisfy my side of the contract." He shook his head, "I can't promise you anything except that I'll probably outlive you."

“I see.” Erina looked down at her hands. A thought passed through her mind as she saw the chain, but she knew that wouldn’t get her what she really wanted anyway. “So, it won’t work between us.”

"I didn't say that," Adran objected, still erring on the side of caution, "I said I can't promise anything." He sighed and wiped his face, "Force of habit." You had to use precise language working with demons, or you'd screw yourself over. "I've never been in this situation before, I'm willing to give it a shot, but I can't promise anything beyond that."

“Mm, very well.” Erina lifted her head. “At least I know we’re all stuck here together anyway.”

"Okay." Bolt dodged. Very rarely did Adran ever fear for his life, but the phrase "Hell hath no fury like a woman" was jumping into his head whenever Erina brought this topic up.

Last edited:
“Neither do I, truth be told. I suppose I’m still young and foolish, trying to fall in love with all of this going on. But I’m tired of being alone.”

Being alone was definitely something Adran could relate to. The coming of age situation with Beri as a cub was basically Adran by himself trying to rear a child, and he didn't even do a good job, Beri would be dead if he hadn't been able to get in a goliath tribe's good graces. "Being alone sucks."

“And That was before I knew what company was. Now...” Erina paused as she remembered her nightmare from the hallway. Wandering alone with nothing but enemies around. She had to hold her hands a little closer. “Now it would be unbearable...”

Erina nodded and smiled at him. “Thank you. And thank you for this as well.” She held up the chain. “I’ll have to remodel my dress to match it.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back