• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Cursed Island

“I see. Well, so you know, my name is Erina, the cow lady is likely Veo, the giant is Nalla, and the bat man is Emil.”

Meanwhile, Asta finally came to a stop, panting as he flopped down on the ground. Shuffle ran up and jumped on him anyway before prodding him. “Come on, more! More!”

Asta looked back at her. “How...do you have...so much energy...?”

Shuffle tilted her head. “I dunno.”

"Alright, alright, let him catch his breath," Veo looked like she was about to burst out laughing as she came over to save Asta from Shuffle. "Believe it or not, Erina's trying to help you," she whispered to the chimera before herding Shuffle and Fia away from the exhausted cat.

"I've got an idea," Nyah offered, "Why don't we play-"

"Hang on!", Adran came over now that Shuffle wasn't bouncing off of the walls with his containers. "Shuffle, Niudisa needs some of your acid, I need to find something that won't vanish on contact." He didn't really know what Urodor's acid could dissolve, other than immediately making plant matter vanish, or how Shuffle had altered that. "Do me a favor, put some acid in this," he put one of the containers in front of Shuffle.

Asta groaned. “I don’t see how this is helping...”

Shuffle looked at Adran and the container he offered before taking it in her hands. She put her mouth to before exhaling the acid breath into it.

"Hehe," Veo patted Asta's side, "You'll see."

The metal bowl immediatly started to corrode and vanish. Joanne's former armor had only barely survived enough to be recongizable because of how thick it was, the bowl was not so lucky. Adran snatched it back before it could completely vanish and put a glass jar in front of Shuffle. "Try with that one." The glass would prove more resistant to Shuffle's acid, not apparently corroding at all. Chemistry was weird.

Asta huffed but stayed where he was, mainly because Shuffle was sitting on him. He was just glad she wasn’t holding those containers over his head.

Shuffle took the bottle and did the same thing, filling it about halfway before she stopped to look at it.

"There we go," Adran thanked Shuffle and put the lid back on the jar. "Be careful with your acid until Niudisa figured out how to swing the fire enchantment to include acid protection." He went to deliver the sample to the fairy, careful not to disturb or slosh the acid around before setting it on the table near her workspace. "There. I've gotta go mend an iron bowl, don't turn the tent into a puddle."

"I've got an idea," Nyah started again, now that Adran had what he wanted. "Why don't we play hide and seek?" She explained the rules and asked who wanted to play.

Niudisa glanced over and nodded. “I’ll try.”

Shuffle and Fia listened before raising a hand and a wing, respectively. Asta sat up once Shuffle was off of him. “I feel like I don’t get a choice, so I may as well.”

Shuffle glanced around. “Maybe Beri can play, too. He’s about as serious as Asta.”

Veo smiled at Asta's response, and looked around for Emil. "Hey, Emil, you wanna play?"

Beri looked up from where he was laying when Shuffle called his name. But after seeing how she had gone after Asta, and hearing "play", the leopard bolted to hide from the golem.

"I think he's already found a hiding place," Nyah giggled, "Okay, who's it?"

Emil looked over before he got up to join them.

Fia fluttered her wings. “I wanna hide!”

Shuffle nodded. “Me too!”

Asta sighed. “I’d rather hide.”

Emil paused as he got over to the group. “...ah.”

"Well, if Emil's seeking it's cheating," Veo giggled, "I'll seek. Everyone go hide," She sat down and covered her eyes to start counting.

The others nodded and hurried off to hide. Fia was quick to hide in the fires of the forge, off to the side so she wasn’t in the way. Shuffle stuffed herself under the table they’d used for breakfast, curling her wings and tail in close and hoping she wasn’t poking out anywhere. Asta found a little nook behind the immobile mech by the door and crawled in there. Emil ended up going back to the tent he and Veo has slept in and crawling under his bed. He felt like a child, but it was fun.

Nyah vanished into smoke, reforming as a blue sapphire pin on Veo's blouse.

"You're not very good at this," Veo giggled, spotting Shuffle immediately. Bright orange hair and bright purple markings were hard to hide in shadows, especially as large as Shuffle was. She reached under the table and poked Shuffle's nose. "Found you." Then she walked on to go see if she could find any of the others.

“Aw...” Shuffle’s ears drooped as she was found before she crawled out. She thought that was a good one, too. She sat beside the table and looked around from where she was.

Nyah formed a small eye and winked at Shuffle as Veo passed by, heading in the direction of the tents, whistling a tune.

Up at Erina's loom, Beri stalked around one of the tents and under the sheet of fabric. "What are you doing?"

"Shh, Shuffle is playing a game."

Last edited:
Shuffle tilted her head as she saw Nyah.

Erina glanced towards Beri, but she kept working with a smile. “Glad you’re having fun.”

Going through the tents, Veo didn't find anyone. She stayed out of Adran and Erina's tent, not wanting to wake Jerry. She poked her head into her and Emil's tent and glanced around, but Emil wasn't immediately visible, so she left without finding him.

"This is not fun, this is survival," Beri growled.

Emil tensed a little as he heard Veo check the tent, but he relaxed again when she left.

Erina giggled. “Of course.”

Around the workshop Veo looked, oblivious to the djinn on her shirt, not going into the forge, and finding no one in the tents. She didn't even spot Poli in Jerry's tent, even though she was fairly certain they did not have a lockbox. She could see some yellow of Asta's fur when she passed by the meck, but she knew the chimera needed a breather and a half after trying to fulfill the fool's errand of escaping Shuffle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back