• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Cursed Island

Erina tilted her head a little. “We don’t want to hurt you. We just want to make sure you’re well.”

—————

Raine watched and listened to Jerry’s teaching. “That’s...a complicated thing.”

Seeing that Erina wasn't freaked out by the giant, Lyak cautiously took a step from behind the arachne's legs towards the giant. "Do you have perhaps a sheet, for the child's modesty?", Nalla asked Erina. "I doubt she would be comfortable removing her bandages in front of a crowd."

-------------
Jerry shook her head, "This isn't even the complicated part yet. I'm just explaining what you can do."

Erina glanced around before grabbing the largest sheet of fabric she’d made so far. “This should do.”

—————

Raine nodded. “We’re gonna be here a while, aren’t we?”

"Thank you," Nalla stuck her stick into the rock and pulled on one of the prongs to make an extension, hanging the sheet off of it like a curtain. "This should suffice." She turned to the goblin and gestured for her to take off her bandages. Lyak didn't understand that pantomining and looked up at Erina, confused.

-------------
"Not really, no," Jerry shook her head, "I'm gonna show you how to do this without destroying your pick, and then you're gonna go make the goblin drink some of that pit potion, and go practice lockpicking." She quickly reassembled the lock. "Now, these should have the same key, so you should able to learn pretty quick by mimmicking."

Erina, shameless spider she was, undid her own chest wrap to show what it is they want Lyak to do. She made to gesture specifically to the wraps in hopes Lyak wouldn’t mistake this for her showing off.

—————

Raine nodded and took hold of her lockpick. “Right.”

Nalla and Lyak both blinked at Erina's display. "You are not injured, clearly," Nalla glanced away. Lyak stared for a few moments until Nalla grunted.

"Laka," Lyak glanced at the ground and found the tie point to drop her cloak, and began unwrapping her bandage top. Underneath the old bandages she looked like an entire other person, covered in bruises and sores and infections, herb paste still stuck to her injuries in places. She was rail thin, like she barely ate, it was her herb mats that made her look almost like she had a healthy weight. "...Raka..."

-----------------------------
Jerry demonstrated how to pick the lock, explaining it all the while, how you could tell when the pins were in the right position by feel, how to maneuver them if they weren't, and making sure Raine was keeping her hand steady so she wouldn't jitter the lock and knock them out of position again.

Erina went ahead and wrapped herself as Lyak unwrapped. She blinked once the bandages came off. “My goodness... You poor thing...”

—————

Raine was a bit rough at first, but she started getting it after a while. She was good learner, at least.

Nalla immediately set to work, rummaging through the small pouch on her belt for a small vial of some kind of paste, "Drink this and try not to scratch," she instructed, even though she knew Lyak couldn't understand a word she was saying. The goblin swallowed the bitter paste and tried not to run away as the goliath worked her magic, green energy flowing from the goliath into the goblin, slowly healing with the more severe injuries and infections going first. By the clicking and popping, there were fractured and broken bones in there, too.

-----------------
"See, you're getting it." The two shackles popped at the same time, locks unlocked. "You get it, now? You're not trying to smash it open, you're trying to tickle it into letting go." That was possibly the weirest description of how lockpicking worked that Jerry had ever given, but it was accurate.

Erina winced a bit as she watched before eventually deciding to look over at her work.

—————

Raine nodded. “Yeah, I get it now. Now I just wonder how I ever got locks open before. Either they were broken or I was lucky.”

"Low skill attacks can get a lot of jobs done, but you go through picks a lot," Jerry nodded, "I've yet to find anyone that'll make me a set of picks from blue adamantine, so I've gotta be gentle." She handed the kobold the pseudo-bottomless bottle of pit potion, "I think the goblin's hanging out with Erina, her name's Lyak."

Raine nodded as she took the bottle. “Right.” She hopped off the chair before heading out of the tent to find Lyak. She glanced around, muttering to herself. “Which one was Erina...?” She shrugged and started wandering. She could recognize the goblin, at least, though she didn’t see her past the fabric curtain.

Jerry shook her head, continuing to go ID all of the potions and deal with the contents. "What do you think, Poli?"

----------------
"I believe she is healed, now," Nalla nodded once all of Lyak's visible injuries had vanished and there was no more sounds of bones healing. "You may clothe yourself, little one," she held up Lyak's bandages and realized that dressing the goblin in cloth soaked in her own blood and pus was a bad idea. "Do you have anything in her size she can wear?"

Nyah waved for Raine to come over, she'd just finished another of her stories and was getting ready to tell another to Shuffle and Fia.

“About what? The kobold?”

—————

Erina glanced around. “Not yet... I wasn’t able to ask if I could measure her, so I haven’t made clothes her size yet.” She paused for a moment as she spotted her dress. “Ah, I have an idea.” She undid her chest wraps once again before holding them out. “She can use these for now, and I’ll simply wear my dress.”

Raine looked over before walking to Nyah. Maybe smoke lady knew where Lyak was.

"Kobold, goblin," Jerry shrugged, and winced, "How are my bones looking?" The bony protrusions had extended a few inches during that conversation. Jerry definitely wasn't sleeping on her back anymore.

-------------------
Lyak blinked again as she was handed Erina's chest wrap. "You have little sense of modesty," Nalla noted as Lyak wrapped herself. As much silk as Erina needed to cover her bust, Lyak was only able to fashion a sleeveless version of her previous bindings. A small flash and fire destroyed the original in Nalla's hands.

Nyah, assuming that Raine still could not communicate, settled with the other two little ones to start another story.

“Ah...” Poli took a look at her back. “About as good as honey protrusions can look, I guess.”

—————

“I lived alone for a long time.” Erina took her dress and pulled it on over her head.

Raine paused for a moment before realizing she just wanted to keep her preoccupied with the others. “Ah, wait. I need to find, uh, Lyak.”

Fia and Shuffle looked over at her.

"I guess that's good?", Jerry had never sprouted wings before, she wasn't sure how the stages were supposed to look.

--------------
Once Erina was dressed again, Nalla took the sheet down and undid what she had done to her staff. "If you have no more need of me, I will take my leave."

"You can speak Common now?", Nyah looked about as confused as it came. She raised a finger like she was going to object to that, but pointed towards Erina, Nalla, and the goblin.

“I guess. As for the kobold... Well, she seemed to pick up what you were teaching pretty quick.”

—————

Erina shook her head. “No, thank you. Ah, perhaps later, when you’re not busy, would you mind if I measured you? I would like to make you some clothes as well.”

Raine nodded and held up the bottle in her hands. “It’s this potion. That’s why I need to find Lyak.” She glanced over where Nyah pointed. “Thanks. I’ll come by and learn your names later.” She turned and headed off.

"That's good," Jerry nodded, filling another of the magic bottles with one of Yidi's potions that seemed like a more potent version of Veo's health potions. "Veo hasn't been making you retch too much for potions, has she?" She stood up to put away the stuff she'd identified and done with, folding the table and chairs back up. She held up the just-now filled bottle, "Can you take this to Veo and explain what it is for me?", she asked the mimic.

--------------------
"I already have clothes," Nalla shook her head in turn, "It is not necessary." She turned to go walk away and passed by Raine on her way to Erina.

Nyah looked at Shuffle and Fia, "Did one of you burn something into my smoke and not tell me?"

“No, she hasn’t.” Poli looked at the bottle before pulling off from Jerry. “Yeah, I can do that.”

—————

“I....” Erina held her hand up before deciding to let it go. For now.

Raine curved her path on her way to Erina, giving plenty of space around Nalla’s feet just to make sure she wouldn’t get stepped on.

Shuffle looked at Nyah. “I didn’t burn anything on purpose.”

Fia nodded. “Me too.”

"Thank you," once Poli was off, Jerry drew some more cards to make the tent more comfortable, apparently claiming this tent as her space for the foreseeable future. "Can you send Asta over once you're done, too?"

-----------------
Lyak hid from the kobold behind Erina's legs again, knowing full well what Yidi had done to all his prisoners, and after seeing how this group was not afraid to kill and torture she was scared of what the kobold would be allowed.

Nalla made her way over to Thoradin's workspace. The sound of their conversation wasn't audible over the sounds of the forge, but apparently they knew each other.

Nyah shook her head, "Jerry must have figured out Tongues." She wove her hands and started up the next story.

“Will do.” Poli formed a walking quadruped form, with a spot on top to hold the bottle, before heading out to find Veo.

—————

Erina gave Lyak a smile. “It’s alright.” She looked over at Raine. “Hello there.”

“Hi. Jerry sent me with this potion for Lyak.”

Erina blinked. “...ah.”

“It’ll let her communicate with everyone, like I’m doing now.”

“Oh, I see.”

Shuffle and Fia shrugged and looked at the story.

Veo was still going through her kit. She'd have to ask Erina for more bandages and stitch cord once she got the chance, she was running low. "Hey, Poli, how's Jerry's back looking?", she asked when the mimic approached.

Lyak frowned. That kobold had hardly been able to speak a word of goblin, yet here she was speaking plain as night! "How are you speaking Goblin?"

“Eh, no worse than before, as far as I can tell. The bone is definitely coming out though.”

Raine held up the bottle. “It’s this potion. It’s magic or something. I don’t actually know your language, but drinking this lets me understand you and you understand me. I brought some for you so you can talk to everyone else, too.”

"That's good," Veo nodded. "I think? I've never dealt with patients sprouting new body parts."

Lyak took the bottle, looking it over. "Raka made this." She took a sip of the potion, her face twitching as the potion went down. "Take it," she put the bottle back in Raine's hand and scooted closer to Erina.

“It’s apparently not normal. Anyway, Jerry wanted me to bring this to you. She said it should work better than the healing potions you’ve been making.”

Raine nodded as she took the bottle back. Erina looked down at Lyak. “So, we can speak to each other now, yes?”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back