• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Cursed Island

Veo smiled and took the bottle, "That's great!" She looked down at the bottle and then back at Poli like she was expecting more, "Is this all?"

"I... think so?", Lyak looked confused, she didn't even know Yidi had brewed that potion, she just fed the tarrasques and bred sprites.

“I...think so. That’s all she gave me. The bottle itself might be special too, but I can’t remember for sure.”

Erina smiled at her. “Ah, wonderful. I’ve been wanting to talk to you properly.”

Veo frowned, "That's odd, usually she broadcasts to the world everything she's planning unless it's for her own benefit." She put the bottle away, deciding to figure that out later. "Thank you." She gave the mimic a pat on what she assumed to be the head and sent it on its way.

Lyak smiled back, but didn't really have much to say at the moment, she was used to not being understood by the group, this was a shift.

Poli gave a nod before heading back to the tent.

“Well, since I can ask properly now, would you like me to make you some clothes?” Erina gestured to her loom. “I’m making some for everyone else after all.”

Raine headed back to Jerry’s tent with the bottle in hand. She wanted to get better at picking locks, now that she knew how it was supposed to work.

"Umm..." Lyak looked at the loom, then down at her new body wrap. "Didn't you just give me yours?"

-------------------
Raine was closer to Jerry's tent and made it back first, finding Jerry in the middle of making the tent a more comfortable space. "Need something?", she asked, not looking up from going through the decks.

“Well, that’s mainly so have something to cover up with, since your old wrappings were in bad shape and I haven’t made you anything.”

—————

Raine paused for a moment. “Um... lock picking?”

About halfway to the tent, Poli remembered something and made a detour to fetch Asta.

Lyak looked more confused than before. "But I've always had bandages on, don't you?"

--------------
"I can give you some locks to practice with, but unless you've got a specific question, I can't do much for you." Jerry shrugged.

“I wore my chest wrap because it was functional, and I didn’t need anything more.” Erina straightened up and gestured to her dress. “But proper clothing is for more than just function. It’s also for looks.”

—————

Raine nodded. “Yeah, practice is fine.”

Lyak frowned, "Who are you trying to look good for?" No one in the party seemed like anyone that would be worth modifying your appearance for, at least as far as Lyak was concerned.

----------------------
Jerry nodded and fished out some of the locks she'd taken from where she'd had to pick them on occasion, wrapping them in a pouch to hand to the kobold. She poked her head out of the tent to make sure Poli was actually doing the thing requested of it, and once she confirmed that Asta and Poli were en route, she offered the kobold one of the tent cards if she wanted a safe area to practice. "Just make sure there's still space for the others to walk around, when you unfold it, I think that one's about half the size of this one, but it was intended for a different purpose." This tent was intended to be soundproof so surgery could be performed without waking up everything within shouting distance back before an anaesthetic stronger than booze was invented. The tents in the Folding Furniture deck they'd found in the place where Veo got her parasite was more intended for camping.

"Asta!", Jerry smiled when the chimera appeared, shrinking him down to a bit larger than Beri so he could fit in the tent and be able to move around without taking up an incredible amount of space. "What do you think?" She sounded a bit more friendly than usual. Inside the tent, Jerry had set up one of the beds, a desk and chair, and a rug on the floor, with a lantern hanging just off center to provide light. "I'm thinking of setting up a few of these." It would be more comfortable than waiting around on the floor, anyway. It was good to have your cards working.

Erina had to stop and think about that for a moment. “Hm...” She decided to play it safe for now. “Myself, I suppose. When you know you look in your own eyes, it can really help your confidence in everything else you do.”

—————

Raine nodded and left with the locks and the card. She looked around for a fairly open spaces off to the side before trying to figure out the card.

Asta looked around as he stepped in. “It...looks like you’ve made a den.”

Lyak thought about that for a moment, "But you..." She looked down for a bit, "When did you learn that?"

--------------
"Yep," Jerry smiled, "I mean, we're going to be here for a while, might as well get comfortable, right?""

Erina tilted her head. “Learn what?”

—————

Asta nodded. “Hm, true.” He looked at her for a few moments before smiling himself. “I’m glad to see you smile.”

"That that brings confidence," Lyak gestured to Erina's dress. Her concept of clothing boiled down to exactly what she was wearing.

-------------------
"Thank you," Jerry sat down next to the bed and patted for Asta to sit with her. She leaned back against the bed and shifted until she found a comfortable position. "just think, if we ever get out of here, we can make this," she gestured to the 'den', "But bigger and way more comfortable." She gestured to the desk, "Fully-stocked workstation," to the lantern, "Nice large brazier," to the bed, "Nice pile of shiny." She didn't seem to notice that halfway through describing this future den she was describing more of a dragon's lair than a place she would normally find comfortable.

“Well... It was more that I realized it over time. But it did happen after I joined this group here.”

—————

Asta nodded as he settled next to her. “That sounds like a wonderful den. I can’t wait to see it become a reality.”

"Why?"

-----------
"Oh, we'll make it happen at some point," Jerry grinned, "Might take a while, and some searching for the right piece of real estate, but we'll get it, and it will be beautiful."

“Er... I suppose it’s an emotional thing...hard to explain...”

—————

Asta glanced upwards a bit. “A nice cave perhaps, with a clear mountain stream running by and forests all around.”

"It can't be that hard," Lyak shook her head, "You had such immediate explanations." It couldn't be harder than training a tarrasque, could it?

-------------------
"That sounds nice," Jerry nodded, not even questioning that Asta knew what those were. Maybe he'd heard it from Beri or something.

“Well, that was before you asked why. When it comes to emotions, answering why is the hardest part. Emotions aren’t logical.”

—————

“Just the two of us.” Asta paused. “...I assume.”

Lyak shook her head. "Raka always said emotions were just glands in your head."

--------------
Jerry shrugged, "If you want, I wouldn't mind some servants running around."

“I wouldn’t know. But emotions are important.”

—————

“Yes... servants...” Asta shifted a bit. He wasn’t sure how to say what was on his mind, or if he even should.

Well now Lyak was just confused. "If you don't know, then why do you say you know?"

--------------
"Little maids and butlers running arou- Hmm?", she glanced over at Asta, "What's wrong?"

“I mean, physically I don’t know where emotions come from. But without them we’d be just like these constructs walking about.”

—————

“Ah... It’s nothing.” Asta shook his head.

Lyak shook her head, that made no sense, but apparently she wasn't getting any clearer answers from Erina.

---------------
Jerry didn't seem like she believed Asta, but decided not to press the issue for now. "Well," she stood up and went to grab the decks, "I'm gonna go see who's sharing a tent and who needs a soundproof one." She poked her head out the flap and looked for Poli.

“I’m sorry if my answers are vague and unclear. I’m just a rather emotional person, even if I don’t express all of those emotions outright.”

—————

Poli was just outside the tent. They glanced up as Jerry came through. “Ah, I thought you’d be in there longer.”

"It's not your fault," Lyak shook her head, "I shouldn't have expected clear answers."

------------
Jerry shrugged as she stepped out, "I'm gonna go see who wants a tent like this," she held out her arm to the mimic for her clothes to rejoin her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back