• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings (closed for now) Getting back into it: a 1x1 search to find my voice again

hednisk

i ❤️ doner kebab
Hello! You can call me hednisk.

I am 27 years old and live in sunny* Sweden (which is on Central European Time).

I've been role playing since I was in grade school, except for all the years where I wasn't really doing very much of it at all, so 17-18 years minus a bunch. That brings me to the reason I'm here: I'd like to find my voice again.

Even if I need to shake the rust off, I know myself better than anyone else knows me, so here's (roughly) what you can expect:
  • Patience. I'm an adult with a full-time job which sometimes leaves me drained at the end of the day, and then I walk my dog for an hour. Sometimes, there aren't enough hours in the day to do everything I want to do. I'm frequently busy, so I understand that you may be, too. I won't ask for a minimum posting frequency because I can't promise one in return.

• Brevity. My other creative endeavors have taught me that more is not always better (ask me about the 10+ minute, through-composed garbage I've recorded). I have, historically, written anywhere from a couple of simple paragraphs to 1800+ words in a response. These days, I will probably trend to the shorter end of the spectrum (i.e., single digits of paragraphs); my commitment to you is that I will always try to share something of substance, but I probably won't match a novella.

• Conversation. I like to talk to the people I'm writing with, but I won't take it personally if you don't want to. There will be times where you wait for me to continue the RP while I'm responding to your chat messages. I don't always have the brainpower to create, and forcing it is the fastest way to burn out.

• Multiple characters. I'm reading Don Quixote right now and I've come to the realization that it would be a terrible book if it had no other characters than the wannabe knight and his squire. If additional characters can enrich the plot, I am open to writing them, and I hope you are too.

• Flexibility. Just tell me if there's something you don't like. If the story is boring, let's change it. Let's do something else entirely. This hobby is meant to be fun. If it isn't, we're doing something wrong.
I hope this all sounds reasonable! I promise I'm easygoing.

My favorite stories exist somewhere in the intersection of fantasy, adventure, mystery, and intrigue. I realize high fantasy concepts typically mean medieval-inspired worlds, but I don't actually have anything against modern settings. I am, of course, being fairly vague on purpose. I could be talked into a WoW setting; other fandoms are generally a no-go.

I'm not the strongest romance writer, and I don't consider it a must-have in my writing. I'll do my best, but it's not my strong suit. They say to write what you know and my goodness am I lonely.

Depending on the overall plot, themes of loss, abandonment, tragedy etc. will probably pop up in my writing, either as plot points or during character development. We may not be a perfect match if you strongly dislike these themes, but I can tone it down.

If there is something you are craving and you think it fits with or is adjacent to something I listed above, feel free to suggest it! That goes for plots you have in mind or any pairing dynamic you might want to explore. I've added some of my own prompts and ideas below and am happy to brainstorm with you. These are all short and vague on purpose and should not, generally, be limited to one setting.
  1. Character A has always lived in a small town; they grew up there, and never left. One day, they find that everybody no longer recognizes them and believes they have gone missing. Character B, a traveler, meets Character A and believes they are who they say they are. Together, they try to uncover why nobody else seems to believe them and rebuild Character A's identity.

2. Characters A and B are two members of an adventuring party in search of a magical trinket that is said to bestow great power upon its owner. Against all odds, they find it, but the great power is not quite what they expect.

3. Character A's town had a curse placed upon it many years ago, along with all of its inhabitants. While they have all adapted and learned to live with it, Character B has just moved in and does not know the fate that is soon to befall them. Character A sympathizes with their plight and, together, they try to break the curse.
These are of course not the only ideas I am open to writing, so once again, feel free to come to me with suggestions! If anything here piques your interest, you can let me know here or via PM, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks for reading!

*Sun not guaranteed

Last edited:
I like idea 3, also I am from Denmark so timezone wise we would have no problems at all.
I do enjoy the whole modern-day fantasy thing, because ah it's just not something that happens in my life anymore.
I am also open to other ideas, really I just want to try and get into something original.

I like idea 3, also I am from Denmark so timezone wise we would have no problems at all.
I do enjoy the whole modern-day fantasy thing, because ah it's just not something that happens in my life anymore.
I am also open to other ideas, really I just want to try and get into something original.
I'd love to work on that idea with you! I'm off to bed now, actually, but please send me a PM and we can talk more and brainstorm there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back