• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom (Closed for now) An RP thread based off Pokemon Platinum

Got my post up I'm usually pretty tired after work and I usually pass out.

Also it'll be interesting when Connor finds out John is Cynthia's son, he'd definitely try and get some information out of him.

I like that idea as well! I think it’s smoothest but I also just want to bring up one thing. What is the plan for Pokemon encounters? Specifically how are we going to plan out how and when our characters are going to get the rest of their Pokemon. Since I know some of the Pokemon we chose aren’t in the Sinnoh region so it could be interesting to see where they would be living

Ooh! Interesting can’t wait to hear

And no worries Wolfytoons! If anything, I should’ve been chatting here a bit more so thank you for the ping ^^
No problem! I know some alerts can sometimes be terrible.

Now that I am home and have eaten i shall work on my post!

Pumpkid Pumpkid Yes there will be camping! The way I've imagined it is that the distance between Route 201 and Sandgem Town wasn't all too great so a timeskip would work better. Plus as the others have mentioned it will help really get this thread going. We will definitely have a camping session when the characters depart for Jubilife city. Maybe 2 depending on how many days it would take for them.

Stitches and Patchwork Stitches and Patchwork this was something quadraxis and I loosely discussed. I'm leaving it to you all to decide when your chatacters will catch a new Pokémon. I just ask that you keep a decent amount of time in between catches. As for encounters all Pokémon will be found in a similar environment as their home region

As for something completely off topic would any of you kind peeps know where I could find the English Dub version of part 1 and 2 of Fate Stay/Night Haven's Feel for cheap?
Ah ok, makes sense. Also, there is a place but unfortunately its not English dub just English sub. Try Kissanimecartoon? or Funimation app?

also, quick catch, i mentioned contests in my current recent post for oliver, so that's why i was mainly waiting on you! i figured anemone and oliver could connect over something they share in common, so that's why i brought it up.
also, i kinda realized early that oliver's final team mostly consists of pokemon that i feel like wouldn't be used in contests that much because of them not being very "performance-like", so i devised a reason oliver's team is the way it is. oliver, whos partner is a bug/poison type that people wouldn't really think would be used for contests, likes to see pokemon that are normally considered "battle" pokemon and use them for contests. pokemon like whiscash and bastiodon, plus honchkrow and scolipede. hatterene doesn't count, it's a fairy type

And posted! Thanks for reminding me! It left my head and it was really fun to explore Anemone's reaction to that nugget of information haha!

Sadly it's not on funimation. I'll have to check out the other one. They do have them on ebay and amazon but they're pricey. Typically the prices range from $60-$80. I am definitely not that desperate!

Look at the gang getting along like a house on fire. Y'all are lovely writers~ I'll be sure to post after work <3

Sadly it's not on funimation. I'll have to check out the other one. They do have them on ebay and amazon but they're pricey. Typically the prices range from $60-$80. I am definitely not that desperate!
If you're ok with subtitles VRV is free and you don't need a paid subscription or account.

i just checked kickassanime.com (its...a site to watch anime for free. i'll just leave it at that.), they have F/SN: Heaven's Feel part 1 (Presage Flower) in both dub and sub, but i have a feeling part 2 (Lost Butterfly) is sub only. just be careful of the ads if you're gonna check that particular site, or any site like it

It's really disappointing how hard it is to find a physical, let alone digital version, of the dubbed version. Especially since presage flower came out in 2017 and lost butterfly came out in 2019. Since the final part released last month hopefully they'll release a bundle. I'm the kind of person who prefers the dubs over subs just because i have trained myself to read and watch at the same time.

just posted! you can do the timeskip now, graphite

Got it. Ill try to get a post up soon but it will be relatively short as I'm currently at work

Something I was thinking about was, Kasey is going to be getting Regigigas. How would that work, since you would typically need the three Hoenn Regi's to wake them up? Would three of the characters temporarily have a Regi in their party, or would there be some sort of workaround in the plot where the Regi's aren't needed?

Well something I wanna do for all legendary pokemon is to give them each their own arc. We could come up with a workaround or just have the other regis appear as temporary companions for plot purposes.

Well, according to the Wiki, you can find Regigigas in the Crown Tundra by participating in a certain Max Raid Battle with all five Regi's (Eleki and Drago included). In the context of this RP... that is a bit of an interesting question, I would say. 🤔 I do know that in D/P/Pt it was necessary to have just the first three, especially with how Gigas has the gems on its chest to represent those three, but... I wouldn't be against adding Eleki and Drago in there, seeing as how we're going to be finding post-Gen IV Pokémon anyway. But, I would say it is up to you. 🙂

(Also because Regieleki is adorable. <3)​

I don't mind making them part of the story in order to spread the regi love amongst the party. We have like what 7 characters? Only one character would be left out of the regi circle and I dont mind that being John since he should presumably have Darkrai at that point and Giratina not long after.

Maple can probably assist with Kasey if all three are needed since she's from Hoenn. Also I'll be afk untile late at night (its 5:37pm) I'm decorating the house so I won't get lazy later in the week xD

I believe there is an event in Platinum where you can catch all three Regis (Though in order to unlock the event you need to have Gigas already). I don't remember it too well but I believe they're scattered all over the place. Might have Connor snatch up Registeel since it's one of his main types if that's alright.

1606881730230.pngName: Violet
Role: Trainer
Looks: Violet has long brown hair with light brown/grey eyes. Normally she wears a brown coat,shirt, jeans with holes in them, dark grey boots, and a dark backpack. In height, Violet is 5'3 and weighs roughly around 120 pounds
Family: Red( father), Green(mother), Blue( considers him to be an uncle)
Home Region: Pallet Town|Kanto
Personality: Violet isn't anything like her father, some say she's more like her mother instead. She's a happy go lucky girl who enjoys making friends with others if she can. She is slightly clumsy, tripping over her feet or dropping something. Although Violet is abit of a mess, she tries her best to make due and keep pushing forward. She's very brave and willing to put her strength to the test. Just don't trust her with valuable stuff, she might end up breaking it for sure. Overall, she's a great person to get to know
Goal: To be the best she can be
Rival: none atm
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Crush: None ATM

Pokemon Team
STARTER
Species: Pikachu
Nickname: Liam
Type: Electric
Item: Light ball
Ability: Lighting rod
Move Set: Thunderbolt, Extreme speed, iron tail, counter
Other: left ear is spikey, had a little tuff on his head and wears a red hat with a white scarf

1606885173896.png
Species: Raichu
Nickname: Liam
Type: Electric
Item: Light ball
Ability: Lighting rod
Move Set: Thunderbolt, Extreme speed, iron tail, Counter( might replace these moves, idk yet)
Other: left ear is spikey, had a little tuff on his head and wears a red hat with a white scarf

1606885074351.png
Species: Charizard
Nickname: Erza
Type: Fire/Flying
Ability: Blaze
Mega Ability: Tough claws
Move Set: Dragon claw, Flare blitz, dragon dance, Acrobatics
Z-Move: N/A
Other: charizardite x

1606885992692.png
Species: Slowking
Nickname: Kingsly
Type: Psychic / Water
Ability: Regenerator
Mega Ability: Tough claws
Move Set: Scald, Psychic, Slack off, teleport
Other: Heavy Duty Boots

1606886766118.png
Species: Appletun
Nickname: Nector
Type: Grass/ dragon
Ability: Thickfat
Mega Ability: N/A
Move Set: Dragon pluse , Apple acid,Body press, Recover
Other: leftovers

1606887743503.png
Species: Sylyveon(shiny)
Nickname: Quinn
Type: Fairy
Ability: Pixilate
Move Set: Moon Blast, Hyper voice, Draining kiss, Hyper beam
Other: Life orb

1606887246962.png
Species: Lucario
Nickname: Destiny
Type: Fighting/steel
Ability: Steadfast
Move Set: Bone Rush, Meteor mash, Close combat, Swords dance
Other:

Accepted! I was wondering what had happened to you haha

BoneBoy BoneBoy sorry just noticed your post and yeah ill be fine with that. And just to let you know the groups are meeting at the what is essentially the entrance to Sandgem Town.

Last edited:
I was so busy last week plus working on finals haha

_Graphite_ _Graphite_ are we all going into the professors or gonna mingle in town first? I want to make sure before I make Maple run off to the store lol

Hmmm good question. Two possible scenarios come to mind. They both start out the same. All the characters introduce themselves to each other, but let's keep that brief so we don't get stuck with introductions again. Now I'll let the majority choose what happens next.

Scenario 1: they all go to the Professor's together that way they can all interact as one big group, while at the Lab the Professor gets the bright idea that they should all travel together, since everyone now has to prepare for the journey we could have a little mingle session with characters deciding to go to the Poké Mart to gather supplies or go to the Pokémoj Center to rest up their Pokémon. Once that is done then they could head to Jubilife.

Now Scenario 2: After introductions the characters can break up into two smaller groups (preferably with characters who have yet to interact with each other) to just restock on supplies at the Poké Mart or rest up their Pokémon at the Pokémon Center, then they could reconvene at the Professor's lab and since they have already spent some time together decide to travel together on their own, and after the professors just have them head to Jubilife.

Hmmm good question. Two possible scenarios come to mind. They both start out the same. All the characters introduce themselves to each other, but let's keep that brief so we don't get stuck with introductions again. Now I'll let the majority choose what happens next.

Scenario 1: they all go to the Professor's together that way they can all interact as one big group, while at the Lab the Professor gets the bright idea that they should all travel together, since everyone now has to prepare for the journey we could have a little mingle session with characters deciding to go to the Poké Mart to gather supplies or go to the Pokémoj Center to rest up their Pokémon. Once that is done then they could head to Jubilife.

Now Scenario 2: After introductions the characters can break up into two smaller groups (preferably with characters who have yet to interact with each other) to just restock on supplies at the Poké Mart or rest up their Pokémon at the Pokémon Center, then they could reconvene at the Professor's lab and since they have already spent some time together decide to travel together on their own, and after the professors just have them head to Jubilife.
Hmmm I like the first one since I'm not sure how it would go if the group is seperate but at the same time, maybe somewhere along the lines something happens like an argument and then the group splits?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back