• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom (Closed for now) An RP thread based off Pokemon Platinum

Also, seeing as the first Gym we're bound to be visiting is in Oreburgh, and a Rock one at that, I'm starting to wonder if Vincent should find his Rockruff somewhere around there.
Oof Roark is my favorite Gym leader and possibly make Maple crush on him for old time's sake. Aren't Rockruff usually found in medows?

Im leaving the decision of when your character catches a new Pokémon in all of your hands! I just ask that you space them out at least.

On a completely other note I'm thinking of starting a new thread, either tonight or tomorrow, based of Fire Emblen Three Houses. Anyone interested?

Im leaving the decision of when your character catches a new Pokémon in all of your hands! I just ask that you space them out at least.

On a completely other note I'm thinking of starting a new thread, either tonight or tomorrow, based of Fire Emblen Three Houses. Anyone interested?
I would but I have never played the game unless it's an anime then I could watch it and see for myself. I've been trying to apply to every rp possible since none except pokemon and another are active atm

I have next to no knowledge as far as Fire Emblem goes, so I will pass on that. Thanks for the offer, though. 🙂 And, I'll do my best to space out catches, for sure.

Pumpkid Pumpkid It's a game for the switch and a fairly long one at that. I'm definitely going to have to work out the story kinks because in the game there are 4 different branching stories so I'm going to have to come up with a way to combine each one. Not to mention that the first half of each story expands an entire year though the main premise is more or less the same thing just with sifferent exposition. The hard part is how to handle the last half of the game as its a five year timeskip and the stories are entirely different for each route

quadraxis201 quadraxis201 and its not a problem!

Pumpkid Pumpkid It's a game for the switch and a fairly long one at that. I'm definitely going to have to work out the story kinks because in the game there are 4 different branching stories so I'm going to have to come up with a way to combine each one. Not to mention that the first half of each story expands an entire year though the main premise is more or less the same thing just with sifferent exposition. The hard part is how to handle the last half of the game as its a five year timeskip and the stories are entirely different for each route

quadraxis201 quadraxis201 and its not a problem!
Ohhh, yeah Unfortunately I gotta pass. I don't have a switch. I thought it was on ds tho

If I can recall there are in fact 4 Fire Emblem games for the ds. There's Shadow Dragon which was a remake of the first Fire Emblem game and it was made for the original ds. Though that one is scary as you cant turn off permadeath haha. Then for the 3ds there fire emblem awakening which id recommended looking into since it has such an amazing story. The other one is Fire Emblem Fates though that game technically counts as 3 gsmes because much like three houses there are 3 different routes but each game is its own route. And lastly theres shadows of valentia which was a remake of the 2nd fire emblem game and its really good as well. I'd definitely reccomend looking into those games, particularly Awakening or Shadows of Valentia.

Thats no problem wolfy. I should think of a way to have John's familial ties to Cynthia be revealed. Maybe one of the chatacters from the other group will recognize him, or in Jubilife since thats essentially Sinnoh's entertainment capacital, then again Looker is nearby... oh god now i just had the realization of Oliver meeting Looker

i'm...starting to get worried about the other three not responding. don't leave Oliver hanging, guys! /srs

That's no problem wolfy. I should think of a way to have John's familial ties to Cynthia be revealed. Maybe one of the characters from the other group will recognize him, or in Jubilife since that's essentially Sinnoh's entertainment capital, then again Looker is nearby... oh god now i just had the realization of Oliver meeting Looker
also what do you mean by that? i'm not entirely sure how looker and oliver would interact that would warrant that realization. (i never played the DPPt games)

From what i recall he's quite the eccentric detective im those games
thing is, i dunno what part of oliver would warrant the realization of "oh god" on oliver and looker interacting.

I thought it was Bone Boy’s turn? Unless I missed something like a post or such

Also sorry for chatting much. These past few days have been a bit hectic ^^;
it's fine! i'm mainly waiting on your post, though i don't mind a post from boneboy or paperface

The way I seen it Looker and bring out more of Olivers goofiness by how over the top he can be and his knack for elaborate disguises

On a more thread related note when all the introductions are out of the way should we just timeskip to sandgem town or rp all the way there?

Update: and im almost finished with work try to get a post up asap

The way I seen it Looker and bring out more of Olivers goofiness by how over the top he can be and his knack for elaborate disguises

On a more thread related note when all the introductions are out of the way should we just timeskip to sandgem town or rp all the way there?
ohhhh. yeah that makes sense, actually. sorry for being a bit of a dummy, i genuinely have not played DPPt so i'm not sure what Looker's whole personality is in the Sinnoh games.
as for your question, since i feel like the trio of Maple, VIncent, and John is gonna run out of topics real soon, i vote that once everyone in introduced to each other in the quadruplet of Kasey, Oliver, Anemone, and Connor, we can skip to Sandgem. it'll help speed the rp along since it's kinda at a sluggish pace waiting for replies rn

As for your question, since I feel like the trio of Maple, VIncent, and John is gonna run out of topics real soon, I vote that once everyone is introduced to each other in the quadruplet of Kasey, Oliver, Anemone, and Connor, we can skip to Sandgem. it'll help speed the rp along since it's kinda at a sluggish pace waiting for replies rn

I agree with that, there's actually something Vincent is going to bring up to Anemone if/when she mentions Alola.

it's fine! i'm mainly waiting on your post, though i don't mind a post from boneboy or paperface

Moi? I am flattered haha! Well if you’re waiting for me I’ll try to reply tonight ^^ just may be a bit shorter since I can’t really think of much for Anemone to say

And oh my gosh! Looker! I loved that dude! Mostly for his designs cause I’m a sucker for those dramatic detectives with trench coats

I thought it was Bone Boy’s turn? Unless I missed something like a post or such

Also sorry for chatting much. These past few days have been a bit hectic ^^;
Oh my bad xD

Update: and im almost finished with work try to get a post up asap
Yeah time skip is fine although I'm curious if there will be camping and such later

ohhhh. yeah that makes sense, actually. sorry for being a bit of a dummy, i genuinely have not played DPPt so i'm not sure what Looker's whole personality is in the Sinnoh games.
as for your question, since i feel like the trio of Maple, VIncent, and John is gonna run out of topics real soon, i vote that once everyone in introduced to each other in the quadruplet of Kasey, Oliver, Anemone, and Connor, we can skip to Sandgem. it'll help speed the rp along since it's kinda at a sluggish pace waiting for replies rn

I like that idea as well! I think it’s smoothest but I also just want to bring up one thing. What is the plan for Pokemon encounters? Specifically how are we going to plan out how and when our characters are going to get the rest of their Pokemon. Since I know some of the Pokemon we chose aren’t in the Sinnoh region so it could be interesting to see where they would be living

I agree with that, there's actually something Vincent is going to bring up to Anemone if/when she mentions Alola.

Ooh! Interesting can’t wait to hear

And no worries Wolfytoons! If anything, I should’ve been chatting here a bit more so thank you for the ping ^^

I like that idea as well! I think it’s smoothest but I also just want to bring up one thing. What is the plan for Pokemon encounters? Specifically how are we going to plan out how and when our characters are going to get the rest of their Pokemon. Since I know some of the Pokemon we chose aren’t in the Sinnoh region so it could be interesting to see where they would be living

Ooh! Interesting can’t wait to hear

And no worries Wolfytoons! If anything, I should’ve been chatting here a bit more so thank you for the ping ^^

also, quick catch, i mentioned contests in my current recent post for oliver, so that's why i was mainly waiting on you! i figured anemone and oliver could connect over something they share in common, so that's why i brought it up.
also, i kinda realized early that oliver's final team mostly consists of pokemon that i feel like wouldn't be used in contests that much because of them not being very "performance-like", so i devised a reason oliver's team is the way it is. oliver, whos partner is a bug/poison type that people wouldn't really think would be used for contests, likes to see pokemon that are normally considered "battle" pokemon and use them for contests. pokemon like whiscash and bastiodon, plus honchkrow and scolipede. hatterene doesn't count, it's a fairy type

Now that I am home and have eaten i shall work on my post!

Pumpkid Pumpkid Yes there will be camping! The way I've imagined it is that the distance between Route 201 and Sandgem Town wasn't all too great so a timeskip would work better. Plus as the others have mentioned it will help really get this thread going. We will definitely have a camping session when the characters depart for Jubilife city. Maybe 2 depending on how many days it would take for them.

Stitches and Patchwork Stitches and Patchwork this was something quadraxis and I loosely discussed. I'm leaving it to you all to decide when your chatacters will catch a new Pokémon. I just ask that you keep a decent amount of time in between catches. As for encounters all Pokémon will be found in a similar environment as their home region

As for something completely off topic would any of you kind peeps know where I could find the English Dub version of part 1 and 2 of Fate Stay/Night Haven's Feel for cheap?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back