• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom (Closed for now) An RP thread based off Pokemon Platinum

Good morning Wolfy! I'm doing good and yourself?
That's always good news :3 I'm so tired and I have to respond and read messages but its too cold to get out og bed lol.
Today was okay. I was kind of just sitting 'round, watching someone play Origami King.
One of them lazy days?
i'm mainly waiting for Stitches and BoneBoy to post and respond to Oliver (and to a lesser extent Paperface)
That's usually the hard part 😩

One of them lazy days?

You got it. :xFtongue: I had a 4-day weekend 'cause of Thanksgiving on Thursday and a vacation day on Friday, so I was doing my best to try and unwind. A couple nights ago, I watched the Pokémon movie with Zoroark, and... the Zorua in that was just the sheer definition of adorable.

You got it. :xFtongue: I had a 4-day weekend 'cause of Thanksgiving on Thursday and a vacation day on Friday, so I was doing my best to try and unwind. A couple nights ago, I watched the Pokémon movie with Zoroark, and... the Zorua in that was just the sheer definition of adorable.
Right? I love that movie. One of the reasons I love Zorua and Zoroark. I have yet to see the x and y movies or kalos ones

Right? I love that movie. One of the reasons I love Zorua and Zoroark. I have yet to see the x and y movies or kalos ones
I personally like the Unova movies (mainly because i grew up on BWB2W2), but my favorite was probably Kyurem vs. the Sword of Justice, but the whole situation with Vic that happened kinda tainted the movie a bit for me... Ah well, Black-Victini and Reshiram is another one of my favorites. I would say the first Pokemon Movie i've ever heard about was Pokemon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea (i got the book transcription, not the movie itself nor the manga, from the library), the one with Manaphy in it.

I personally like the Unova movies (mainly because i grew up on BWB2W2), but my favorite was probably Kyurem vs. the Sword of Justice, but the whole situation with Vic that happened kinda tainted the movie a bit for me... Ah well, Black-Victini and Reshiram is another one of my favorites. I would say the first Pokemon Movie i've ever heard about was Pokemon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea (i got the book transcription, not the movie itself nor the manga, from the library), the one with Manaphy in it.
Are there more in BW movies? I only recall 2. Ah I heard of his transgressions and call me crazy but I grew up with his voice and I still love it regardless of what he did (which is defenitately not ok of what he did) but I like to separate talent from personal life.

Lol I have pokemon books too from the movies and the series back from the early 2000's such as Mew-two strikes back and Ash's adventures in kanto

As far as the Pokémon movies I've seen, they would be The First Movie, 2000, Spell of the Unown, Celebi: The Voice of the Forest, Heroes, Jirachi: Wish Maker, Destiny Deoxys, and as of a couple of nights ago, Zoroark: Master of Illusions. I also saw a very small part of Lucario and the Mystery of Mew, around the end of the movie.

Are there more in BW movies? I only recall 2. Ah I heard of his transgressions and call me crazy but I grew up with his voice and I still love it regardless of what he did (which is definitely not ok of what he did) but I like to separate talent from personal life.

Lol I have pokemon books too from the movies and the series back from the early 2000's such as Mew-two strikes back and Ash's adventures in kanto
There's the Black/White movies (both with Victini as the star), then Kyurem vs. Keldeo, and then Genesect. Meloetta was in the B2W2 anime, and Zoroark had its own movie with the dog trio from Johto.
And the Kyurem movie i held close to my heart even before the Vic allegations were brought to light, so when I finally found out about what he did, i was devastated. mad, but devastated that an actor that voiced the pokemon lead of one of my favorite pokemon movies did those things.

and the specific manga i have for pokemon movies is hoopa's movie, so that's fun. bought it at barnes and noble

There's the Black/White movies (both with Victini as the star), then Kyurem vs. Keldeo, and then Genesect. Meloetta was in the B2W2 anime, and Zoroark had its own movie with the dog trio from Johto.
And the Kyurem movie i held close to my heart even before the Vic allegations were brought to light, so when I finally found out about what he did, i was devastated. mad, but devastated that an actor that voiced the pokemon lead of one of my favorite pokemon movies did those things.

and the specific manga i have for pokemon movies is hoopa's movie, so that's fun. bought it at barnes and noble
😢😞I feel that. I didn't want to believe either. I haven't seen the Meloetta one yet. I'd have to do a whole marathon to catch up. Is there any Alolan ones? Although Zorua is Black and white wasn't it part of Sinnoh cause Dawn and Brock were there?

ooo fancy does it at least have pictures? xD

I soooo did not just wake up from a nap... haha

Yeah the vic stuff really sucked. Especially with it happening after the success of Dragon Ball Super: Broly. He was one of my top 5 favorite voice actors. On a different note the only Pokemon related movies i've seen is the original Mewtwo strikes back, 2000, Jirachi, Deoxys, Pokémon heroes, the manaphy one, the darkrai one (which was my personal favorite), Giratina and the sky warrior, and lastly the Arceus movie.

I soooo did not just wake up from a nap... haha

Yeah the vic stuff really sucked. Especially with it happening after the success of Dragon Ball Super: Broly. He was one of my top 5 favorite voice actors. On a different note the only Pokemon related movies i've seen is the original Mewtwo strikes back, 2000, Jirachi, Deoxys, Pokémon heroes, the manaphy one, the darkrai one (which was my personal favorite), Giratina and the sky warrior, and lastly the Arceus movie.
oh man Darkrai was a good one. I remember betting Dialga would win against Palkia with my brother back when I we were playing out game. I am so glad Dialga bad xD wooo best 10 bucks ever.

The one thing that I appreciated about Rise of Darkrai, Giratina and the Sky Warrior, and Arceus and the Jewel of life is that they all share a connection to each other rather than just being one off stories like the other movies.

The one thing that I appreciated about Rise of Darkrai, Giratina and the Sky Warrior, and Arceus and the Jewel of life is that they all share a connection to each other rather than just being one off stories like the other movies.
Oh yeah, that is true. I found that intriguing also. That's probably why I still love the sinnoh movies more than any other. Of course Mew-two strikes back is a classic too.

I very much prefer the classic Mewtwo Strikes Back to the Netflix remake. Perhaps it was the nostalgia factor but the new look didn't do it for me and it felt like it lacked the charm that the original had.

I very much prefer the classic Mewtwo Strikes Back to the Netflix remake. Perhaps it was the nostalgia factor but the new look didn't do it for me and it felt like it lacked the charm that the original had.
I forgot there was a remake. They don't usually do to good. It's rare.

Question: I know we will make or brain our future team, but can we attempt to catch different pokemon on the way or just the ones that will be on our team?

And, what I said is actually true in the context of OR/AS-- once you finish the part of the story involving Primal Groudon/Kyogre, Pokémon from other Gens start appearing in Hoenn, including Zoruas. Funnily enough, while our characters are in Route 201, just north of Twinleaf Town where D/P/Pt begins, in OR/AS, Zoruas can spawn on Route 102, AKA, the first Route in those games.

Last edited:
You know what sure, why not? Though the Pokémon on your characters form is their finalized team so either the Pokémon on your characters form will need to take precedence or replace any other Pokémon when the time came. Also the order in which your character catches their Pokémon doesn't have to be in any order except for all Legndary Pokemon. They will be caught later in the story and we could think up an arc for the legendaries who arent part of the main story.

You know what sure, why not? Though the Pokémon on your characters form is their finalized team so either the Pokémon on your characters form will need to take precedence or replace any other Pokémon when the time came. Also the order in which your character catches their Pokémon doesn't have to be in any order except for all Legndary Pokemon. They will be caught later in the story and we could think up an arc for the legendaries who arent part of the main story.
Alright, cool. Yeah I was thinking to same thing as long as we use our finalized team.

quadraxis201 quadraxis201 does Vincent have a Bisharp/Pawniard yet? I was wondering if he doesn't, to plot an arc or rather plan to catch one with Maple since Bisharp is also on her team

Does Vincent have a Bisharp/Pawniard yet? I was wondering if he doesn't, to plot an arc or rather plan to catch one with Maple since Bisharp is also on her team

I thought we were all starting off with just our starter Pokémon, so no, not yet. But, if you want to make a plot point where Maple and Vincent find Pawniards and catch them together, I'd be up for that. 🙂 Unless, of course, we can start off with an additional one, in which case Duke (as Vincent would call him) would just be sitting in a Ball and not brought up until later.

I thought we were all starting off with just our starter Pokémon, so no, not yet. But, if you want to make a plot point where Maple and Vincent find Pawniards and catch them together, I'd be up for that. 🙂 Unless, of course, we can start off with an additional one, in which case Duke (as Vincent would call him) would just be sitting in a Ball and not brought up until later.
I really don't know if we are all beginners of some sort. Are we? _Graphite_ _Graphite_

Maple is a beginner and doesn't exactly have any pokemon except for Croagunk. If we do start with nothing, I do have a plan or idea.

Yeah all our characters are essentially just beginners. Just so we could all start off on the same foot!

Also, seeing as the first Gym we're bound to be visiting is in Oreburgh, and a Rock one at that, I'm starting to wonder if Vincent should find his Rockruff somewhere around there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back