• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern {CLOSED} Continued SOL

Dan glared at him. "I will NOT lose to someone with the last name of genitalia!" He put his hands on his hips. "And I will NOT starve! Because uh..." He looked to the side, thinking. He then looked back to Boston with that same smirk. "If you dont give up, I'll EAT YOU!" He then did a fake evil laugh, some of the people crowded around them backing away.

Boston's face went red. "MY NAME IS NOT GEN-...!!" He stopped quickly. Realization dawned on him, putting his hand up to cover his mouth dramatically. "You.... Wouldn't.." He slowly whispered in disbelief, his pose expressing great tragedy. "Youuu MONSTER!!!" His voice rang loudly, trying to shove him off and attempting to make a stand. "DON'T YOU REALIZE?!?!" He asked, shedding a tear. "THAT IF YOU DO THAT.. THEN THERE WILL BE NOBODY TO GIVE YOU DIRECTIONS FOR THE PIZZA PLACE?!" He showed the world around them using his hands. "I AM THE ONE AND ONLY SORCERER OF THIS KNOWLEDGE I'M AFRAID!!! IF YOU EAT ME, YOU WILL NEVER TASTE THE SWEET EMBRACE OF PIZZA AGAIN!!!" He squinted, getting closer. "Sugar. Jalapeño. Pizza." He sadistically tortured, grinning like a mad man. Two seconds went by. "AND NO YOU CAN'T CALL THEM BECAUSE, UH, I PUT UP A FORCE FIELD." He quickly explained, scratching the back of his head.

Last edited:
Dan glared even harder. "Well..." He reached into his pocket. "I have a pLAN B!" He took out his phone and began typing. "SURELY SOMETHING THAT WILL PASS YOUR FORCE FIELD!" He showed him his screen, which revealed google maps. "SO HA- wait what." He turned the phone around. "GOD DAMMIT, IT DIED!" He groaned, stuffing his phone into his pocket. "YOU WON'T STOP ME!"

A glimmer of hope shone within Boston's eye, his shoulders lifting as a a smile grew. "AHA!!" He squealed, his fists going up to his chest. "I HAVE OFFICIALLY WONN!!!" He tossed the fists in the air excitably, playing ongoing cheering in his mind. "YOUR TRUSTY COMPANION IS NOW DEAD AND YOU HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO LET ME GO~!!!! S-SO I WIN MY DEFAULT!!" He smiled cheerfully, seeming actually happy and proud of this. "Victory is all mine! And nobody can have it!" He laughed some more, his hand rubbing his eye. "I wonnnn..!" He cheered to himself quietly, squealing once more. He was acting like a kid who had just gotten a toy.

Dan frowned, crossing his arms and pouting. "You cheeaaateedddd!" He turned his back from Boston, still sitting on him. "Sorry, I don't talk to cheaters." He pouted even more. "You dickbag, cum licking cheater." He turned to stick his tongue out.

Boston's face went red, he quickly eyes shut tightly and began yelling. "DANNN STOP USING MY WEAKNESSES AGAINST ME AND JUST LET ME HAVE THiiisss!!" He yelled. It was fascinating how two grown men laying on the random sidewalk were pouting at each other. "I don't like those words and you're mean for using them." He mumbled, looking away. "..." He blinked, his eyes slowly going wide. He turned back to Dan ever so slowly. "......." His head shoved itself back to slam itself against the pavement as an overly loud, obnoxious groan commenced. "OH MY GOD." He shouted, eyes still wide as moons. Giving the sky a look as if it just killed his father. "THE PIZZA PLACE ISN'T EVEN OPEN TODAY."

Last edited:
Dan stopped moving altogether. He slowly turned to look at Boston. His eyes were also wide. He turned his whole body back to Boston. "..." He glared at him in silence...

Until...

"ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?!"
He immediately stood up, going over to a wall and began hitting his head against it. Hard.

Boston fell quiet, watching Dan for a full minute with a ounce of sympathy growing overtime. He slowly got up, playing with his sleeve nervously, looking down at the ground. Boston stared at the ground with wide eyes, bitting his tongue. He hesitated immensely before he finally spoke up. "You.. Know..." He rubbed his other arm, taking a step forward. "For.. An Immature like you--I..." He stared to the side, regretting everything but nonetheless continuing, now sweating. "... I had a lot of.. 'Fun'." He did quotation marks, staring half heartedly at the ground. "Even if--uh, it was.." He shamefully stared at the ground, feeling himself wither thinking about all that time that could've been used for something productive instead. "Pointless." He began sweating even more. "You're still a massive asshole though." He quickly clarified, bringing up his index finger.

Dan turned around, wiping the blood from his nose. "Meh... I guess it was okay." He leaned his back against the brick wall, looking to the side, thinking about something. "...How about Chinese?" He looked back to him. "I figured we'd already gotten a crowd, so why not just lead them to a restaurant after all?" He switched his gaze to looking down the street. "Or are they closed too?" He gave a small smirk.

Boston winced at the idea, looking down. "That.. Would be a good idea.... Um.." He coughed into his hand, smiling nervously as he carefully presented his own idea. "How about the bakery instead?" He asked, shrugging casually afterwards. "Not that I like sweets, but um, as someone who works for a competing shop, I heard they have good prices." He shook his head frantically. "U-uh, OF COURSE, sweets are for CHILDREN but, like, I'm thinking we could go there as like, a.. Hate thing. Because I hate them so much." He adjusted his tie professionally. "It's only a mere suggestion from a logical type of view." He advised, putting his hand out.

Dan rolled his eyes, leaning up from the wall. "Suuuure. "Hate." He did visible quotation marks himself. "We'll even make sure to show our hate by really enjoying their food." He paused, looking at back where they came. "...Where'd Basil go?" He stared at the location before shrugging. "Probably went home or some shit." He began walking off. "I have no idea where we're going, so you lead, Princess."

Boston smiled in approval, brightening. Too excited to notice the sarcasm. "Ah, thank you so much! I was hoping for an opportunity like this to write a review about how god awful the food is!" He cheered, putting his hands in his pockets and staring away as he thought about Dan's question. He spoke again quite quickly. "That kid wouldn't go home, I know him enough by now. He'll.. Do anything to fit to demands. Unprofessional, of course, I would personally never do anything before questioning it-," you. fucking. LIAR. "-but, however, I am.. Somewhat thankful for that trait. He and Harim were the people to show me not all men are terrible when I was still in my foolish days. Although I still stand to say that MOST men are terrible, but A-AHEM, uh, that's besides the point.." Wait... Was Boston.. Sexist after all...? It wasn't just drunken stupor? Boston continued nonetheless, as if this remark was nothing. "l heard rumors about Basil not being able to work out for too long due to some health issues, or something along lines of that. I'd believe them, considering every time during practice he creates the wildest of excuses once 3 minutes pass. One time he said his milk expired and he had to prepare the funeral. A few guys proposed it was stupid which caused him to ACTUALLY hold a funeral. Two days later, which is when the funeral started by the way, he brought a cow there. A COW. Who he claimed to be the mother. It became weirder when the cow started drinking the expired milk. That's not the only story, either. I wouldn't be surprised if he walked all the way here to my apartment from his house, he usually does that because he's usually low on cash and doesn't want to make others pay for gas. Gods know why he's a cop still when he barely has the stamina. He's probably walking his way to find me.." Boston scratched the back of his neck, peering across the street. "... Harim's probably... Really concerned.." The scratching slowly stopped and his previously positive mood began abandoning his expression, "......" His hand fell down to his side, wincing at the ground below. "Fuck, I'm a terrible person.." He muttered.

Last edited:
Dan shrugged. "Hey, he's just... Unique... To the extreme, maybe. But who knows what goes on inside of his head?" He pulled out a piece of gum and began chewing. "Maybe, just maybe, he's the next fucking Einstein." He looked back to Boston. "He could create time travel or some shit."

Boston rubbed his other arm for a bit, silence proceeding. He gave a sigh, raising a hand up to his forehead as he looked at the ground. "I..... heavily doubt it.." He quietly said, eyes moving away. "He would be more likely to waste that time for other people if he was. It's pointless, because in the end it's always the same we can't be friends bull crap.." was.. was he just oblivious or--He scratched the back of his head which had lifted a little, continuing to stare down the street. His voice grew hesitant when he spoke again, he adjusted his stance."Do you think.... That we should maybe.." He bit his tongue. "Text him where we're going?" As the question held in the air, his eyes returned back at Dan. He tried not to show any guilt he had with an excuse. "I-I mean, nobody would benefit if he were to be tired out for tomorrow. It'd be unwise to keep him searching." He put simply, sliding his phone out of his pocket. "I only have Harim's number, he could text Basil since he has his number. Although.." His hesitance was showing more. There was something he was hiding. "Uh.. Harim, might.... Murder you if you were.. To tell him anything. I-I mean, absolutely anything." He warned, frown twitching. "A-also, um, please.. Don't tell anybody about the whole accent thing--o-or, that book, j-just in general.." A little tinge of desperation leaked from those words, it was strange because Dan hadn't even got to the parts that Boston seemed so fearful of. He was tense.

Last edited:
Dan rolled his eyes, letting out a sigh of annoyance. "I won't, jeeeeeezzz." He dragged his feet along the side walk, the scratching making some sort of odd pattern. "Maybe... Just don't mention me. Say you're with...." He shrugged. "Jack or some shit." He looked back at Boston. "Hell, even Hale. He'll enjoy knowing you're with someone good, right?" The pattern became more decorated as Dan would drag his feet then go to a normal walking pace.

Oooooooo Boston peered over to Dan, blinking a couple times before stretching the collar of his shirt nervously. He began following Dan, a thick sense of awkwardness hovering over Boston. "U-uh, forgive me if this is impolite but, um.." His lips lined into a straight formation. "I.. Don't know those people. A-at all, actually. Is one of them that black hair guy? Are they something I'm supposed to remember?.. B-because, apologies i-if I am and everything! I just---wait why the hell am I being trying to recover from this?" Didn't spare another thought after as his mood immediately changed, closing his eyes halfway and his tone lowering from franticness to straightforwardness. "Those people are most likely unimportant to my life if I don't recall them. I'd highly doubt that Harim would think I'm dating someone who I don't know and possibly never spoke about before. Giving that I'm not that type of person." now would be a good time for someone to remind him how they woke up.

"P-plus those are guy names! I can't handle with p-people asking about my 'boyfriend' is at every opportunity, hell, girlfriend would be just as terrible! W-wait, hell no, boyfriend would be worse!!" He scratched his cheek as he continued, making sure nobody was around. "People would be so accepting! They would be all like," he did an impression by angrily giving air quotes. "'OH MAN THAT WAS SO UNEXPECTED AND IT TOTALLY WASN'T SOMETHING WE JUST ALL FUCKING KNEW ALREADY BECAUSE WE'RE ALL JUDGEMENTAL FUCKING PRICKS WHO LIKE TO ASSUME SOMEONE'S S--UALITY JUST BY LOOKING AT THEM, I-I MEAN, WE COULD JUST LET HIM BE AND DO HIS OWN PACE BUT NOOO WE NEED TO TORMENT THEM CONSTANTLY EVEN AFTER HE BEGS US TO STOP!! We were right all ALONG to force him out on DATES, we were right to INVADE HIS PRIVACY FOR PROOF, we were right to CONSTANTLY REMIND HIM HE's GAY AT EVERY GIVEN FUCKING CONVERSATION even WHEN it's completely irrelevant! In fact, we were EXTRA RIGHT to USE HIM as a FUCKING PUNCHLINE for every JOKE! To spread rumors about ME s-sucking off sixteen guys! YEAH, THAT'S FUNNY!! HE SURE AS HELL WAS LAUGHING ALONG, WHILE EVERYONE IS LAUGHING AT HIM AND GIVING HIM DIRTY LOOKS!! Because!! HE WONT BE TREATED AS A FUCKING JOKE AT ALL!! I MEAN, HE WOULD HAVE NEVER CAME OUT UNLESS IT WAS FOR THAT!! WE ARE GOOD PEOPLE--JUST LOOK AT US!! HE SH-SHOULD BE THanking us!"​

Oooooo As his last word pierced through some passerbys' ears, he seemed to have calmed down. Breathing uneven and cut off. He had stopped walking to give the ground the remaining of his glare. "The thought is sickening. The very idea of filling into that obvious clichè–-the thing that everyone is just dying to finally hear, 'When is he coming out?' 'He's so gay it hurts' 'Are your parents treating you right?' 'We're all waiting already, I mean, what other traits do you even have besides being gay? It's soOOOOOoooo obvious.' 'If you don't do it now I'm gonna force you to do it' 'What only sees red, is white, and lives in the closet? You!' 'Okay everyone, Boston's here, just sit tight and act like he's NOT gay and he wON't get angry.' They'll treat it like it's such a big thing. It'll be engraved into my image, it's all I'll be known for, it'll be the big joke of the century, and they'll never let me forget it." He said quietly, passion worn and damaged from the mud of his long and sudden rant. You could see himself regretting, but continuing. He felt his arms, glare nearly broken. "Because that's all I am to them. Desperate, gay, fake--it's all I ever will be. It's all I ever can be."

Last edited:
Dan stared at him with a frown. He looked at the cracked sidewalk. "Listen, Boston." He looked back up at him. "Maybe, just... Try to.. Embrace it?" He shrugged. "Because maybe if they realize that you don't get hurt over it then they'll get tired of it and move on from that topic. Or, hell, even just... Come up with your own gay jokes." He looked back down.

Boston flinched, starting over at Dan. A large silence presumed, and not a movement was made. He then looked at the ground, his tone darkening. "... No." His firm voice collided in with the silence, creating an impactful tone. "That.. Would be an impossible arrangement." He straightened his tie, gaze moving to the side as he continued. There were unmistakable wavers. "I just can't have the same.. Things repeating..." His voice grew a little shaky, occupying his fidgety hands with his pockets. "I-I'd just rather forget it." His eyelids fell, his body becoming stiff. "But they won't let me. They won't ever let me. It'll never escape from my mind because this is all they do. This is all you do. And I could never change it." He clenched the fabric on the inside of his pocket. He was unreadable, his face a blend of several bundled emotions. His voice became more somber. "It's all I'll ever be known for."

Dan's frown grew. "Then change it." He continued to stare at him. "If you're tired of something, change it. It's never going to get better if you just... Give up. Actually do something. Go and tell them like an adult and don't just yell at them or stand around moping. Actually do something." He stood there, then continued to walk without another word.

Boston stared at Dan for a long time, letting him walk while he himself remained there. His eyebrow went down, peering away. "..." He hesitantly followed along, now silent and staring at the ground, keeping the back of his mind focused with the fabric of his pocket. You could tell he was concertrating deeply. Suddenly, the sound of his fist colliding with his hand echoed. "... I'll do it." ?????? "I'll get a girlfriend." Oh. He smiled, head lowering. "That way nobody will think I'm gay anymore, and they don't actually have to do anything and it'll be, like, staged!!.. It's.. Perfect, actually! And I won't have to face other people's ridicules anymore!!" His smile faltered a little, the back of his mind no longer providing attention for the fabric. He felt himself wince as he thought some more. ".. I'll have to socialize, though.." He said that like it was a bad thing.

Dan almost tripped in his fast pace. He turned around also rather fast too, so fast it probably would've made anyone else dizzy. "You'll what." He blinked a few times. "Uh- yeah that's- great." He laughed nervously. "Are you sure you want to do that?" He asked, blinking again. "No one has EVER taken my fucking advice, so... Are you sure?" He blinked rapidly again.

Boston shrugged, adjusting his tie while staring at it nonchalantly. "You've been the only one who's heard those problems and.. Seemed to actually care somewhat. To be honest, I-I'd rather die than be constantly reminded for the rest of my life, so i-it's most likely just desperation. You're advice is the only thing I have, so.. Might as well.. Just..." His voice grew more and more dreary, before finally laughing it off with a weak manner, peering back over at Dan. "Just.. Follow along. Since I've been doing that my entire life.." There was an enormous amount of wavers in the way he talked. Nonetheless, he continued, eyes resting on the ground below. Stiffer than before. "Do.. Do you know anybody, that could possibly...?" He trailed off, he looked more and more ashamed and weary that he actually got to this point, face falling apart despite his attempts to keep it up. "I-I don't know any people that possibly could and... I'd r-rather not do it with someone I know anyways...."

"If you don't want to do this then you don't have to." Dan stated. "It was just.. An awful attempt at a suggestion." He continued snacking on his gum. "Also I don't know anyone... Nor care." The pattern returned like a cursed family rug that gets passed down from reluctant generation to generation. "I just don't want to hear you whine anymore."

Boston's appearance lost its remaining efforts, his shoulders falling as he exhaled. Boston stared at Dan for a few other moments before at the ground, a tinge of disappointment mixing with all of the other emotions his face was reading. It was hard to tell if that the majority disappointment was from Dan or himself. He nodded somberly, staring away with a glint of anger that faded as time passed and Dan's earlier comment on yelling. His gaze towards the pavement was more rough. ".. I should have kept it in.." His voice quietly muttered, hard to decipher. A distant bakery was in sight across the block, they were close. The sign had a black background and letters that were designed to be chalk-like, it read: "Honeycomb Café" with various smileys and other childlike things. It was safe to assume there was coffee by the Café part. Boston kept quiet, not mentioning this. He got out his phone.

Last edited:
Dan sighed, stepping in front of Boston to stop him. "Listen, you should never keep something in. You should only do what makes YOU happy. Not what Harim says, not what Saige says, not what I say. Even if it means having to end relationships. Just... Whatever complete yourself." The gum smacking returned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back