• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern {CLOSED} Continued SOL

Dan swallowed his cookie down almost whole. He went into a coughing fit of trying not to choke on his cookie. "Jesus, fuck. I thought it would be the Mexican assassinating the British man." He then looked back up to Boston. "British." He used quotation marks in the air as he did so. "You dont have to worry. I won't spread your darkest secrets."

Boston lowered the gun slowly, eyes still extremely wide. "......" He moved his eyes away, recessing the gun. "Don't ever read that again." He still spoke under his British breath, there was a lot of relief that snuck in his voice. A lot of relief. Too much, in fact. His eyebrow twitched, tone deepening. "It's not meant for anyone's eyes, nonetheless, yours..." ... "..." He unloaded the gun, putting it back into a tangle in his hair while staring away. ".. I-I need to go." He hurriedly said, going up to take the book away from Dan. "Give it to me." He asked demanded, hand held out. It would be wise opportunity to follow his instructions. But you know what else this was a good opportunity for? Stealing the gun to read more.

Last edited:
Dan glanced at the gun, then back to the owner of the notebook. "...What's in it for me?" He asked, holding the notebook farther away from Boston. "Cause you know I have very precious time on my hands, and this definitely isn't helping." He ate another Oreo. "So step right up and place your bets." He took another quick glance to the gun, then shortly back to Boston.

Boston immediately frowned, eyes wide and his shoulders dropping as his arms hung loose. Gawking at Dan in complete disbelief. Boston peered at the notebook, eyebrows scrunching down as words slowly trembled out. "D-Dan. You know this really isn't f-funny." He coldly mentioned, feeling himself tensen. "You.. Can't be doing this I-I mean--....." His pupils dripped onto the notebook again, even they were shaking lightly. He kept them on it, making sure he wasn't opening it again. "This is fucking exploitation!" He raised his voice a little, drawing himself back a step. He stared at him with at sense of hatred. "Y-you can't be fucking serious about this!!!!" The voice he had uncontrollably raised a bit, his fists shaking violently.

Dan gave the notebook one last glance, before looking back to Boston. He gave his usual smirk. "Jeeeeez, I'm just fucking with you. He dropped the notebook onto his head. "Merry Christmas, you homo fuck." He went back to the fridge, taking out the milk. He set it on the counter, looking around. He began opening every cabinet. "Where's your glasses? Or is that exploitation too?" He looked back to Boston with that same smirk.

Boston remained still for the majority of 20 seconds of silence that had fell over him. At the last 4 seconds, his head rotated a little, however not enough to look over at Dan, he couldn't quite do that on will it seemed. He struggled to speak. "... You know I greatly don't appreciate that word." He retorted quietly. His hands went to retrieve the notebook from the top of his head, holding it tighter than before over his chest. He stared back at the ground.. "They're.. On top of the TV in the bedroom, probably..." He didn't think twice as to why Dan wanted to know, instead he persisted with his own thoughts. He held the notebook even tighter, wincing heavily. A minor detail, but his shaking had calmed somewhat since Dan had given it back, however it still persisted, and he still heavily contained of hatred. Boston's hand went to wrestle his forehead in concentration, muttering multiple curses before walking away. Not giving any statement or further comment, he just started walking away.

Last edited:
Dan stuffed another cookie into his mouth. The package was almost gone at this point. "Thanks, buddy. I'm glad you're so help-" He stopped when seeing him walk off. "What..." He frowned, putting the milk back into the fridge. "Why are you leavinggggg. Bostonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!" He called after him. "You can't just bang a poor defenseless dame like me!~" He cried out in a high pitched voice, putting his hand to his forehead dramatically.

Boston continued walking until reaching the front door, placing his hand upon the handle as he spoke. "Out of all the words you had to use that one." He muttered, closing his eyes. "I.." He started, holding the book closer to his chest. "I'm going out for a cigarette break." He answered in a wavering voice, sliding a hand into his pocket as he faced downwards. "I just--really need to think about some things." He hesitated to say, exchanging hands to hold the notebook in his other arm, which was the opposite side of Dan's direction, feeling slightly more secure with this movement. "Or something..." His voice fell more quiet. After 2 seconds passed, he quickly exited, the door following a slam. His mind was too focused to question if he really should have left Dan in his apartment all alone. Dan was just the last thing he needed to see or think about.

Last edited:
"SMOKING'S BAD FOR YOUUU!" He called out, taking a swig of his beer and eating another Oreo. When he heard the door slam. He jumped off the counter and quickly finished the Oreos. He peeked around the corner, watching for other people, then sneakily snuck back into Boston's room, looking for anything to snoop through.

There were a lot of boxes, some fallen over from earlier. The fallen boxes had contents spilled like they were guts and this was an old battleground. If Boston was serious about cleaning it, he'd have a lot more to work on. There was four fallen soilders in total. Surprisingly, there were no papers inside of these boxes. Instead they had other things. The box that had fallen over near the doorway had a lot of books inside, all of very ranging genres. There were a couple of romance books, which admittingly fitted him. The matierial of the covers looked faded, must have had these for a long time. There were also a few hats inside, a tan newspaper boy hat, a light grey flat hat and a black boater with a white lace wrapping around. The next box had fallen over the backpack. Unlike the previous, there were no books inside. Instead, the first thing you'd land your eyes on were the couple of case protected CDs, along with a whole new, red booklet of them on the far side. The two on the outside must have been something different in order to have been separated and in their own cases. '12.48' and '9.67' was written on the two with permanent marker. A binder was also inside, having a light brown cover made out of durable cloth. 'Pictures,' had been written out with multiple newspaper clippings. It looked extremely thick. The last remaining object was a note that had been crumpled up and torn.
From ~ Your Lover
had been written with a glittery, overly obnoxious pen. Stung with a scent of strawberries. The third box was spilled over the second. It had nothing but fashion magazines, they looked to have been bought from a yard sale. Boston was actually interested in this crap? Huh. That's one new thing to learn from him. Either that, or they were a gift to someone else. The collection was actually kinda cute. If Dan had looked inside, he would have noticed the circled objects. Now, moving onto the last box which had been spilled over the closet entry. This box had a few accessories, like various, striped, thigh high stockings, cat ears, fuzzy handcuffs, and many more. There was even a blindfold.. A note was on top.
Here's a gift for the good times <3

There was even a heart sticker.

Last edited:
Dan scanned the room, scoffing when seeing the handcuffs. He walked over to it, kneeling down and rummaging through it. "This kinky motherfUCKER!" He slammed the handcuffs on the ground angrily. "Oh you're so nasty, so sexxxxuallll..." He mocked Boston in his British voice, walking over to the fashion magazines. He flipped through them quickly. "Boring, boring, boring, tacky shit, boring." He threw it behind him carelessly. He stood up again, heading out the door, when he spotted the notes. He froze, staring at it. "....What.." He kneeled down again. "Is... Holy shit.." He stood up, dropping the note in the process. "Boston... CHEATED on someone... With ME?!" He backed away. He then hurriedly exited into the kitchen, hurrying onto the counter, trying to act natural.

It was a long time before the sounds of the door unlocking prevailed, the door being pulled open. His eyes landed onto Dan, staring at him for a half a minute. His mouth halfway parted as if he was about to say something until slowly closing it. "..." He immediately looked away, brushing his hand through his hair as he made his way to the couch, still having the plaid blanket on top. He ignored Dan, sighing deeply. He sat down and leaned forward, elbows on his knees and head on his hands. "........" He got on his phone, uncomfortably silent. There was clearly a reason why he came back inside, but he didn't say it. His expression was very uncertain, sweating even. He was still shaking, you'd think the phone could drop from his hands any second now. He was using the phone as an excuse to think about what he was about to say, as it was written all over his face. But instead of speaking, he remained on it with no words. Creating an unbearable silence.

Dan hopped off the counter, going to the doorway. He peeked around it like a cat, staring at Boston for a while. He slowly retracted, clearing his throat. He then walked out slowly, peeking out again. When the "coast" was clear, he walked over to Boston and sat down next to him. "Heyyyyy, buddy." He crossed his legs. "How's life?"

Boston didn't look over, instead he continued sweating. Twitching every so now and then. "I don't know.. Waking up with someone you despise resting in your bed and practically being forced to come out to the them. The LAST person you'd want to know, and not only that, but the person you know will taunt you with this for the rest of your life." His typing in the phone got a little more aggressive. "Then your privacy gets invaded yet again straight after by an asshole who can't keep his hands to himself. The asshole happening to be the person you bedded. In fact, you don't even have any memories to defer if you even consented the night before or not." His eyebrows went down, the writing becoming louder and louder. "I could say I feel like shit." He stopped and winced, looking at the paragraphs of random letters he spammed out during his talk. He fell silent for a moment. ".. But that would be an understatement. And you would feel nothing because you're incapable of human feelings. So it'd be completely meaningless.." He looked over at Dan. "Say.. If you can estimate, how long do you think the fall is from the window to the ground?" He asked, turning off his phone.

Last edited:
Dan raised his eyebrow, staring out the window. "Uh.... Possibly around..." He bit his bottom lip, thinking. "15-20 seconds. It depends on how high you are, and how much momentum, then you can determine how long it-" He stopped, slowly looking back to Boston. "Actually- why do you want to know that?" He sighed, rubbing his eyes. "Boston, you shouldn't be thinking about this. Think of the people who care for you. Think of... That special someone..." He nudged him, winking.

Boston glared at him, a spark of confusion giving his glare a good touch. "... That special someone??" He asked, actually confused. "Dan, if you're talking about yourself I will genuinely shoot you right now and hide your body under my couch." He threatened, his glare x100. He put his phone in his pocket. "We're not 'special' anything. Last night was just a regret, and I told you I'd rather forget about it. Or can you not respect that wish either?" He asked, looking away.

Dan began gagging, genuinely looking like he was about to vomit... Again. "Fuck no, that's just..." He visibly cringed. "I'm talking about... Literally anyone else. Theres not at least one person who you want to date? Or at least you would stay alive for?"

Boston glared at him harder. "... I don't involve myself romantically in others.." He said slowly, sliding his hands in his pocket. "And I guess I'd stay alive for Harim? But that's beside the point--I was just asking because I threw my gun down there by accident while I was flipping my hair." He quickly changed the subject as some gunshot noises filled the background. "Although that would be a good idea.. Wait--what are you implying?" He asked, seeming to catch onto his wording.

Dan stared at him, then slowly looked to the side. "..Nothing." He shuffled in his seat. "I just... Don't want you to commit suicide." He shrugged. "Because, if you do something... Bad... People close to you will hate you for it.." He glanced back to Boston. "But whateverrrr~..."

Boston stared at him for a lengthy amount of time. ".. Do you think I'm stupid?" He asked, eyebrows narrowing. "Of course I know that." He reasoned, seeming to not catch onto what he was implying. "What are you going to tell me now? Guns shoot things?" He asked, standing up. "And why are still talking with the tone as if you were implying something? I don't enjoy this, you know.." He awkwardly coughed, giving him a weird look.

Dan frowned, biting the inside of his cheek. "I'm not.... I just... Don't want people living with the guilt of something bad... Especially... Spouses...?" He shrugged. "Cause when you betray someone, it's pretty tough to recover with."

Boston's look transformed into even more confusion, blinking several times. "... Dan, you're.. Not like, high are you?" He asked, an eyebrow narrowing. "How did this turn into a conversation about spouses? Like, seriously, are you high?" He asked, frowning. "Because if you are, I'll kick you out of this house and we can talk about what I've been meaning to say later." He threatened, focusing on Dan closely as if trying to determine if he was or was not high.

Dan rolled his eyes. "Of course I'm not, dick butt. I was yesterday, but that's beside the point." He smiled nervously. "Anyways, what do you want to talk about?" He fidgeted in his seat. "Serious shit? The Kardashians? Trump?"

Boston groaned, sitting down on the couch. He genuinely seemed unaware of what Dan was talking about, which was all the more confusing. He was acting completely normal. "Don't say that word!" He demanded, crossing his arms and staring away. "You know I don't like hearing that." He mumbled, closing his eyes. "And no.. If I even wanted to talk about them I wouldn't do it with you." He scratched the back of his head, eyes shut and in deep concentration mode. The eyebrow that had been down twitched a little as he thought. Weakening it's angry appearance. "..." He took a deep breath, rubbing his forehead in irritation. "It's--just.." He looked out the window. He was struggling immensely. ".. Last night, and all... You don't.. RECALL anything, do you?" He asked, still looking away. His tone was weird. Like it was worried about something in particular.

Dan instantly was submerged in deep thought, looking at the floor for answers. "Nope, not a single fucking thing." He looked back up. "Do you?" He yawned, squinting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back