• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern {CLOSED} Continued SOL

Boston's attention on the phone turned blank, looking at the text he was in the middle of sending Harim. Boston's stare withered for a second, failing to compete with his thoughts. He turned off the phone with a longing sigh. Concentration failing to be hidden, eyes down and hand in pocket while his other was put out. "Okay, honest question here." He prepared himself for a moment, hesitance bleeding through. The hand that had been put out folded slowly as he spoke, not in a threatening way, but in an act of deep thought. "Are.. You trying to fuck with me? " He asked, looking back at Dan with a squint. "Why are you being like this? Insulting me one moment then being nice in the other--is.. This a joke?" He questioned, staring back at Dan with confusion and a slight sense of anger showing. "In fact, now that I think about it, this has been going on all morning..." He added with a new sense of suspicion, although, it wasn't as much suspicion as it was uncertainty. "Why?"

Last edited:
Dan gave him a confused look. "...What?" He blew a bubble, then quickly popped it. "I'm still me? What do you want me to do? Beat you up or some shit?" He continued walking. "'Cause if you think this is nice, then I feel bad for you." A couple of snorts could be heard as he continued walking off.

Boston's confusion was sent through his stare, watching Dan walk with half a glare. He became unusually silent. His head lowered at the snorts, he looked down. "..." His eyes caught onto a few pebbles, resting upon the two distractions as he spoke with a slight sense of anger. "... Then what is kindness, then?.." He asked, alternating his balance his other foot. He continued staring away. What was with the sudden question?

Last edited:
Dan stopped walking, turning back to him. He squinted to the side. "Kindness is..." He blew another bubble that slowly died after. "Kindness." He said with a shrug. "Whatever kindness is, is... Kindness." He stuffed his hands into his pockets. "I don't really have some scientific answer for that."

Boston eyes kept off of Dan, looking down the street. His face raising in slight interest. ".. Hm." And with that, he continued walking. "I figured you wouldn't know the answer." Not looking up at Dan, he pushed the button for the street signal. Ignoring of Dan's presence with both hands stuffed into his pockets, not making another word. Completely disregarding Dan's advice. He was still angry, the silence told so. It was fascinating how you don't need words to tell a story.

"Oh I don't. I just kinda winged it, I guess." He leaned against the pole as they waited. "I don't think anyone does really. It's just some more deep shit that we bury ourselves into to seem smart and act like we know what we're doing." He smirked. "Now THAT is some Shakespearian shit."

Boston's stopped leaning against the pole, eyes wide. He blinked a couple of times, slowly looking over at Dan with a look that read, "what the fuck is wrong with you". It took a few moments for him to slowly nod, trying to hide his disgust. ".. What you're saying... Is that...." He paused, looking away. His words were very slow. "Soilders.. Who, like.... Die for this.. Country, are like.. Dying for us because they want to feel smart?????" He asked, taking a step back while bopping his two fingers. "I, myself, don't know what kindness truly means, but like.. I think that's at least a little close to what kindness is...."

Last edited:
Dan frowned, biting his lip. "Well... That's more of... Bravery.... Kindness and bravery are two different things." He adjusting his leaning. "Bravery is like... Actually risking something, while kindness is just going out of your way to do something. One is wayyyy more drastic than the other. Then you just dwell into the depths of if you earn the title of bravery or just being a good citizen."

Boston stared at him for a lingering amount of time. "... I'm... Not sure. Even if you, or I were brave, why would you fight for the country if it's not for others? When you put your life on the line it kind of automatically discludes you, so even if you did do it for yourself, it's a dumb move by your motives.." He quietly shrugged, scratching the back of his head and continuing his refusal to look at Dan. "Again, I.. Don't know.. Truly what it means. I've only felt the urge to do it with only a few select people. But to that degree I can see the difference." He sighed deeply, shamefully leaning back against the pole with arms crossed. The light must have been close. "Although I wish to not to admit it.. Sympathy is a weakness, after all.. A weakness that can kill if it gets too far. She liked telling me that. How about you?" He looked over to Dan. "You must.. Have some people to give your best to, correct? You've said before you aren't just sex and making people feel bad about themselves. Yet I've yet to see otherwise so far, besides you seem to like having fun." He offered, the walk light turning on in the distance. He didn't notice, instead he stared at Dan, expectant. The stare would be better off described as a glare.

Dan gave out a sigh. "I do plenty of kind things." He said with a scoff. "But that also goes into what everyone defines as "kind." And since you hate me so much, I'm pretttty fucking sure you'll consider none of my reasonings nice, so hey," He did an exaggerated shrug, "what's the point." He didn't seem to notice the signal himself either.

Boston groaned and looked away to check on the light, arms still crossed as he started stepping forward. "Maybe if you'd stop playing with me all the time I WOULDN'T hate you. Are you kidding me?! I mean, how the hell would YOU know if you never even told me? Or gave me the opportunity to see it aside from being a decent human being one moment and then making me feel terrible about myself right after?! Do you have any idea how that effects a person??" He complained, doing angry hand gestures. He was walking backwards in order to continue facing Dan. There were a few cars waiting on each side of the crosswalk. He pointed to himself. "I don't know why you're always being like this but I hate it! Why do I have to be the one who always falls into this shit over and over?!" He stomped at the pavement.

Dan glared at him as began walking himself. "Do you WANT me to be serious all the time? Plus you wouldn't like me no matter what I fucking did. Hell, I could find the cure for fucking cancer and you'd still hate me." He spat his gum into the trashcan before he continued walking.

Boston scoffed in an offended, holding a hand to his chest. "Do you seriously--I may be far with wh-what I hold but, not that far! Hell, any sign of you're not just fucking with me is enough!!" He angrily yelled, walking alongside him. "A-and taking advantage of someone's weaknesses CONSTANTLY is seriously 'fun' to you?! And that doing OTHERWISE is too serious for you?! I-I mean, sure, this--this phobia of mine is not something you see everyday, it's certainly not normal, in fact, it's practically laughable! It gets in fucking everything, I can never control it, and it makes me feel like shit! But the worst part?! It's so fucking obvious! It's like--like fucking Superman reminding everyone that he can't have kryptonite every 3 fucking seconds!" He shouted. His steps getting louder and his hand gestures were screaming more. "And even when you're not making fun of me for that, you're going out of your way every fucking time to make me feel terrible!! I-I know I'm easy to play with, get angry, get sad, abandon after you're done with it, b-but couldn't you just stop fucking with me?! Oh wait, no, that's too serious!" He asked, anger started to become non-existent in his voice as a much more desperate trend came into play. "Can't we get along JUST for a FUCKING. HOUR. Where we DON'T have to insult one another, agrue, or all of this--garbage!? I-I mean, still fucking recovering from how we woke up for fucking sake!" His voice backed out on him mid sentence, resulting in him pulling it desperately for it to stay.

Last edited:
Dan's glare came back harder. "And you don't do the same?? You bring up the stupidest shit out of nowhere. When we WERE getting along, YOU had to bring up the unnecessary shit. So hey, maybe instead up blaming me for us arguing over "garbage," then maybe you should check yourself." He continued his glare.

Boston's glare deepened. "You READ through my diary! Worst of all, you never even apologized, I-I mean, I did point a gun at you, but still! Where do you THINK that is all coming from?!" He stepped forward to Dan, then quickly backward. It was a confusing movement. "You don't even flinch when I insult you, so what does it matter?" He asked, sending him a hateful look then taking it back as it weakened rather quickly. There was a major course of distaste now resting in it. "You're the one talking about unnecessary garbage--not only did you read the diary, but you.. You...." He paused, looking down. At a loss for words. He tried remembering if there was anything else aside from the rude comments. "... You made a lot of rude remarks, and.. I-I don't remember last night, but you probably.. You probably did something bad!!" He used his index finger to point up. The finger slouching a little as time went by, and his body joined in. His expression fell.

Dan suddenly had the fakest look of hurt ever. "OHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOO! THE BIG BULLY READ YOUR DIARY AND SAID MEEEEANNNNNN THINGSSSSS! OHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" He threw his hand to his forehead like a soap opera. "How DARE I~!" He glanced to Boston, smirking. "Whoops. The bully is back at it again."

Boston alternated his stare, eyebrows furrowing. "It's really not funny, Dan!" He commented, rubbing his other arm as his head lowered. A stutter bullied its way into his words. "There's s-some really p-personal things in there you're lucky you didn't get to or you p-probably WOULD have--!" He didn't continue his sentence for good reasons. His shoulders felt heavier as the next sentence seemed impossible. He took a deep, shaky inhale. There was a large silence. ".. I-I was really close y-you know.. I panicked and c-couldn't think, do you know how guilty I would have felt if I actually shot you? If you hadn't put down that book where you were..? I may hate you, but that's..." He took a half a step back. "Even if I hadn't shot you...." He caught his words on the verge of falling out of his lips. He swallowed them down with the lump in his throat, keeping himself quiet. ".. I-I'm hungry. Let's go." Using Dan's trick, he started his first step forward.

Dan let out another snort, following him suit. "Yeah, totally. The only thing YOU'D feel guilty about if you shout me is hurting your records. And even then Harim would most likely cover up for you. Then it would be alllllllllll fine." He took out another piece of gum, unwrapping it and popped it into his mouth. He looked over at Boston. "I would offer you one, but that would just be offensive." He looked back ahead.

Boston would have glared at him, if his eyes hadn't been so idolizing of the pole across the street. Or, at least, that's what he told himself to avoid confronting the fact that he simply couldn't stare at Dan right at this moment. He gave a scowl at his yet-again broken pace. "Are you--fucking hell, I-I'm not that much of a monster, Dan. If I wanted to kill you, or if I didn't care about your life, I would have done it right then and there. I-I would be absolutely disgusted with myself--n-not only would I be a joke, but I would be a joke gone too far. Killing a person who never killed before would be like.. N-no, wait, there's no over-the-top comparison here, because I'd be literally killing you!! Even WITH you, I-I don't know you enough to know if you killed, but you've taught me to be a little self aware with what I assume. But even without, I would actually have to see a dead body with a knife in your hands in order for me to think that.. Probably. O-okay maybe not, but, uh.. L-look, the point is, even if I was like that, me and Harim aren't that close. I just.. Get too close to people too fast, is all. It would be like you finding out your black haired friend was a murderer, would you tell? Of course I-I hope. A-and even if Harim were to cover my back, I would make absolutely certain your death was justified nonetheless. I-it would haunt me forever if I didn't--I-I mean, for god's sake, are you serious, Dan? A-as far as I know, an asshole doesn't deserve death just for being an asshole, nor your friends to discover you died.." He felt an unpleasant shutter roll through his body, he disregarded this quickly by walking away to shove his mind away from the distasteful thought. He continued with a grunt, lowering his tone. "Although they do deserve a better friend."

Last edited:
Dan frowned. "Really, huh?" He looked over at him. "There hasn't been a time ever that you've really felt like you could kill?" He scoffed. "Wow. I'm actually impressed, considering how you are." The pattern from earlier came back.

Boston looked over at Dan with a heavy squint, hands resting in his pockets. "Of course not!! What do you think I am, a cold blooded killer who doesn't care about anyone but himself?! I'm aware that my emotions do get over the top, but never that goddamn far! Hell, if some mugger shot you I'd do everything in my power to condemn them with justice!" He put his hand to his chest in an offended manner, clenching the fabric as he spoke. "Just like how I'd hope you'd do with me! The hell--where would you even get that idea?!" He asked with a tint of rage in his voice, turning to face him completely. "You really think I hate you that much?! No--no, of course not!! Fucking christ, Dan! Do you know how scarred I would be if I caused you to die?!" He asked with massive wavers engraved in his words, his voice quieting when he saw a few people walk by. "I already feel guilty enough as it is for pointing a gun at you--you can't just put me in a situation of panic like that! Who knows what co-could've happened!"

Dan rolled his eyes. "Oh please. If I died you'd be fucking raving on my grave. You'd probably even burn it too." He reached into his pocket, taking out a lighter. "Here. Hopefully this will brighten up your party on my dead body." He handed it to him.

~skip~
-
-
-
Dan sat at the booth across from Boston, doodling something on the back of a flyer he had found outside. It had been one for some sort of garage sale. Or was it a dog sale? Dan hadn't really paid attention. He had a steaming coffee and a croissant that was a third of the way eaten. During this visit to this establishment, it was embellished by plenty of things. Examples being Dan tapping his pencil repeatedly, the sound of him slurping his coffee occupied with the sound of him slamming it against the table when he was done, his constant foot tapping, and him crossing plenty of things off on his bright orange pink paper. He sighed, looking up at Boston. "This is booorrrinnnnggggg..." He grabbed his croissant, taking a bite out of it in a pouting manner.

Ooooooooo The bakery was coated with the smog of sweet scent and freshly cooked goods, there was little chatter sprinkling the walls. It was a satisfying atmosphere, and the natural lighting only fufilled it furthermore. The room was dense with wide, open widows and drafting baby blue curtains. Good revenue was woven in each of the features, each detail was another stitch, transforming into a beautiful, quilted blanket to satisfy the frigid customer's needs. White, baby blue, brown and shaven bits of gold colors sprawled across this room. This had been the second floor. The counters and furniture were all made out of fine redwood and same for the displays that contained a vast variety of deserts and other baked goods.

Oooooo Boston transferred his gaze from the victim of the eclair entrapped between his hands, white blood oozing out of its socket with sugar goodness. Remains of the eclair stuck to his cheek and mouth, like he had been a rabid predator. He blinked a couple times, amber eyes processing Dan properly, his mind slower from the step back from the heaven he was in. His eyes widened, a sense of urgency running through his nod. He swallowed down his portion of the desert. "U-um, yeah! It's terrible!!" His eyebrow curved down, giving Dan a grin. "Utterly so! I-I mean, this food is, um.." He got distracted by the eclair's beauty, feeling his withdraw of the infectious desert stiffen. He solved this apocalyptic issue by taking another bite, talking with his mouth full. "Iwsh wush wishwushing!!" (Translation for those who do not speak Latin: It's just disgusting ) His plate had three lavender macaroons(his excuse, he cannot truly write a review without getting the taste in), ,and one slice of cake with 5 layers. They contained of coffee ice cream, wafer, a thick, beady layer of dark chocolate, raw cookie dough, and thick breading in between. All topped with a simplistic, thin heart of chocolate standing above like god with chocolate syrup sprinkled on the white fondue below. While it was in the display, the label next to it had been: "Interracial Sex", and it lived up to its name. The cake had been driven through with a fork and half eaten, the rest Boston would have to savor for later. The corpses of the other pastries were left in crumbs. There were three used napkins on the plate that Boston had been using to keep his face clean, Boston seemed to have ran out of napkins and he noticed, using his sleeve instead. "I-I totally agree!!" He stammered, taking the sleeve away from his face. He somehow managed to miss all the whip cream.

Ooooooooo Harim sighed, looking at himself in the bathroom mirror one last time, seeing droplets remain from when he had last splashed his face. He prepared himself with a longing breath. The employees had shifting jobs due to frustrating customers, it was easier and less stress inducing this way. He had been surprised a lot of jobs that revolved around having customers didn't end with this. Since most people who worked here didn't have much talent in cooking, they were assigned for shifts like dishwashing and restocking. Harim had been lucky enough to be skilled in cooking before he saw this job offer. It was an easy, stress relieving past time he had always been fond of.

Pooooooooooop He first got into it when he was a teenager, watching Tori across the counter of Barley's old family home. It was for some sort of gathering as far as he could remember. She had been making her 5th failed attempt at an omelette, and he called it super lame. He still remembers the badass hair whip he did after. He had been so proud of that. This quickly caused her to snap and slam the pan into Harim's hands, challenging him to do better. 15-20 minutes later, a fire started and panic ensued. Barley had been the one to put it out by literally throwing the pan out the window. He cursed and yelled at the both of them a lot after. Afterwards they both ended up being dragged to the kitchen by the collar of their shirts and pushed towards the fridge. Barley crossed his arms and demanded for Harim to get out some ingredients and Tori to start the oven or else they would join that pan out the window. Barley kept them both up to the next morning, hovering over them and giving commands in the form of loud yelling while Tori and Harim both competed at every chance. It had been a torturous experience. Or maybe it was just the fact that Harim lost half of the imaginary rounds he and Tori shared. It was hard to imagine Barley doing that now, though. He'd been so ruthless and fire fueled, an amazing leader. Now he could never get his thinking straight and was always this drowsy, laughing SHIT, how long has he been just standing here?! God DAMMI--Harim quickly wept his face off with a piece of cloth he kept in his pocket, cursing repeatingly to himself as he scurried out of the bathroom, door slamming but being carried away by the chatter. Somehow not catching attention as he ran over to the cash register with multiple aerial cartwheels, colliding with the wall but turning in just enough time to have it hit his side instead. He ignored the pain seeping through his elbow and hip and stood up properly, placing his hands on hips. Now victorious, he grinned and closed his eyes, snapping his fingers and complimenting himself on his work.

( Bakery layout: IMG_1883.PNG (pretend there's a space behind the counter) )

Last edited:
Dan stared at him with a raised eyebrow. "Boston, if you like this place just say so." He marked off something on the paper again. He reached for his own left over pastry. "Or if you do actually hate it, then burn it down or some shit." He wrote something down as he took a bite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back