• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Nation Building Chronicles of Aldelor ooc

Ah now I see it a bit more I mean not sure why Kul'tir would be disqualified he has a kingdom but it is rather small. I mean he would have a fairy and having an older guiding figure around that has a fairy sounds good. You can even make this the first conclave so even he is confused some.

The only other idea I have is gorgons that live in some huge cave system like drow but even they would have an established city state thing though. I mean the new ruller could be framed as finally uniting them

He isn't. There's just no reason to call him to the fairy realm if he already has a fairy. You'd just have to wait for the convergence of kings for the next player gathering . Check out the lore thread if you've no idea what that is.

Oh so everyone is getting assigned thier varies just now ... Might want to tell the levithans that

Though that kind of works against your idea if you really want a kingdom from less the best I got is the city states firming one nation of gorgons

Though that kind of works against your idea if you really want a kingdom from less the best I got is the city states firming one nation of gorgons

I'm a flexible person^^

It's up to you what you want to play. Nation-builder is very sandbox-y. You don't have to follow the plot if you don't want to. I say pick the kingdom/king you feel you can write a lot about. One you wouldn't get bored of.

Then I will go with undead. He will just come in late guess he dosent need to meet the other world rulers from the start.

QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel I also misunderstood just how young our nations are suppose to be. I wrote Cryogane as seventeen years old, which puts it in its infancy when compared against other kingdoms, but old enough for my dwarves to come together and actually build things—like their capital.

QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel I also misunderstood just how young our nations are suppose to be. I wrote Cryogane as seventeen years old, which puts it in its infancy when compared against other kingdoms, but old enough for my dwarves to come together and actually build things—like their capital.

It's fine. All we are doing is going back in time. The only difference is that Megrim's choosing will be in the fairy realm where he will make his magical, kingly vow tying the fairy to their kingdom. The rest can be the same. I asked a lot of questions in the cs about that nations because I wanted players to have and idea of what they are going to build as well as to know what they plan to add to Aldelor. None of it is really required until the 2nd arc, which is 10 years later.

Also, more tibits of the lore, people in Aldelor can totally gather together and create something like a capital. It just won't be officially recognized by other Aldelorian nations as a "nation" until a fairy is bonded to it (no participation in the world conference, some won't trade, etc). That's why I said in the lore that sometimes it is the king that chooses the fairy. There have been fairies that picked kings who've already made their kingdoms for the sake of convenience. Also, magicians who a strong enough(and I mean really strong--enough to know dimension travel) can try to force themselves into the fairy realm and appeal to the fairies about their kingdom.

Here's a prototype (crude as hell) map I cooked up. If someone else wants to make the map, I'm fine with that. But if not, I'll improve this one until its close enough to what everyone likes.

i9sCJwC.jpg

The more geography details and nation directions you can give me the better.

Last edited:
Here's a prototype (crude as hell) map I cooked. If someone else wants to make the map, I'm fine with that. But if not, I'll improve this one until its close enough to what everyone likes.

i9sCJwC.jpg

The more geography details and nation directions you can give me the better.

I love you.

I'm considering adding a few unclaimed islands and continents in case a future player(s) would like to take them.

Really cool map. Here's the random things that popped into my head looking it.

The mainland seems a little... a lot, sparse. Maybe turn it into a larger continent? It feels almost like an archipelago at the moment with how small the mainland is. If Trotopolis is supposed to be tropical, and the southern region is colder, it would make more sense for that island to be northern, no? The landmass and name of blackwell/levianth is taking up too much space. Maybe shrink the island down to about the size of trotopolis' smaller bit, and just label it one or the other. (Blackwell is the name of the island by people who have landed on it before, Levi'anth will be the name of the city and nation founded on it). The rest is mostly just aesthetic musings, ie it doesn't have enough clouds and sea monsters to pull off the ye olde map look.

Annabelle's bio is done. Only need to wait for Sylvio Sylvio and we can get started...soonish. Probably.

Bone2pick Bone2pick
I put that trotopolis was allied with some smaller neighboring islands, so maybe some more smaller bits/islands around it? That's really the only thing I see. It being more northern than blackwell might make sense as well...but tropical places are typically near the equator...and I've no idea where the sun is relative to Aldelor(didn't plan that far ahead)...so *shrug*

I'm considering adding a few unclaimed islands and continents in case a future player(s) would like to take them.

Sounds good.

Hmm how would the Islanders treat the highly secretive sailors of my kingdom assuming the living did the talking

The mainland seems a little... a lot, sparse. Maybe turn it into a larger continent? It feels almost like an archipelago at the moment with how small the mainland is. If Trotopolis is supposed to be tropical, and the southern region is colder, it would make more sense for that island to be northern, no? The landmass and name of blackwell/levianth is taking up too much space. Maybe shrink the island down to about the size of trotopolis' smaller bit, and just label it one or the other.
As I've already stated, this map was just a prototype. I saw Quirky post somewhere that another player was considering making a map, so I didn't invest too much time into this one in case we weren't going to use it. Needless to say the continents won't be as sparse in the finished map. Thanks for your suggestions.

A couple of things for everyone.
1. If you haven't given a general impression as to where your nation's capital is (on the coast, in the center, beside a river) you might want to, as I'll place a star on your nation where I suspect it might be.
2. If someone wants to offer up a name for our central ocean and a few of our seas, that would be great.

The map isn't set in stone; it can be altered. Just let me know what you have in mind while factoring in the latest map.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back