• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Nation Building Chronicles of Aldelor ooc

I also get your point in the whole even land will have that issue but I just feel it is diffrent when it is comparing two countries versus 1 creatures that completely destroys a nation in an after noon. Hard to claim you are the master of an area if that thing is hanging about

I also get your point in the whole even land will have that issue but I just feel it is diffrent when it is comparing two countries versus 1 creatures that completely destroys a nation in an after noon. Hard to claim you are the master of an area if that thing is hanging about

Understandable.

I just wanted to let you know that rp rules would prevent your nation from being destroyed without a fight. Go with your feelings.

Understandable.

I just wanted to let you know that rp rules would prevent your nation from being destroyed without a fight. Go with your feelings.

Yeah I fully get that I am thinking now maybe a country run by the undead that actully is a nice place

Just to clarify, my nation is just the leviathan, which are on a much smaller scale than the sea serpents, which are just creatures I added to flesh out the seas. The leviathan would of course view the creatures that are the apex beast of the ocean as some sort of god. That doesn't mean they're actually gods or that they don't die if you drop a nuke or the magical equivalent on top of one. The sea serpent that created the leviathan was killed, so they definitely aren't gods in terms of all-powerful unkillable beings. Hell, a huge future goal of Xir'ain and the leviathan involves killing the local sea serpent.

Just to clarify, my nation is just the leviathan, which are on a much smaller scale than the sea serpents, which are just creatures I added to flesh out the seas. The leviathan would of course view the creatures that are the apex beast of the ocean as some sort of god. That doesn't mean they're actually gods or that they don't die if you drop a nuke or the magical equivalent on top of one. The sea serpent that created the leviathan was killed, so they definitely aren't gods in terms of all-powerful unkillable beings. Hell, a huge future goal of Xir'ain and the leviathan involves killing the local sea serpent.

Dragons exist in Aldelor (as npc monsters) so I see no reason why sea serpents can't exist as well. In fact, if any player got bad luck on an event roll, I might've had a giant squid sink one of their trading ships or something like that to set their kingdom back a bit.

You've met the requirement for the 1st arc btw, so your character is accepted until the second arc begins.

Karcen Karcen same with you, though the stats will need to be corrected. A fairy has only 1 specialty and can only give a kingdom a single head start in one department.

Scrolling through the kings...

Old man dwarf, old man man, other old man man, not old not man little girl, very not man danger noodle, really old old man man.

Hmm then I might need to change things like him even having a kingdom and his fairy and the culture

Hmm then I might need to change things like him even having a kingdom and his fairy and the culture

Only if you want to be a part of the 1st generation kings starting to build their kingdom (which is the premise for the 1st arc). If your character already has a kingdom, there's no need to for your character to get invited to the fairy realm until later when the convergence starts.

Which is totally up to you. Not like the lore was broken or anything. Tbh, I do like what you did with the backstory. Im guessing Azalea was the fairy of the kingdom Kul'tir was in before it died and he ressurected it? So then he wouldn't be that fairy's first king.

The alternative is to say that Kul'tir created a kingdom without actually becoming a 'king' in Aldelor sense. Meaning the undead kingdom had no fairy until the start of the rp. He just raised his dead folks to life and they followed him.

I ths a kingdom run by the undead there are a lot of living in it

Abd yes azeala was the fairy of the pervious king

The idea us it is a small kingdom. But a lot if the culture comes from 400 years of Kul'tir rulling

In all honesty I am getting mixed signals it seems to me on one hand you want these nations to have a history and culture and on the other that these are the first kingdoms and rulers to ever exist

I ths a kingdom run by the undead there are a lot of living in it

Abd yes azeala was the fairy of the pervious king

The idea us it is a small kingdom. But a lot if the culture comes from 400 years of Kul'tir rulling

Right. You can still go with this if you want. Your char just won't get teleported with the others to the fairy realm to meet the fairy king which is essentially how Im opening the rp.

Also azalea isn't dead she just took on a form to match her lord

Yes, that's what I figured. A dead fairy can't come back to life.

In all honesty I am getting mixed signals it seems to me on one hand you want these nations to have a history and culture and on the other that these are the first kingdoms and rulers to ever exist

They aren't. I apologize if Im giving mixed signals. There are many, many nations in Aldelor lore. However, I designed this rp so players can literally build their kingdom from scratch. The information about the nations in the cs is more like a guideline so players know where they're headed. We'll be doing 10 year timeskips with each arc. I'd like to see the kingdoms go through multiple kings as the rp unfolds...but that might just wishful thinking on my part.

Ah now I see it a bit more I mean not sure why Kul'tir would be disqualified he has a kingdom but it is rather small. I mean he would have a fairy and having an older guiding figure around that has a fairy sounds good. You can even make this the first conclave so even he is confused some.

The only other idea I have is gorgons that live in some huge cave system like drow but even they would have an established city state thing though. I mean the new ruller could be framed as finally uniting them

Users who are viewing this thread

Back