• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Nation Building Chronicles of Aldelor ooc

The oceans have been populated!

But I'd wait to see what quirks says about all the liberties I took throwing together the leviathan nation, especially with the whole idea of the sea serpents and just casual mermaid slaves.

(My idea for the sea serpents was based on the fairies, but instead of mortal kings and nations the serpents are bound to the different seas and oceans. Big magical immortal wet danger noodles.)

Yeah I might change it as I doubt I wpyld be allowed to have enslaved the sea gods and pushed the mermaids out of the oceans or enslaved them as well

Mostly as it sound like the likely massive leviathains would be rather hostile to anyone claiming to rule thier domain

Mostly as it sound like the likely massive leviathains would be rather hostile to anyone claiming to rule thier domain
Different sea serpents could have different personalities and temperaments. You could toss your nation near one that completely ignores or just tolerates having little people bossing around the fishies. Oceans are big, and there's more than one. Plenty of room in the sea.

I will think as it is less they don't work in that mine would be kind of arrogant and wouldn't stand living under them so they likely would have killed the sea varies or been killed by them thousands of years ago

They would scatter about into various city state areas then likely say they own the oceans and extort tribute abd payment out of ships in return for safe and swift travel. But more or less there would be a city in every ocean and while they can't truly own all the ocean it is hard to claim that when anyone can point out who really does

They also have an arrogant streak so living simply because you are to weak to be even thought if as a threat would annoy them

The oceans have been populated!

But I'd wait to see what quirks says about all the liberties I took throwing together the leviathan nation, especially with the whole idea of the sea serpents and just casual mermaid slaves.

(My idea for the sea serpents was based on the fairies, but instead of mortal kings and nations the serpents are bound to the different seas and oceans. Big magical immortal wet danger noodles.)

I'm perfectly fine with it so long as you realize that the rp opens with your character being teleported to the fairy realm for the first time, where they will meet their fairy and create a bond with them there. This can be where Xir'ain escapes the sea serpent. The rest of the lore regarding how the nation was formed can remain the same.

Also, just keep in mind that any military offense towards other player nations will be based on military might and dice, regardless of race.

Last edited:
They would scatter about into various city state areas then likely say they own the oceans and extort tribute abd payment out of ships in return for safe and swift travel. But more or less there would be a city in every ocean and while they can't truly own all the ocean it is hard to claim that when anyone can point out who really does

I don't imagine they'd have many friends among the other nations if they're extorting tributes.

I mean honestly it is closer to a toll or tax for transporting goods through thier waters just like transportong goods through other kingdoms you pay a toll or tax or tribute

Yep I know what you mean. Though, whether players agree with it, or whether it sparks hostilities from sea-trading nations is certainly something to consider as well.

Yep like I said they aren't the nicest bunch and I know they would have a negative reputation.

Though again I may change the idea as it is hard to be the arrogant masters of the ocean when you exist because something feels you aren't worth the bother

Last edited:
it is hard to be the arrogant masters of the ocean when you exulist because something feels you aren't worth the bother

Indeed it is. Especially when one has competition. Land-dwelling conquerors face the same trouble.

Well there is a difference between competition like another nation and a diety swiming around or does the land have its iwn active and hostile dieties?

Well there is a difference between competition like another nation and a diety swiming around or does the land have its iwn active and hostile dieties?

No player is playing gods. And all races are limited to the same rp restrictions, regardless of whether a player plays a race of giants or leviathans.

Yes but I am talking lore and by the leviathans lore there is a deity in every ocean that is very active and given you have given your okay that can be treated as fact

Yes but I am talking lore and by the leviathans lore there is a deity in every ocean that is very active and given you have given your okay that can be treated as fact

Yes. However, if the leviathan chooses to attack any player ship for any reason, a dice is rolled to determine the outcome unless both parties agree to let one be the victor. Leviathans can be referred to as 'deities' all they want. But if the human nation has a greater military might+dice, then the bullet of the Captain goes through the leviathan's brain and it dies (or whatever the winning player decides). That's how this rp works.

That said, I'm fine with whatever race you decide to go with.

The sea serpents are the gods. Not the leviathans and from what I understand the sea serpents are meant to be absolutely massive

The sea serpents are the gods. Not the leviathans and from what I understand the sea serpents are meant to be absolutely massive

lol, in that case it's up to player creativity how the results are written. There's a reason I gave nations stats.

I haven't added battle mechanisms into the lore section yet, but I will soon enough (as soon as I figure out how i want it to work). The first stage/arc probably won't involve any battling anyway. Players need to build up their kingdoms first.

Yeah like I said this is less about mechanics and more about feel having a rival in the leviathans is all well and good or even an ally . My issue is in more and presentation as it is hard to present any image of being powerful or a master of something when you live praying the nearby god dosent destory your whole nation tomorrow

hmm, alright. I think I understand. While I don't necessarily agree, you're free to choose the race you think you'd enjoy playing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back