• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Chronicle of the Scavenger Lands (Exalted 3E) - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Yeah, sorry I just deleted my post and then put it up again.

I wanted to give you the choice of either focusing on getting inside Elua, or exploring the ruin. But on second thoughts, I was concerned about how long it would take to get a consensus from the group, wary as I was of slowing the story's pace too much.

I thought shadowlands were created by masses of people being killed somewhere, rather than just being interred somewhere.

Six of one, half dozen of another. It also can depend on the capricious whims of the Storyteller.

Red Shadow Claws Red Shadow Claws
I think I should clarify that the Catacombs of Elua are not actually part of the ruins that Quill pointed out to the others. They're a completely separate thing that, until now, no-one realized was actually connected to the abandoned palace the group just traveled through.

If Quill wants to use his knowledge to find exceptional equipment for the troops, that's fine. But he'll have to look inside the abandoned palace.

Red Shadow Claws Red Shadow Claws
I think I should clarify that the Catacombs of Elua are not actually part of the ruins that Quill pointed out to the others. They're a completely separate thing that, until now, no-one realized was actually connected to the abandoned palace the group just traveled through.

If Quill wants to use his knowledge to find exceptional equipment for the troops, that's fine. But he'll have to look inside the abandoned palace.

We discussed this after I made the Lore check. If I had known, I would have posted about it before.

Yeah, looking at the message thread in question, you did indeed request permission to include usable weapons and armor down there. And I forgot all about it later on. Whoops.

In terms of narrative, the Catacombs of Elua were just something I put in to explain how the exalts and army could get back to the surface once they'd gotten inside the city via the ruins. And I also wanted to provide a bit of an explanation as to why no-one in Nalia ever discovered the ruins in all the years since the kingdom's founding, because logically they would have fortified or barred them somehow if they had, in order to prevent an enemy from doing exactly what the group's done; sneak an army past the city's defenses.

Last edited:
Or maybe a sea of unused bones that we have to wade through... only to find that there is a monster swimming underneath its surface...

Or a bunch of abyssal necrotechs using the place as walmart for all their material needs and have set up their lab there.

Funnily enough, I do have one idea for a hazard you lot could run into underground, assuming you all don't mind delaying the capture of Elua for a bit.

My guess is that this lock is keyed to the anima flare of a Twilight Caste Solar.

I did imagine it just being dark colored steel, but I have to admit, Black Jade's certainly more impressive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back