• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Chronicle of the Scavenger Lands (Exalted 3E) - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
I'm also at least partially at fault. I had a pretty busy week and it kept slipping my mind when I wasn't busy. I'll post today.

When Ysandre asks about Melisande's ambitions, Arumi tilts her head thoughtfully. "Perhaps her end goal is power? That would certainly explain why she courted and then married Quincel, and might also explain why the old king was poisoned. As for what's happening in Nalia now, it could just be the fallout from all of that, a natural consequence of regicide..."
So, I missed this the first time around. My only original statement was that the king fell ill and died. Is the statement that he was poisoned a fact or just Arumi's belief?

So, I missed this the first time around. My only original statement was that the king fell ill and died. Is the statement that he was poisoned a fact or just Arumi's belief?

My apologies. I must have confused the information I'm keeping to myself with what I've shared among the players.

I believe I've previously implied that the king died through underhanded means (in this post, for example), though I don't recall whether I actually confirmed it. For now though, I'll just say that Arumi has this pegged as a poisoning; she may or may not be right.

Esbilon Esbilon
Also, this map that Ysandre wants, what details do you want me to include on it? Anything that's of particular importance?

Esbilon Esbilon
Also, this map that Ysandre wants, what details do you want me to include on it? Anything that's of particular importance?
Mostly just where the different duchies are in relation to each other so we know if it would make sense to march the army through Aliker's land before going to the capital and if we could expect to pick up friendly troops along the way. Rushing the capital is an option, but it depends on how much whack-a-mole we need to play afterwards.

Rykon Rykon Do you think we might need a catapult or some such to attack the castle? This could be a suitable place for Quill to make a Major Craft Project, though i'd probably need to invest in it

Welp, that's my latest info dump done.

In terms of measuring distance, I'm largely using the 2E travel times, as described on pg 264 of that edition's player handbook.

Welp, that's my latest info dump done.

In terms of measuring distance, I'm largely using the 2E travel times, as described on pg 264 of that edition's player handbook.
Thanks a bunch! Just to check, are you planning on making an actual map version? If not, I might see about scaling the scavengerlands map up and putting it on a hex grid.

Thanks a bunch! Just to check, are you planning on making an actual map version? If not, I might see about scaling the scavengerlands map up and putting it on a hex grid.

I don't think I'll have time for that today; you can go ahead and do so if you want.

Quill looks over the map. He didn't have much to contribute thus far, since he wasn't much of a general, and wasn't one for words, not as much as others in this circle were. And the best he could offer the rebellion were... jewellry?!

But poring over the map, something caught his eyes. Sure, Ysandre has done a bit of a drawing of this region, but this map was much better detailed, and so, the dots connected...

Spending 10 motes on Lore Excellency, and gaining 1 auto success from Harmonious Academic Methodology, and 1 from Lore-Inducing Concentration, and also, reroll all 6s until they no longer appear.
So, 20 dice on the roll

With a difficulty of five, Quill succeeds with 9 threshold successes.

I don't think I'll have time for that today; you can go ahead and do so if you want.
So, I didn't manage to make anything pretty, but this should be serviceable. The grid size is 15 miles and I've marked reasonable areas of interest for the various duchies in the various colors. Let me know if I should change anything.

Attachments

• Nalia.png
    Nalia.png
    182.6 KB · Views: 9
So will we be splitting up then? Some going to Eula and some going to Roche de Blanc and Castle Aliker?

My thought was for the party go to to Elua and get control there, then once that's accomplished split up with maybe Zed taking care of the displaced populcae and Ryan defeating the evil lords.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back