• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Chronicle of the Scavenger Lands (Exalted 3E) - IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Inside the room, the Sidereal throws his arms apart, forcing Ailera back a few steps. He stands up, but before he can make another move, both he and Ailera hear the sound of Zedradon's grimscythe smashing into the door. Seconds later, the soulsteel blade bursts through the woodwork, though the door itself remains standing.

"It seems that one of your friends has noticed your absence." the Sidereal says to Ailera. "I've no intention of fighting a battle I can't be certain of winning. But know this, Ailera. You and the other Solars WILL accept our guidance. After all...it's the only way Creation can prosper."

Having said that, he closes his eyes, as if trying to focus on his innermost thoughts. His body then starts to become more translucent, as the green and red lights begin dimming.

The Sidereal is attempting to use Avoidance Kata. Having taken 3 actions, the difficulty is 6. However, he again reduces the target number down to 4. As a result, he succeeds.

Then all of a sudden he vanishes completely, as does the red and green light he was emitting, moments before Zedradon succeeds in breaking down the door. Something strange also happens to Ailera's memory; she remembers the Sidereal being here and fighting with her, but she also remembers the exact opposite; that he wasn't here, and didn't fight with her. Whatever the case, he's gone for now.

Last edited:
Taking a few deep breaths, Ailera leans over and places her hands on her knees. She looks up as Zedradon comes running in, wondering just what in the name of the Unconquered Sun just happened. Didn't I just have a fight with . . . whatever his name was? That Sidereal that got everyone of my old crew killed? She stands up straight, looking around for any signs of her foe, but only sees the one dead guard she killed.

Ailera is still trying to determine if she is going out of her mind as she says, "Uh. What. Just. Happened? Zedradon? Did you see anyone run out past you as you came in? I think I was just fighting someone, but . . . at the same time, I wasn't. I know it doesn't make any sense, but it's true. I feel very confused right now."
Tiger Form Active
Increasing Strength Exercise Active

Essence: 1
Personal: 13 / 3
Peripheral: 33 (23) / 4
Committed: 10
Willpower: 7 / 5

Join Battle: 6 +3 Successes

Natural Soak: 2 (+3)
Armored Soak: 5
Total Soak: 7 (+3)

Parry: 6
Evasion: 5
Resolve: 3
Guile: 4

Health Levels
[ ] 0
[ ][ ] -1
[ ][ ] -2
[ ] -4
[ ] I

Kicking remains of the door down, he entered fully prepared for a fight. Only to find no enemy around as he scanned the gatehouse.

"Axtis, are you okay? " he asked, before listening to her.

Zedradon narrowed his eyes. "No. No one came through. But I heard sounds of fighting and saw a bright flash of green light. Something was definitely going down in here." He explained.

He approached her, without asking for permission, he put a hand on her chin to begin a quick inspection. Feeling the temperature of her skin, checking her eyes and the dilation of her pupils, moving slightly to see if her eyes followed normally. As well as a quick glance for any signs of wounds. Looking for signs of a concussion or trauma or drug. Or even something more nefarious like malfean brain worms.

He even went as far to to extend a bit of his essence into her to check her own essence flows see if perhaps an exalt had done something that might have effected her in such a way.

Flawless Diagnosis Technique
Cost: 1m; Mins: Medicine 1, Essence 1
Type: Supplemental
Keywords: None
Duration: Instant
Prerequisite Charms: None

The Solar hones her medical abilities to an unearthly degree. By examining a patient closely and hearing about his symptoms, the Exalt can flawlessly diagnose his illness. This Charm supplements a (Perception + Medicine) attempt to generate a formal diagnosis, preventing the Solar from making any error in her analysis. Note that this Charm does not provide the Exalt with a vast storehouse of medical knowledge, but is based on her Lore and Medicine ratings. If the character encounters an unfamiliar disease, she is able to determine its general type and whether it is magical in nature. Though she may not always know exactly what she is looking at, this Charm guarantees she will never misdiagnose a patient. Lastly, if she encounters a disease which she specializes in treating, or which she has flawlessly diagnosed more than five times in a season, then she gains one mote each time she diagnoses it through the use of this Charm.
Spending one more for the Charm. Has 4 dots in lore and a specialty in negative afflictions.

Pool for Medicine + Perception = 9
Successes = 6

From his examination, Zedradon finds no illness or injury in Ailera, only that she has expended most of her Essence and is clearly stressed and winded, as if she has recently been in a serious fight with someone she has unpleasant memories of.

Seconds later, the small group of guards Zedradon had seen going to break down the door burst into the room. Two of them are carrying heavy axes, which they had no doubt intended to use on the door. At the sight of Zedradon and Ailera, they stop short, unsure if they should attack the two "Anathema" or run.

"Hmmm." Zedradom grunted. "You look fine. But you were indeed exerting yourself. Safe to say that something went down in here. Tell me more about this later. I want to hear more about who you were fighting. If you are well enough to fight, We need to go help the others."

The doctor wasnt all that satisfied with his diagnosis. But she seemed fine. He would inquire more later. His time in Thorns, he had seen his fair share of minds being broken and warped. Abyssals having memories ripped from them. And other such mind games. Better to be safe than sorry.

As the guards came in. Zedradon turned around. His caste mark now unmistakable.

As if to answer for them, he spoke. "Don't try it. You have already lost. Go tend to your wounded brethren. I'll help you when fighting has ended."

Ryan steps about Arumi's flank and drives his Daiklave toward her legs to sweep her onto her back with one overwhelming swing.

[Using Excellent Strike and 2m Excellency for 1 Success, 2 dice, and rerolling 1s just because I don't trust my luck right now. 9 total successes.]

Battle for the fortress
Meekly, the guards turn around and exit the room, leaving Zedradon and Ailera alone again.

Down below, Ryan's men continue to pour through the gate, with a few going up onto the walls to subdue the defending archers before they can loose more arrows. Seeing this, the archers fall back, moving towards the keep along the walls, putting themselves in medium range of where Axtis is positioned.

Ryan's men start to move towards the fortress's keep, where Ryan and Ganzin are fighting with Arumi. They soon find their way blocked however by the fortress's defenders, who by now have rallied into an army of roughly 200 guards, all standing ready to drive back the invaders. The survivors among the group Zedradon fought earlier, as well as the handful who saw him and Ailera in the gatehouse earlier, are among the defenders, and at the head of the defending force, riding a simhata and clad in his Black Jade Lamellar Armor, is Arumi's brother Masaru.

Up on the top levels of the keep, an old man in robes walks out onto a balcony, and begins manipulating the flow of Essence around him in preparation for Sorcery. It would seem that either Ailera missed a sorcerer during her previous jaunt into the fortress, or the fortress simply borrowed one from the other side of the river, after discovering the deaths of their two sorcerers.

D. Rex D. Rex and Sherwood Sherwood , I'll need the two of you to make Join Battle Rolls if you want to rejoin the battle.

Psychie Psychie , please roll Perception + Awareness

Current Round
Ailera = 7
Zedradon = 7
Masaru = 7
Archers (Size 2, Average Drill, Might 0) = 7 (Mag. 5/9)
Defenders (Size 3, Average Drill, Might 0) = 5
Ryan's Men (Size 3, Average Drill, Might 0) = 5
Sorcerer = 4
Axtis = 3 (Aiming)

Last edited:
Ailera takes another deep breath, feeling herself calm once more. "The fighting is still going on outside. We should go and aid our fellows."
A total of 7i for my Join Battle roll.

Tiger Form Active

Health Levels
[ ] 0
[ ][ ] -1
[ ][ ] -2
[ ] -4
[ ] I

"Your wisdom will bear fruit." Zed commented to the guards who stood down.

He turned his fellow Exalt. "That we should."

Initiative:7

Battle for the fortress
Within the keep, an archer clad in Green Jade Lamellar armor takes aim at Axtis with a Green Jade Powerbow through one of the building's windows. He holds his breath, steadying his aim, and then looses his arrow.

By some instinct, Axtis spots him out of the corner of her eye, seeing him taking aim at her, and reacts just in time to narrowly avoid his arrow.

Without further ado, let's get the final stage of this battle underway in earnest! Sherwood Sherwood and D. Rex D. Rex , I'll let the both of you go first.

Current Round
Ailera = 7 <----
Zedradon = 7 <----
Masaru = 7
Sorcerer = 4
Archer = 4 (Long Range)
Axtis = 3 (Aiming)

Last edited:
With her decision made to rejoin the battle, Ailera turns to run down the stairs, looking for high priority targets of officers that are trying to rally the troops.

4 successes on a Perception roll
Tiger Form Active

Health Levels
[ ] 0
[ ][ ] -1
[ ][ ] -2
[ ] -4
[ ] I

Battle for the fortress
From what Ailera can make out, there is but a single high priority target rallying the troops, and it's Masaru, extolling his men to stand strong against the invaders as he draws a pair of Black Jade Short Daiklaves.

Ryan and Ganzin vs Arumi
Arumi grits her teeth and swings her blade downwards, deflecting Ryan's low attack. There's a troubled look on her face as she does this, as if she realizes she's bitten off more than she can chew here.

Nearby, the guards charge and stab at Ganzin, sensing weakness from the Fire Aspect. Ganzin narrowly deflects the numerous spear thrusts aimed at him, and then goes on the offensive with a sweeping swing of his Guandao, killing three guards and making the others jump back as the Fire Aspect's step becomes surer.

With 10 Damage, Ganzin succeeds in demolishing the guards' entire magnitude track. They succeed in their rout check, however.

Meanwhile, Arumi jumps back and lashes out at Ryan's neck with her weapon.

Attack roll got 7 successes. Rykon Rykon , declare your defense.

Current Round
Arumi = 18 (Glowing Anima) <----
Ryan = 7 <----
Courtyard Guards (Size 2, Average Drill, Might 0) = 6 <----
Ganzin = (Burning Anima) -1 <----

Current Round x2
Arumi = 15 (Glowing Anima) <----
Ganzin = (Burning Anima) 10
Ryan = 7
Courtyard Guards (Size 1, Average Drill, Might 0) = 6

Next Round
Arumi = 15 (Glowing Anima)
Ganzin = 10 (Burning Anima)
Ryan = 7
Courtyard Guards (Size 1, Average Drill, Might 0) = 6

Last edited:
Zedradon would follow after Ailera to give her what aid he could. With Ryan's men pouring in, the gatehouse was effectively secured, so ending this fighting seemed the best choice.

Anima (Glowing)

Ryan drives the Daiklave blade down, pommel up, as an anchor to vault over Arumi's weapon while blade struck against blade. When he swung down overhead he wrenched the sword downward like a knife cutting a vegetable on a cutting board. "You'll have to be quicker than that Huntress!"

[The stunt brings Ryan's parry from 7 to 8 at least. Rolling for a Withering Attack again. Same charms. 11 net successes]

Ailera gives Zed a grin as she points out the focus of her attention. "There. That one is trying to rally the defenses. Would you like to join me in dealing with him?" She barely waits for an answer as she sets out at an easy run towards the one with the twin swords.
Tiger Form Active

Personal: 13 / 8

Health Levels
[ ] 0
[ ][ ] -1
[ ][ ] -2
[ ] -4
[ ] I

Zedradon nodded to her after locking his eyes on the dragon blooded she pointed out. "We can't have that, now can we?"

"That I would. I am right behind you." He affirmed, and indeed ran behind her. It looked like this one was effectively the heart of the troops. By felling him, them it was likely the rest would route or surrender.

Grimscythe
Type: Heavy (+1 ACC, +14 DMG, +0 DEF, OVW 5)
Tags: Lethal, Melee, Piercing, Reaching, Two-Handed

Personal: 13
Peripheral: 33/27
Willpower: 5

Join Battle: 6, +3 Successes

Natural Soak: 3
Total Soak: 8

Hardness: 4 (At Bonfire Anima)
Mobility Penalty: -1

Evasion: 3

Resolve: 4
Guile: 1

Health Levels
-0 ●
-1 ●●●●
-2 ●●●●● ●
-4 ●
I ●

Battle for the Fortress
Sherwood Sherwood and D. Rex D. Rex , do either of you want to attack Masaru?

Current Round
Ailera = 7 <----
Zedradon = 7 <----
Masaru = 7
Sorcerer = 4
Archer = 4 (Long Range)
Axtis = 3 (Aiming)

Ryan and Ganzin vs Arumi
Nearby, Ganzin continues to press his attack on the mortal soldiers. With a few swings of his guandao, all of them are dead, wounded or running, and the Fire Aspect turns his attention back to where Ryan and Arumi are fighting.

Left utterly surprised by his defensive tactic, Arumi is unable to properly parry Ryan's follow-up blow, and the force of it sends her falling onto her backside, though she manages to quickly scramble back to her feet. By this point, with her troops out of the picture, and her opponents being a Solar and a vengeful-looking Dragon-blood, her expression is now nothing but fear.

Rykon Rykon , your attack hits with 5 threshold successes. Arumi's Soak and Hardness are 11 and 7, respectively. Roll damage.

Current Round
Arumi = 15 (Glowing Anima) Moved
Ganzin = 10 (Burning Anima) Moved
Ryan = 7 <----

Next Round
Ganzin = 16 Burning Anima)
Arumi = 15 (Glowing Anima)
Ryan = 7

Decided not to bother with rolling for Ganzin, and just give him 6 initiative instead; by that point, the mortal soldiers are no real threat to anyone, and I felt that I was having to make way too many rolls for each of my posts at this point anyway.

As she runs in closer, Ailera will use her Charm of Monkey Leap Technique to propel herself into the air, hoping that the chaos of the battle raging around them will help to cover her approach from above. As she comes down, the Night Caste will twist herself around and tries a Withering attack to knock the enemy leader off his balance.

5 successes to hit.
Tiger Form Active

Frost Thorn Knuckles
Type: Light (+5 ACC, +10 DMG, +0 DEF, OVW 3)

Personal: 13 / 8
Peripheral: 33 (23) / 2

Health Levels
[ ] 0
[ ][ ] -1
[ ][ ] -2
[ ] -4
[ ] I

Unlike Ailera, Zedradon opts to charge in full frontal. Raising his scythe, he runs, as if to keep the attention on him rather than the flying rogue, furthering the chaos present.

With scythe held high, he would bring it down in a viscous strike into the chest of the dragon blooded. With full intent on making the traitor bleed. And as if on queue, the banner of his anima flared to life.

Excellency 5 (5mt)
Stunt 2

Withering Successes: 6
Weapon tags, piercing/reach

Anima (burning)
Grimscythe
Type: Heavy (+1 ACC, +14 DMG, +0 DEF, OVW 5)
Tags: Lethal, Melee, Piercing, Reaching, Two-Handed

Peripheral: 33/27
Willpower: 5

Join Battle: 6, +3 Successes

Natural Soak: 3
Total Soak: 8

Hardness: 4 (At Bonfire Anima)
Mobility Penalty: -1

Evasion: 3

Resolve: 4
Guile: 1

Health Levels
-0 ●
-1 ●●●●
-2 ●●●●● ●
-4 ●
I ●

Masaru grimaces as Zedradon and Ailera come towards him. Channelling his Essence, he deflects both blows one after another. Glaring at the two Solars from atop his Simhata and behind the visor of his helmet, he twirls his Daiklaves in his hands before drawing them in alongside his arms, a gesture both Zedradon and Ailera recognize as Steel Devil Form.

The archers on the walls take aim at Ryan's men, who charge forward to engage the defenders, Sergeant Tannis leading them. They get the worst of the exchange in spite of this, the defenders ignoring the Solars for the time being.

Both groups have Parry 4. Ryan's men fail to make a dent in the enemy ranks, while the defenders succeed with 4 threshold successes. I believe that's 21 raw damage, minus 11 soak, leaving 10 damage dice. Ryan's men take 3 damage to their magnitude.

Also, I probably should have said that the defenders attacked Zed and Ailera as well, but by that point I'd already moved ahead in the posting order.

Up within the keep, the sorcerer continues shaping his sorcery, while the archer takes aim at Axtis again.

Your move, Psychie Psychie

Current Round
Ailera = 7 Moved
Zedradon = 7 Moved
Masaru = 7 Moved
Archers (Size 2, Average Drill, Might 0, Aiming) = 7 (Mag. 5/9) Moved
Defenders (Size 3, Average Drill, Might 0) = 5 Moved
Ryan's Men (Size 3, Average Drill, Might 0) = 5 (Mag 7/10) Moved
Sorcerer = 4 (Shaping Sorcery, 3/15) Moved
Dragon-blood archer = 4 (Long Range, Aiming) Moved
Axtis = 3 (Aiming) <----

Next Round
Ailera = 7
Zedradon = 7
Masaru = 7
Ryan's Men (Size 3, Average Drill, Might 0) = 5 (Mag 7/10)
Sorcerer = 4 (Shaping Sorcery, 3/15)
Dragon-blood archer = 4 (Long Range)
Axtis = 3 (Aiming)

Last edited:
Axtis finishes her Aim on the archer, and with her Essence-charged arrow ready, she fires.

EDITED
Spending 10m on my Archery Excellency. Rerolling my to hit.

9 successes to hit.

Health Levels
- 0 [ ]
- 1 [ ][ ][ ]
- 2 [ ][ ][ ][ ]
- 4 [ ]
I

Willpower: 7 / 6

Peripheral: 33 (23) / 12