• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Chronicle of the Scavenger Lands (Exalted 3E) - IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Fight within the Gatehouse
The Sidereal glares at Ailera, his countenance becoming furious, as if angry at her for being a match for him. He is nevertheless sent staggering back due to being thrown off-balance, opening himself up for a follow up attack.

Your move again, Sherwood Sherwood

Current round
Ailera = 18 <----
Sidereal = 4

Next round
Ailera = 18
Sidereal = 4

Gatehouse Battle
Shouts of alarm envelop the archers on one side of the gatehouse wall as Axtis's arrow explodes deep within their ranks, with nearly all of the archers launched screaming from the top of the wall.

The guards still fighting Zedradon move forward, stabbing at him with their spears from all sides, but he is able to parry them all with ease.

The archers on the opposite side of the gatehouse frantically look around for the source of the explosive arrow. One of them spots Axtis, and he and the others begin aiming in her direction.

As this happens, Zedradon is saved from facing the entirety of the gatehouse guards on his own when Ryan's men come charging through the open gate. The lieutenant in charge shouts an urgent command to the gatehouse guards, who hastily attempt to form a spear-wall against the new attackers, who draw their swords and begin hacking away at the defenders.

[Attack hits with three threshold successes. With Soak of 8, that's 7 damage dice. One success.]

Your move again, D. Rex D. Rex

Current round
Zedradon = 16 <----
Gatehouse Guards (Size 2, Average Drill, Might 0) = 7 (Mag. 2/9)
Gatehouse Archers (Size 2, Average Drill, Might 0) = 7 (Mag. 5/9, Aiming)
Ryan's Men (Size 3) = 5
Axtis = 3

Next round
Zedradon = 16
Ryan's Men (Size 3) = 5
Axtis = 3

Last edited:
Ailera keeps up the pressure on the Sidereal, jumping up to her feet and driving her foe back. With the success of her last attack, Ailera decides to change things up a bit and shift her attack to a upper body slash instead of going for the legs again.
Spending 5m on my Dex Excellency - 15 successes to hit

Tiger Form Active
Increasing Strength Exercise Active

Essence: 1
Personal: 13 / 3
Peripheral: 33 (23) / 18
Committed: 10
Willpower: 7 / 6

Join Battle: 6 +3 Successes

Natural Soak: 2 (+3)
Armored Soak: 5
Total Soak: 7 (+3)

Parry: 6
Evasion: 5
Resolve: 3
Guile: 4

Health Levels
[ ] 0
[ ][ ] -1
[ ][ ] -2
[ ] -4
[ ] I

Before Ailera's attack can land, she suddenly witnesses an aura of scarlet Essence burst into being around the Sidereal, and the Sign of Secrets appears on his forehead, shining in bright green light. Then he suddenly moves forward, coming within the reach of Ailera's arms, and raises his forearms up into the path of Ailera's wrists, which thud harmlessly against them.

After stopping Ailera's attack, he counters by shooting his right hand out in another straight punch aimed at Ailera's chest, which she narrowly avoids.

The Sidereal follows up on his counter by throwing a palm strike straight to Ailera's abdomen.

The Sidereal is using Blade of the Battle Maiden for 8m of Peripheral Essence, as well as Crimson Palm Counterstrike for 5m of Personal Essence, while also using 2m of Personal Essence to reduce the target number of his rolls to 5. As a result, his Anima goes up to Glowing, and his Parry defense goes up to 10. With 10 successes on the Crimson Palm roll, he negates Ailera's attack roll with 5 threshold successes, which he uses for his counter. He gets 5 successes on his counterattack roll, which Ailera can negate with either Evasion or Parry.

For the Sidereal's attack, he uses his usual 15 dice, plus another 4 for the bonus granted by Blade of the Battle Maiden. He also spends 3 motes of Peripheral Essence to bring the target number down to 4. As a result, he gets 12 successes.

Last edited:
For the Sidereal's attack, he uses his usual 15 dice, plus another 4 for the bonus granted by Blade of the Battle Maiden. He also spends 3 motes of Peripheral Essence to bring the target number down to 4. As a result, he gets 12 successes.
My Parry DV is 6, and my Soak is 10. Can I increase my DV by using my Excellency, or is it too late for that?

With a spin of his scythe, Zedradon batted away the tips of the spears, but so too came the fortune of Ryan's men coming. Good. Would mean he wouldnt have to guard the gatehouse for much longer.

But right now he had to help them in. His caste mark began to glow on his forehead as his anima came to life. Zedradon took another wide swing, this time at the wall of spear being formed. To give Ryan's men an easy entrance.

Withering attack
Pool: 12+Excellency 5 = 17
Successes: 10

Spending 5 motes

Anima - Glowing

Seeing that the attack is unsuccessful, Ailera tumbles backwards in an acrobatic somersault to gain some range on the counterattack heading towards her, using her Essence to make herself move even faster than the mortal eye could follow. Damn he's fast! I need to find another way out of here!
Spending 8m to boost my DV to 10, and with the stunt, it raises my DV to a total of 12. That should cancel out all of his successes to hit.
Rolling Per + Awareness to see if there is another way out. 5 successes on the roll

Tiger Form Active

Peripheral: 33 (23) / 13

Health Levels
[ ] 0
[ ][ ] -1
[ ][ ] -2
[ ] -4
[ ] I

As the Sidereal slowly walks towards her, Ailera spots four windows large enough for her to jump through on each side of the room, one set facing outside the fortress's walls, the other facing into the courtyard where Zedradon and Ryan's men are fighting with the guards.
You can take another action here.

Gatehouse Battle
Against a Parry defense of 4, Zedradon's attack succeeds with 6 threshold successes. Soak is 8, roll Damage.

As a result of Zedradon's scythe swings, only a dozen guards are left in the fight, the others dead, wounded or running. The remaining twelve soon realize they're outmatched, and attempt to disengage from Zedradon, some of them carrying their wounded comrades away from the "Anathema". Ryan's men pursue and continue to harry them.

Current round
Zedradon = 16 Moved
Gatehouse Guards (Size 1, Average Drill, Might 0) = 7 (Mag. 4/8) <----
Gatehouse Archers (Size 2, Average Drill, Might 0) = 7 (Mag. 5/9, Aiming) <----
Ryan's Men (Size 3) = 5
Axtis = 3

Next round
Zedradon = 23
Ryan's Men (Size 3) = 5
Axtis = 3

Soldiers have Willpower of 4.

Last edited:
Psychie Psychie

Having aimed, the surviving archers on the walls loose a volley of arrows at Axtis, but she is able to avoid it. (Withering attack, 3 successes)

Current round
Zedradon = 16 Moved
Gatehouse Guards (Size 1, Average Drill, Might 0) = 7 (Mag. 4/8) Moved
Gatehouse Archers (Size 2, Average Drill, Might 0) = 7 (Mag. 5/9) <----
Ryan's Men (Size 3) = 5
Axtis = 3

Next round
Zedradon = 23
Gatehouse Archers (Size 2, Average Drill, Might 0) = 7 (Mag. 5/9)
Ryan's Men (Size 3) = 5
Axtis = 3

Last edited:
"Huh. Tiger form." remarks the Sidereal, as he moves to stand side-on to Ailera. This slight minimizing of his target area is the only precaution he takes, before he darts forward again and his right hand shoots out with fingers outstretched, this time aiming for Ailera's throat. She manages to avoid the attack easily enough, suggesting that fate either isn't on the Sidereal's side, or he's simply toying with her.

Sherwood Sherwood , you're up.

Current round
Sidereal = 15 (Moved)
Ailera = 6 <----

Next round
Sidereal = 15
Ailera = 6
===

Gatehouse Battle

The soldiers at the gatehouse aim their spears towards Zedradon. Up on the wall on either side of the gatehouse, about two-dozen archers can be seen moving into position to shoot at Ryan's men.

Your move D. Rex D. Rex

Current round
Zedradon = 9 <----
Axtis = 8
Gatehouse Guards (Size 2, Average Drill, Might 0) = 7
Gatehouse Archers (Size 2, Average Drill, Might 0) = 7
Ryan's Men (Size 3) = 5

Next round
Zedradon = 9
Axtis = 8
Gatehouse Guards (Size 2, Average Drill, Might 0) = 7
Gatehouse Archers (Size 2, Average Drill, Might 0) = 7
Ryan's Men (Size 3) = 5
===

Central Courtyard Battle

Within the courtyard, Arumi draws her Daiklave - a weapon of Black Jade - as her men move to surround and engage Ryan and Ganzin.

Ganzin looks to Ryan, ready to follow his lead.

Make thy move, Rykon Rykon

Current Round
Courtyard Guards (Size 2, Average Drill, Might 0) = 8 (Engaging) <----
Ryan = 7 <----
Ganzin = 7 <----
Arumi = 4

Next Round
Ryan = 7
Ganzin = 7
Courtyard Guards (Size 2, Average Drill, Might 0) = 6
Arumi = 4
Ryan ignores the moving guards, chosing instead to leap high over their frontline. With the gleaming daiklave overhead he brings it down like a hammer on a nail, aiming to knock Arumi off-balance from the beginning.

[Withering Attack, nothing special aside from the stunt. 5 successes]

Central Courtyard Battle
As Ryan leaps over the guards encircling him, he sees Arumi narrow her eyes, before the blade of her Daiklave suddenly splits into several segments connected to one another by a line of Black Jade wire running through them, effectively turning her weapon into a bladed dire chain. Arumi then swings the blade horizontally up at Ryan, parrying away the stroke of Warden as her own weapon whips against it.

Moments after this, Ganzin too comes leaping towards Arumi, flames enveloping his body as he swings his guandao at the Water Aspect, who deflects it with a swirl of her dire chain.

Gritting her teeth, Arumi then lashes at Ganzin, a blue aura emerging around her body as she attacks. Ganzin fails to deflect the attack in time, and is driven back several steps with a yell of pain, the blade leaving a bloody scar on his chest

Arumi has a Parry of 6. She parries Ryan's attack away without trouble, but has to spend 4m of Peripheral Essence to deflect Ganzin's attack. She then spends another 4m to gain 4 bonus dice for her attack. Ganzin's Parry is 5, so against 9 successes he's unable to defend. With no soak, he takes 8 initiative damage, getting crashed, while Arumi gets 14 initiative, bonuses coming from landing the attack and Initiative Break.

Current Round
Courtyard Guards (Size 2, Average Drill, Might 0) = 8 (Engaging) Moved
Ryan = 7 Moved
Ganzin = 7 (Burning Anima) <----
Arumi = 4 (Glowing Anima) <----

Next Round
Arumi = 18 (Glowing Anima)
Ryan = 7
Ganzin = (Burning Anima) -1

Gatehouse Battle
With the guards giving ground, Ryan's men surge in through the opened gates and lay into their enemies.

Your move again, Psychie Psychie

Current round
Zedradon = 16 Moved
Gatehouse Guards (Size 1, Average Drill, Might 0) = 7 (Mag. 4/8) Moved
Gatehouse Archers (Size 2, Average Drill, Might 0) = 7 (Mag. 5/9) Moved
Ryan's Men (Size 3) = 5 <----
Axtis = 3 <----

Next round
Zedradon = 23
Gatehouse Guards (Size 1, Average Drill, Might 0) = 7 (Mag. 4/8)
Ryan's Men (Size 3, Average Drill, Might 0) = 5
Axtis = 3

Last edited:
Central Courtyard Battle
Arumi follows up her attack by turning on Ryan, sending her bladed chain towards Warden with a sweep of her arm in an attempt to snag it and rip it from his hands. He is able to pull it out of the chain's grasp before she can do so, however.
Arumi is spending 6m of Personal Essence for her attack. Her 7 successes are not enough to beat Ryan's Parry of 7 however, so she loses 3 initiative.

Your move, Rykon Rykon

Current Round
Arumi = 18 (Glowing Anima) <----
Ryan = 7 <----

Next Round
Arumi = 15 (Glowing Anima)
Ryan = 7

Last edited:
Seeing the window, Ailera briefly debates on trying to jump out of it, but decides to give this fight another go before running for the aid of others. I hit him once; lets see if I can do it again. She crouches down, seemingly out of breath, but then explodes up in a mighty jump that is an Essence fueled arc towards the Sidereal. With a loud, wordless scream, Ailera brings her claws down on the old man, hoping to be able to end this once and for all.
Using Thunderbolt Attack Prana, and spending 10m on my Excellency for a Decisive attack. Finally, I'm going to spend a WP to channel my Intimacy of Hatred of Sidereals to add another 3 dice to my to-hit effort. That gives me a total pool of 27 dice to hit. If this don't work, I'm out the window.

14 Successes to hit.

Tiger Form Active

Peripheral: 33 (23) / 4
Willpower: 7 / 5

Health Levels
[ ] 0
[ ][ ] -1
[ ][ ] -2
[ ] -4
[ ] I

Keeping her attention on the archers, Axtis begins to move closer, taking aim at them as she does so.
Edited my post to remove my attack.

Health Levels
- 0 [ ]
- 1 [ ][ ][ ]
- 2 [ ][ ][ ][ ]
- 4 [ ]
I

Personal: 13
Peripheral: 33 (23) / 17

Join Battle: 10 +3 Successes

Parry: 4
Evasion: 6
Guile: 1

Soak: 3
Armored Soak: 8
Hardness: 7
Total Soak: 11

Summer Thunder
Type: Medium (+12 DMG, OVW 4)
Accuracy: Close −1; Short +5; Medium +3; Long +1; Extreme −1
Tags: Lethal, Archery (Long), Mounted
Hearthstone slot(s): 1

Last edited:
The Sidereal raises both his arms, this time trying to take the impact of Ailera's claws on his seemingly unprotected forearms. A blaze of anima, the colour of which alternates between green and red, surrounds his body as he does this, so bright it bathes the room in viridian and crimson coloured light.

When Ailera's claws connect, they fail to even cut into the Sidereal's sleeves, as if his forearms were cushioned by the red and green aura. That said, the impact does force him down onto one knee with an audible grunt, and he gives the Solar a grudging look of respect.

"Heh...it seems I underestimated how much you could achieve without my guidance, Ailera..."

Again, the Sidereal is using Crimson Palm Counterstrike for 5m, as well as 3m to bring target number down to 4. His Parry is at 10 as a result of Blade of the Battle Maiden. With 11 successes, he has 7 leftover for his counter, but with 3 successes, it doesn't hit.

Current round
Ailera = 18 <---
Sidereal = 4

Next round
Ailera = 18
Sidereal = 4

Gatehouse Battle

Your move, D. Rex D. Rex

Current Round
Zedradon = 23 <---
Gatehouse Guards (Size 1, Average Drill, Might 0) = 7 (Mag. 4/7)
Axtis = 3 (Aiming)

Next Round
Zedradon = 23
Gatehouse Guards (Size 1, Average Drill, Might 0) = 7 (Mag. 4/7)
Axtis = 3 (Aiming)

Last edited:
"Leave the wounded. I shall see them back to health. No harm will come to them." Zedradon declared, though odds are they would not listen at this point. A shame... many of those wounds they would not likely be able to help without a doctor. Thankfully Zedradon did not let the folly of others weigh on his heart. Doom by ones own hand wasnt his concern.

What was his concern seemed to be happening within the gatehouse. At sound of the scream, Zedradon snapped his head to the door. Only to witness the flash of green light come from the cracks and windows.

Was she in danger? He was not about assume she wasn't. If she needed help, he would give aid. The gatehouse guards were routed, and Ryans men were close enough anyway. Right now was time to help a fellow exalt.

Moving to the door with purpose, should the door not open, he would just have to destroy it. Zedradon raised his grimscythe above his head, and with a mighty arc, swung it downward. To bury the piercing blade deep into door and try to cleave it vertically in half.

jaydude jaydude what roll would you like me to make against an inanimate?

Roll Strength + Athletics. Ordinarily you'd need at least 3 Strength for something like this, but I'll let it slide, seeing as you're a Solar wielding a soulsteel grimscythe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back