• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Chronicle of the Scavenger Lands (Exalted 3E) - IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Can we pool our successes together? I don't think that either one of us will be able to get enough successes.
If Zed whacks Ailera with a blunt part of his scythe to get her moving, and she starts running once her feet touch the floor, I'll allow it. Naturally, Zed will have to roll Strength + Melee.

Zedradon was not a fast man. He was a doctor, not an athlete. There was no chance he would have been able to catch up with a simhata. But... Ailera could.

With a twirl of his grimscythe. He raised it up high and spun around. "Ailera!" He called as he built up momentum.

As the scythe came around, he angled its blade so the flat became the striking surface coming right behind her. Putting his muscle into the swing so that she could use it to kick off of with some extra oomph. "Be spry, girl!" He called as he put his back into it.

(If this works, can it move into a decisive "distract" gambit to give Ailera my initiative to attack the man with? Basically giving her the extra force for some flying attack or something?)

6 sux

(If this works, can it move into a decisive "distract" gambit to give Ailera my initiative to attack the man with? Basically giving her the extra force for some flying attack or something?)

You know what? Sure.

Ailera starts to swear as she sees the simhata starting to run off, but that quickly flashes over to a smile when Zed calls out. Yes! Lets do this! With a running leap, she bounds over and settles down on the scythe just as the other Solar heaves her through the air, and at the same time, she explodes out with tremendous force, her razor claws flashing in the torchlight. With a loud cry, Ailera comes down on top of the fleeing Exalt with all of her strength!
Activating Thunderbolt Attack Prana, and adding a Willpower to get an auto success to hit. I don't want to miss! Obviously, this is a Decisive attack.

Before any Stunt dice, I have seven successes to hit. - EDIT now a total of nine successes

Tiger Form Active
Increasing Strength Exercise Active

Frost Thorn Knuckles
Type: Light (+5 ACC, +10 DMG, +0 DEF, OVW 3)

Essence: 1
Personal: 13 / 4
Peripheral: 33 (23) / 2
Committed: 10
Willpower: 7 / 4

Join Battle: 6 +3 Successes

Natural Soak: 2 (+3)
Armored Soak: 5
Total Soak: 7 (+3)

Parry: 6
Evasion: 5
Resolve: 3
Guile: 4

Health Levels
[ ] 0
[ ][ ] -1
[ ][ ] -2
[ ] -4
[ ] I

Last edited:
With the unorthodox maneuver employed by Zedradon and Ailera, Masaru and his simhata fail to escape the two Solars. He looks behind him as he rides away, and does a great jawdrop when he sees Zedradon literally flinging Ailera after him.

"You have got to be kid..." is all he can get out before Ailera's attack connects.

[Ailera's attack lands with three threshold successes. His Soak and Hardness are 11 and 7, respectively. Go ahead and roll damage, with initiative at 19, 5 taken from Zedradon as a result of his gambit.]

I didn't think that Soak applied to Decisive attacks. In the book, it only mentions the Soak to Withering attacks.

I know that the Hardness does apply, but my die pool is 19, and is far above it.

So powerful is Ailera's attack that it doesn't just kill Masaru, it goes on to kill his simhata as well. With their Dragon-blooded commander having fled and been killed, and there being two enemy Anathema arrayed against them, it doesn't take long for the remaining defenders of the fortress to surrender to Ryan's men, who quickly move to disarm them.

Up in the keep, the Dragon-blooded archer moves away from his window, out of sight of anyone on the ground. With him gone, the sorcerer dead and Arumi critically wounded, the battle is over. The Circle has taken the fortress.

In front of the keep, Ganzin - still radiating a mass of red, fiery energy - walks towards the prone form of Arumi and kicks her onto her back, the Water Aspect yelling in pain from the feel of his hot foot. Ganzin is unheeding of her discomfort however as he moves to stand over her, raising his guandao as if measuring for a decapitating strike.

"Do you not know why we came here?" he asks her quietly. "Think back to Ekobi village. You came there with the Wyld Hunt, remember?"

Arumi's eyes widen slightly upon hearing this, as she figures that the Fire Aspect above her is from that same village. "There was...an Anathema there. He corrupted the villagers with his dark powers, forced them to fight us when we came to kill him..." she murmurs weakly.

"Is that what you tell yourself so that you can sleep at night? So that you and your Wyld Hunt friends can feel good about massacring my village?" asks Ganzin in a furious whisper. "Because you're wrong. He never corrupted us. He protected us, made our village a safer place to live. He did what Lookshy was supposed to do for the Scavenger Lands, and then you and your friends destroyed us."

He exhales. "I don't think there's any point in trying to convince you that what you've been taught by the Immaculates is nonsense. But I will ask you to think about this; if the Anathema are those who have chosen the dark and evil path, why was I graced with Exaltation after all the time I spent admiring one?"

Before she can answer, he grips hard on his guandao in preparation to strike. Unless Ryan or anyone else stops him, Ganzin will swing down and decapitate Arumi.

Ryan makes no effort to stop Ganzin's strike. Arumi has earned whatever sentence is passed upon her by the commander's reckoning.

If the fight in the courtyard concludes he will make an effort to join his men and conclude the battle around the fortress. Now was not the time to be sloppy.

(Havent time right now to post. But Zedradon would try and stop Ganzin. Given the battle is over. And she is wounded. Zed would consider her under his care now. Along with any other injured. Be they friend or foe.)

By the time Ryan reaches the courtyard, his men have finished disarming the surviving Lookshy soldiers, all of whom are kneeling or sitting down in groups of five, closely watched over by the victorious troops. Those of Ryan's men who were injured are receiving basic medical treatment from their fellows.

"Once they saw that their Dragon-blooded commander had been killed, and that they were facing two Solars, they decided to cut their losses and give up, rather than keep fighting an unwinnable battle." Tannis explains to Ryan. "What should we do with them, boss?"

In front of the fortress, Ganzin aborts his strike at Zedradon's protest, and walks towards the doctor with an annoyed look. "Why should I spare her? In case you didn't know, she and her friends murdered my mother, my friends, everyone in my village and the Solar who watched over it! Besides, with that wound I gave her, I doubt she'll be alive for much longer anyway."

Indeed, Arumi is still lying there, a great dark-red wound running across her torso from her shoulder to her opposite hip, and her breathing beyond faint.

Zed will need to use a Persuade action to convince Ganzin to spare Arumi. You won't need to utilize any Intimacies, but you will need to beat his Resolve of 4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back