• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Chapter One: The Orphanage (Mystery, Thriller, Sci-Fi) [Full]

Amyleii Amyleii Pick one game or talent they are best at. I know I used plural. I'll go fix it lol. But I also contradicted myself by saying "choose one."

AlluringRose AlluringRose She's good to go. I only recommend choosing a darker font color because the pink is blinding.

5d471f796bb61af620973d0eb2fe4e4a.jpg

What is your name?

The kid looks preoccupied, staring at a cockroach in the corner of the room as you ask this question. "Alice." She answers solemnly, her red eyes following the insect as it skitters up the wall.

What is your gender?

The girl squints her eyes and clenches her teeth as she stares down the cockroach. "Female." She replies, continuing her brevity.

How old are you?

Alice puffs out her cheeks and grunts, still bidding most of her attention to the bug that is now on the ceiling. She holds up both of her hands, signing the number "10" at you.

What is your number?

The child hops up on her chair and squats as she begins chewing on her thumb. In response to your question, she turns her head revealing the back of her neck, "200008"

What is your ability type?

After a few more moments of intense glaring, she outstretches her hand towards the bug and whispers, "Mental."

What power do they have?

"Yes!"
Alice yells as she closes her eyes and breaths in deeply. The cockroach suddenly flies off of the ceiling, doing several spins and flips through the air. As Alice controls the bug, you scratch down on your notes. "Mind Control..." As you look back up, the bug flies straight into the blades of the fan that is sitting on your desk, causing the bug to splatter. "Aw..." Alice pouts, opening her eyes.

What is your character’s personality?

You open her packet and search through countless papers until you find her 'Counselling' file.

Dr. [REDACTED], Psychologist.

'#200008, "Alice" is proving to be quite an interesting child; Her quiet nature makes her very easy to work with, though at times she seems to be stuck inside her own head. She has an abnormal obsession with bugs and often seems to intently stare at them, oddly causing them to act...erratically. (Though it is unknown to me as to why, i'm sure we will uncover this phenomena in sessions to come.)

[The rest of the file is marked out in black marker.]

What do they like?

You scan through more papers, finding her drawings. Most of them contain bugs, though a few have sketches of her playing games with the other orphans. This strikes you as odd because she has never been observed interacting with the others, perhaps she is just shy?

What do they dislike?

A few more glances at her drawings reveal a scary beast that resembles a Nun. Odd.

What children's game or talent are they the best at?

From what her file says, Arts and Crafts seems to be all she does in her free time.

What children's game or talent are they the worst at?

She always seems to avoid playing sports or engaging in physical activities with the others.

Who is your character’s rival?
N/A

Who is your character’s closest friend?
N/A

Lunar Lunar Unless she likes bugs from books, no animals exist on The Orphanage grounds.

So no bugs wander or fly around outside? No roaches that scitter their way into old Orphanages? Is there a plot reasoning for that? Because bugs are literally everywhere.
Now im not saying pets or anything domestic, she just likes bugs.

Ah well thats fine, i'm sure its not too difficult to spot a bug every now and then however.
However yes she does like to research them in books, etc.

There are no animals on The Orphanage grounds. None.
Okie dokie then, spooky. She just likes them from books or from seeing them previously before the Orphanage. Assuming shes not always lived there, if that is a thing?

:-_-lines: Are you sure you'll do fine in this game? I have a feeling you'll just keep creating things rather than taking the setting for what it is. I will be sure to annotate that memory thing in the IC rules. I thought it was a given since there was no "background" option in the CS.

I will do fine lmao, I've done RPing for many years.

The way you've set it up is just odd to me, the rules would be understood more clearly if they had either their own page or they were put up in the interest check, though it is just me not fully "investigating".

It does seem rather restrictive for people trying to make unique characters this way, though I do see what you're trying to do with the whole memory thing so its understandable at least. Also the way you go about confronting people can put some off, but with my years as a DM/GM I can get it, just try to seem less abrasive and controlling and a bit more patient, then people wont be more put off. (Though I personally don't mind, sometimes being straight-up can be good/constructive.)

With that being said, I am interested in the mystery and story and still want to be in the RP, just found it difficult to make a good character at first.

I think a character interested in bugs from books would be interesting. The fact there are no bugs in the orphanage may lead to clues only someone who knew what a bug was would think of, like how artificial “outside” becomes when there are no bugs. But that would be meta knowledge if it’s true so we’d need someone to look into it.

The CS was restrictive for a reason. It's the first chapter. I am a no-nonsense GM. I make sure people understand what they are about to get into, and I highly respect those who realize early on when their personality may not fit well with the game. If that puts writers off, then it is not a problem to me. Honesty upsets people sometimes. As for you, I will take your word for it, and I hope you prove me wrong. You're welcome to put your CS in the Character Thread. I don't know who started the PM chat, but it is one of your peers. I am not in it because you guys are against me in this story.

Yeah. I went to check the Character Thread. 8 children is enough. We have six girls and two boys. I don't want anymore girls and this game seems to attract a lot of them lol. XD We have enough that if people start falling off for short attention span or IRL reasons that it can still manage.

I am hoping this chapter is not only short enough but leaves a good enough impression in its short time frame. We'll see who makes it to Chapter Two.

So you are accepting or are there enough characters?
I could make a male character to help balance things out c:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back