• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Chapter One: The Orphanage (Mystery, Thriller, Sci-Fi) [Full]

I admit I lose interest if there aren't more than 1 single post a week, I'd prefer a faster pace of 1 post every 3-4 days

What is your character’s name?
"The names Blake!" he says with a big goofy grin.

What gender is your character?
Blake rolls his eyes and laughs. "That's a weird question? I'm obviously a girl" he says sarcastically. "Oh...you're serious? I'm a boy...at least I hope so or mama is going to have to explain somethings." he says with a laugh.

How old is your character between 6 to 12?
"I'm twelve!" he says crossing his arms. "I'm a man now."

What is your character’s number?

"#038929 and yes I do have it memorized." he says with a smug grin.

What type is your character?
Blake leans back in the chair and eyes the interviewer suspiciously. He grabs a pen and paper and begins to write on it. When he turns it around a the word physical is written on it. "You better not tell anyone...especially mama."

What power do they have?
"Lets just say I am really good at tag." (Speed)

What does your character look like?
1564859637924.png

What is your character’s personality?
Blake shrugs at the question. "I don't know. I'm a kid so I am a bit loud and rambunctious at times. Unlike the other children I really enjoy learning in school. I watch over the other kids and make sure the are learning and doing things right. The other kids will tell you I'm funny and a bit of a goofball, but I have no idea what they are talking about" he laughs.

What do they like?
"I'm not sure...my main focus is to help the other children in the orphanage. I do like doing puzzle and making the other children laugh. I want to make sure mama doesn't have too much on her so I try to help her which makes me happy I guess.”

What do they dislike?

"I dislike secrets. I mean we are family so why hide things from each other?”

What children games or talents are they the best at?
"I won't say it again." (Tag)

What children games or talents are they the worst at?
"Please... just don't ask me to sing!" (Music)

Who is your character’s rival?
X

Who is your character’s closest friend?

Last edited:
I admit I lose interest if there aren't more than 1 single post a week, I'd prefer a faster pace of 1 post every 3-4 days
That's my worst case scenario. If everyone is posting at a good speed then I am more than likely able to make a post every other day.

What is your name?
"Cason Lloyd, Nice to meet ya!"
What gender are you Cason?
"Last time I checked I was a boy." He said chuckling a bit.
How old are you Cason?
"I'm old enough... But I'll be nice and tell ya! I'm 12."
What is your number?

"066997"

What type are you?
"PHYSICAL! I'll kick anyone's butt if they mess with my family. That's how it has to be when you're the man of the house.

What power do you have big man?
He flexes his arm to make a muscle. "If I'm being honest I think I'm one of the strongest around the house."

Hah, okay kid how do you look?
He runs a hand through his hair and shoots the interviewer a grin. "I'm a handsome little chocolate drop." He loses his composure and starts to laugh at himself. "Naahhh seriously I'm alright I guess."

That's some personality you have
"Yeah I know... It's honestly how I cope with being in my situation. The other kids like it and it's fun so I do what I can to make everyone smile." He looks down to the table a little lost in his own reflection.

What do you like?
"I like playing and excercising kickball and running is a good way to go about it. I also like to eat and strum on my guitar I got from mom. The others like my tune too."

What do they dislike?
"I don't like bullies and I don't like liars. Simple right!"
What children games or talents are you the best at?

"I told you before I liked kickball and my guitar but if I HAVE to pick one... I'll say my guitar I've gotten really good and alot of the kids like it too."
What children games are you the worst at?
"CHESS I CAN'T BEAT MY FRIEND AT IT AND ITS SO FRUSTRATING!"

Who is your rival?
He chuckles a bit and crosses his arms. "Vera is... but she's alright if anything she wouldn't recognize me as one."
Who is your closest friend?
"Vera again... Isn't this interview about me!?"
PicsArt_08-03-07.50.27.jpg

Amara Henson

Female

Control

What power do they have?
Electricity. Amara explains that sometimes if another child makes contact with her they'll get a tiny shock. Just the kind like you get when you get off the trampoline and such. If her electricity gets too high, though, she could seriously harm someone. She can't turn it off, only alter it's levels. Picking up a paperclip on the table, Amara puts it between her two fingers, and then concentrates. A small crackling noise is heard, and then Amara puts the paper clip in the palm of her hand. The tip that she was holding is now blackened and warped. "See?"

ea673f09032d004a8d0725a3f7475571.jpg

Amara is a very serious child. Not incredibly smart or anything, but serious. Not much makes her excited, but she does enjoy physical touch like hugs. She is quiet and doesn't talk much to people. She's just a little bit shy, but doesn't like to spend time with people. She just doesn't say much.

What do they like?
Hugs, people wanting to be around her, the feeling of being electrocuted,

What do they dislike?
Demanding people, people who never stop talking, pranks,

Hide and seek. She is very quiet and knows all the best places to hide.

Kick ball. Her foot-eye coordination isn't excellent.

N/A

N/A

Last edited:
MidnightStar MidnightStar Your character cannot know there is something wrong at the orphanage before the start of the game and before they even know anything is wrong.

Natural Flavour Natural Flavour The electricity your character manipulates is what is produced from their own body. I recommend re-reading Controller. Its the body's own electricity. If you have another character written as a friend in the CS, then I would assume friends tell each other. Otherwise, no because powers are supposed to be a secret.

As for everyone else, if I didn't give your CS corrections, then you are good.

Doing good!

@A Person Has Been Spotted We getting a cs soon?
MidnightStar MidnightStar Your character cannot know there is something wrong at the orphanage before the start of the game and before they even know anything is wrong.

Natural Flavour Natural Flavour The electricity your character manipulates is what is produced from their own body. I recommend re-reading Controller. Its the body's own electricity. If you have another character written as a friend in the CS, then I would assume friends tell each other. Otherwise, no because powers are supposed to be a secret.

As for everyone else, if I didn't give your CS corrections, then you are good.

Whoops sorry forgot about that. I fixed it though! Hope that is better 😌

Do you have any suggestions on what I should change? I'm not terribly good at creating powers. The electricity was coming from her own body, to my understanding, it just interacted negatively with her surroundings, causing electricity from other sources to jump when her own levels were high. Sorry if there were any misunderstandings or if that doesn't work.

Natural Flavour Natural Flavour I'll quote it in a second so you can see what I am talking about. I am just on my cell at the moment.

As for everyone else, I am satisfied with the current amount of people who have joined. I am going to make a CS thread and I will list whose CSes are approved to go in there, which should be almost everyone who has applied pending corrections to their CS.

One of you will need to make a PM and put everyone within it. The PM group will be used for getting to know each other and strategizing. Understand the strategizing you do OOC must happen between your characters IC as well when that time comes. As the GM, I am your enemy as well as your ally. I play both roles. I play Mama, and I also NPC some of your peers who may or may not be significant. Just remember decisions make or break the plan.

Natural Flavour Natural Flavour Electricity. But Amara is hesitant and takes a long time to tell the interviewer this. "I didn't mean to kill him." She says quietly, stone faced, staring the interviewer in the eyes. 'Kill who?' she is asked. "The cat. The black one." Amara goes on to explain an incident in which she was petting a cat under some power lines and the power surged and reached down to connect with Amara. The cat was instantly fried. (Amara would be dead. She manipulates her own electricity and not the electricity from powerlines.) "I didn't mean to." She insists. When further prodded, the girl reveals that she can generate electricity in her body and if she makes it too high of a level, then nearby sources of electricity will reach out to touch her. (This power is too strong. She will not be able to affect other electrical appliances.) She hasn't had any other incidents besides the cat, although sometimes if another child makes contact with her they'll get a tiny shock. Just the kind like you get when you get off the trampoline and such. If her electricity gets too high, though, she could seriously harm someone. She can't turn it off, only alter it's levels.

I posted a link to the Character Thread on the OP. Those applying to this game should continue to drop CSes in this recruitment thread for review by the GM. Do not drop a finished CS in the character thread unless you have been approved by the GM. Those who are approved by the GM have their names listed in the Character Thread.

I will be working on the IC to set the setting.

The link is on the OP. OP means Opening Post. So the very first post of this recruitment thread has the link to the Character Thread, written as "Character Thread."

Amy Leii

I’m a girl

Ummmm this many -holds up 6 fingers-

physical

What power do you Have?
Unbreakable-amy isn’t super smart or super strong or super fast but she is basically indestructible as far as she knows. She has never been hurt despite falling out of trees and being hit with balls during recess she was even stabbed with a fork as a test and the fork poked her but didn’t break her skin. She still felt the poke and said owie.

DF3B782C-AFFC-4097-BCA6-60F4BC064E9C.png

Cheerful upbeat and childish, a tomboy

What do they like? Cookies, candy, stuffies, playing outside with friends

What do they dislike? Meanie heads and bullies.

I think I’m best at....ummm....climbing things. Even if I fall down I don’t get hurt.
Tag

(This can be filled out later if you don’t know already)

(This can be filled out later if you don’t know already)

Last edited:
Child.PNG

"My name is Aadina! Aadina means 'delicate'", she said as she gave a slight wave at you and a giggle, as if she knew her name didn't really seem to fit her. Bouncing and fidgeting in her chair, the girl stared up at you with excitement in her eyes.

"I'm a girl and it's great!," she exclaimed in her soft voice as she twirled her hair in her fingers and touched the flower crown she had made a few moments prior.

Aadina threw up nine fingers and grinned in joy before shouting, "Nine! ...I'm happy to be growing up. It means I can help around the house more and help take care of the younger ones." Her lips stretched out into a sad smile. She looked at the ceiling and sighed. "I'm already nine...and I don't know if I'm ever going to get adopted. I'm a bit scared that no one wants me, but I'm happy because the orphanage is also my home and my family is here," she chuckled out, already trying to look on the positive side of it all.

Aadina slowly turned around, her dainty fingers brushing aside her hair and showcasing the back of her neck and number. "My number is 6660123," she murmured with less excitement this time.

She placed a small finger on her chin and gave a look that indicated her mind was processing what was asked of her, before slowly what she thought was the right answer, "I think... I'm the physical type."

What power do they have?
The moment the question was asked, the girl's eyes widened just a tiny bit and hinted just a bit of fear. Her small trembling hands gripped the edge of the wooden table in front of her. The sound of wood splintering filled the room as she carefully whispered, "I'm just a bit strong..., but please don't let Mama know!" Taking her hands off the table, she winced as she started trying to pull out the small wooden sticks embedded in her palm.

Aadina leaned forward in her chair, placing her elbows on the table and her palms on the sides of her face. Her bobbed brown hair framed her unmarred face and bounced fluidly with every movement she made. Brown eyes danced and glowed with personality. She looked up at you and pulled her delicate lips into a small, feminine and delicate smile. Silence ensued and she didn't seem to think that anything needed to be said. You were looking right at her, after all.

"I think I'm a really nice and caring girl! I love making new friends and I love my family here at the orphanage. I'm really girly, but I really love playing sports and getting dirty in the mud too. I really love life and I'm really happy to have been born," Aadina laughed and giggle happily, as if the fear she had prior and her hand didn't seem to matter anymore. She plucked the pretty flower crown off her head before stretching her arms out to you. "Here! You can have this!," she grinned, placing the crown on top of your head.

What do they like?
Standing up, the girl danced and twirled around you while she spoke as if she was having the time of her life describing to you what she loved about her life and this world, "I really love flowers and making them into pretty arrangements! I love the color pink and white. I love clothes, even though we can't choose what we wear here, so I just imagine them and draw them on paper! I love my stuffed animals, especially my bunny named Hopkins! I just really love cute and happy things!"

What do they dislike?
Sitting down, she noticeably shivered at the question and shook her head at the image inside her mind. "Mmm, I don't really have much I dislike, except maybe spiders and the dark," she breathed out, a bit of slight fear eating at her. Then suddenly, her brown eyes flashed in determination as she steadied her voice and said, "And I don't like the people I love getting hurt."

"I'm really good at throwing rocks," she squealed, moving her arm in a motion that looked as if she was throwing an imaginary rock. "And also singing, but if I had to choose one, I'd say singing!," Aadina said while she hummed in her seat.

Making a disgusted face, Aadina shook her head at the idea of the thing she's most bad at and groaned out, "Tag, but I still at least try really hard."

The girl sat still in her seat, pondering and deciding whether she truly had a rival or not. "Well...," she trailed off, before finishing it off with, "Cason, since he's pretty strong, but I really like him and he's my friend too!"

N/A

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back