• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Cerberus Vale- Main

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Intro

Ginko The Mushishi

Traveling Mushi-Shi
Roleplay Type(s)
Bordova, an amazing continent full of different era's clashing together. On the farthest edge of Bordova, a large estate lay close to the shore. This was known as the Cerberus Vale Estate. Hunters, trained in the ways of monster hunting lived within this estate. The 5 Families, all secretly working with Cerberus Vale to keep their continent safe.

Inside, A butler named Jacques serves the Hunters in every way possible, a humble old man who's past is shrouded in mystery. Indebted to the master of the estate. There was also a blacksmith, whom lived nearest to the shore, with a workshop right outside the Estate. His name was Ezekiel and he was a comical man, but despite his silly attitude he was also a very serious man when it came to his work.

Walking in, you'd find a large, platinum plaque on the right side of the wall upon entering. This held the date, that each member of the Estate entered this family.

Joseph and Soma Vale - Masters of the Estate. 1st Members of the Cerberus Vale.
Cordelia Zale - 2nd Member: Hunter of Cerberus (Special weapon - Umbrella Rapier)
Sayogoromo Seikatsu - 3rd Member: Hunter of Cerberus (Special Weapon- Runic Oriental Fans)
Jian Wu - 4th Member: Hunter of Cerberus (Special Weapon- Unbreakable Shield/Sword)
Yama De La Rosa - 5th Member (Ceremonial Initiation almost ready)
Isaac Fowler - 6th Member (Ceremonial Initiation almost ready)
Irvi Tills - 7th Member (New comer)
Riko Miracus - 8th Member (New comer)

Joseph, the leader of the Cerberus Vale and retired Hunter, stood atop the mansion's top steps. Looking down among his Hunters, Soma, Cordelia, Sayogoromo, Jian, Yama and Isaac. Notifying them of Irvi's past, what she's recently gone through, and how it would help to slowly but surely let her settle in and be able to relax in an new enviorment. He would be the first to meet her. As for Riko, the newcomer that had burst in out of the blue a few days ago, he would ensure a meeting would be held in place with Riko.

"My children, tonight will be another fruitful hunt for Mr. Vincent Bernhard. He has quite a few missions lined up for us tonight, ranging from Sanctum, to Halbert. Allow me to leave you, I must go meet with young miss Irvi now."

Soma took this que to take over, leaning up from the banister, he walked over to his comrades, his family. "Jacques will arrive with the mission board later tonight, for now I say relax, get yourselves ready for tonight, and try having a few conversations with the newcomers, break the ice for them..I'm sure its hard for them to be in a new setting like this. With nobody they know."
gw2caudecusestate.jpg
ebb ebb
Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre
Severia Severia
animegirl20 animegirl20
LadyOfStars LadyOfStars
SynapseAnalyst SynapseAnalyst
Svisttt Svisttt

It was really, really cold in the Estate. At least, to her.

The young girl already had a good 3 sweaters on, along with a pair of slightly too small mittens she'd been keeping for way too long. She sat in the dining room, shaking slightly, but not from the chill. There was someone else in the room with her, and though she wasn't sure if they were a boy or a girl, they only seemed to be a little older than her. They seemed... pretty normal, more average than the glimpses of the others here that she'd seen. There was this one person who she could've sworn looked like they were nothing but a skeleton, and after that she tried not to focus on the Estate's inhabitants very much.

Maybe she was just being a baby, but she was terrified. On the outside, she looked sad more than anything, but in reality she was freaking. Irvi didn't know what was going on or why she was brought here, and though the place was pretty and had a certain elegance to it, everything seemed... intimidating. Everyone seemed different from the people back where she lived, and there was a kind of energy surrounding the home. She couldn't place the feeling it gave her, but she supposed it was like a continuous buzz, like static electricity.

Irvi pulled her knees to her chest and wrapped her arms around herself, as a way to comfort and warm herself a bit. She tried not to look at the other person in the room too much, as if not interacting with them would make the person forget she was there.

While the others stood, Sayogoromo sat at the base of the stairs in a comfortable armchair. Jacques, the butler, always had one ready for meetings such as these, just in case, Sayogoromo required somewhere to sit. The illness often robbed him of his energy, on top of the weakened state it left him in. Nevertheless, he showed up to every meeting when his body was willing and participated in most missions. Today it was the uncertainty that accompanied new members that managed to stir is sicknesss from its benign slumber.

Clad in a dark red kimono, Sayogoromo leaned back in his chair as he. Listened to the speeches given from atop the stairs. The pink of the cherry blossom pattern on his kimono complemented the blue color of the chair’s fabric. That wasn’t enough to counter the paleness of his skin or distract from the lack luster style of his hair as it hung down not around his head as if it were dead. With long, deep breaths, he did his best to avoid coughing and drawing attention to himself.

Luckily, they were being dismissed. Soon he’d be able to cough, lay down, drink, anything to relax his body. Unfortunately, getting back to his room would be troublesom and might require some assistance. With determination in his eyes, Sayogoromo’s thin fingers grabbed the arms of his chair and he quickly pushed himself up to his feet. The wooden geta hugged his feet as he balanced himself and continued to try ray breathing evenly. “Has anyone seen, Jacques?” His voice was frail and dry when he spoke, eyes searching the surrounding halls carefully.

Riko Miracus
The lost child outlaw of Bordova

It's been awhile since he has been in a place so calm and quiet. During his days of crime he there is always noise. Screaming, clashing of blades, gunfire. Even at night. The bandit camp he's in is being constantly attacked by city officers and other lowlife criminal gangs yet it stood strong. Riko's past wasn't the most happiest but he is sure glad it's all over. The Estate felt like home to him. It felt like this is his real home. He always slept in cramped space and always stealing expensive objects. Whatever his agenda maybe. It has a good intention.

Sitting on the other side of the dining room. He felt comfort that he never felt for years. As he seated to wait for someone. Their he saw a young girl. Slightly younger than him. She was overlapped like a lot of clothing. So much layer of coats, it could be consider as light armor, atleast to him. A real mystery because it's not even that chilly. Even without Riko's coat, it's not that cold nor hot. His empty blunderbuss pistol was safely holstered to his right hip. The cold metal was shining and the grip is clean as if it was never used for decades. Riko's clothing was slightly damaged. No surprise since he has seen and took action in his own hands.

He sweeped his bangs across the side of his face as he waited. His eye locked on the girl. Riko hass an eye for details especially body language, thanks to his armed robbery training during his days. He can almost tell the girl is closed off and restricting herself which is nothing new to him. He soon realized he was looking at the girl's face way too much. His ever slow-blinking eyes too focused on her. There was something about her that intrigues him. The girl looked back to Riko without warning. This is where Riko's second nature reflexes came in play. Riko quickly looked to another direction, pretending he wasn't observing her for so long. Even with his second nature reflexes he still failed to be fast. He may have pulled off the most fastest quick draw ever witnessed in Bordova (By far) but he used his hands on that one, not his head. So yeah she may have seen him trying look away

Svisttt Svisttt Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi

Dzqe1Qd.jpg

Isaac waited beneath the stairs, listening intently to Joseph. Since his arrival at the estate several years ago, he’d been working to gain the approval of the Hunters of Cerberus, to be accepted into the ranks as a hunter. While he was essentially boarded onto the team, there were certain things, like the ceremony, that still needed completion. Most of those years were spent coming to terms with the time he’d spent unconscious of his own actions. Luckily, he’d matured mentally in this time and had a mind that matched the age of his body. The beast that’d wormed its way into his consciousness was perpetually seething under his skin. Waiting for the chance to topple any progress he’d made. Even now, it was difficult to stand still. His arms burned with the urge to do something, and it was physically painful to be inactive. He picked at the hem of his shirt, digging his nail into the fabric.

Are you ready? Are you ready? Are you ready? Are you- ?

He wasn’t a nervous person, but having a several hundred year old demon whispering doubts made him uneasy. Luckily, he’d had some time to get used to it, and Incana rarely caused him too much of a headache. Having new people enter the small place he’d carved out for himself made him irritated. What if they were better, more easily adapted? He’d worked hard to get where he was, so having new people walk in made him feel irritated. A lot of things made him feel irritated.

He watched Sayogoromo climb the stairs. Part of him was worried that a strong gust might might take the demon down before he reached the top. The other part of him knew not to underestimate the abilities of his fellow hunter. Isaac glanced at the others left waiting under the stairs. “How do you feel about new people coming through? I mean, I’m sure we’re going to benefit from added strength,” he rocked his weight, burning off energy. He didn’t share the sentiment, but was curious to know what the others thought. As a child, he’d studied the history of demons and their relationships with humans. He knew firsthand that not every one could be trusted. More than anything, felt the soupy jealousy and hatred of Incana rising in his throat

Last edited:
Joseph Vale- Lord of Cerberus Vale.
Joseph slowly opened the door to the dining room, he greeted the two young ones with a small wave. His outfit was rather regal, he showed it off quite well. As an old man, you'd think Joseph literally was a member of the 5 families of Bordova. He set himself down a bit away from the two teens. Clearing his throat softly. "It is a pleasure to finally meet you both, Jacques, my butler made me aware of both of your presences. And I wanted to personally welcome you both to my Estate, you both have no need to be afraid. This mansion is a safe haven, and the people who live here, family. We may come from different lands, but one thing is for sure, we all are family. My name is Joseph Vale, I am Lord of this mansion. I have a few questions to ask the both of you, and I ask that you both are honest with me in this particular part of the job." He cleared his throat again, leaning back in the chair. He was rather calm to them, kept his voice low so as not to startle Irvi especially. He didn't want to walk on egg shells with Irvi, first impressions are always important they say. For Riko, his approach was still calm, but a little professional in its style. From what he had learned, Riko was once doing some shady business before arriving on the property. Things children shouldn't be subjected to..

Soma Vale - The White Haired Devil.
Watching Sayogoromo struggle to get up pained Soma, he extended his hand out to Sayogoromo after setting down a bag of trail mix. "I'll help you to your room. Jacques is out on an errand for Joseph." Overhearing Isaac's conversation, he chimed in only for the moment. "I think having more people is a good thing, it allows each of us to take time to understand what its like being a teacher. Much like Joseph was for all of us. Much like when you arrived, Isaac. We all extended our hand in bringing you to where you were today, and not only are we better because of it. But soon, you will be a Hunter of Cerberus." He smiled down at his good friend, Isaac, while popping a much needed peanut into his mouth and crunching it.
LadyOfStars LadyOfStars
ebb ebb
Svisttt Svisttt

When he saw the hand offered, Sayogoromo knew instantly who it belonged to, even before his eyes trailed up the arm to the familiar face. Few of the hunters here ever stepped on one another’s pride, but Soma had no qualms about reminding, Sayogoromo of his own weakness. Begrudgingly, he dropped his own hand into, Soma’s and held the older demon with a firm grip. With new support, Sayogoromo stood tall and evenly.

Isaac’s question reached his ears and brought a smirk to the sick demon’s face. He made a living off of conversing with people, young and old so he was sometimes a lemon to pick up on tones and underlying messages. “Don’t step on my kimono.” With his free hand, Sayogoromo latched on to the banister and started up the stairs at a patient speed. He did isn’t plan to comment on new arrivals as he had made his opinion known in the past. They riled up his illness and he couldn’t help but to be curious of their true intentions.
Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi

Irvi blushed hard when she noticed the other kid staring at her, before they quickly looked away when they noticed her glance. She probably would've crawled under the table to hide for a bit, had someone else not just walked into the room. Despite his age, he seemed rather graceful as he strode towards them, before taking a seat for himself. Irvi awkwardly uncurled herself, trying to sit up a bit straighter as he spoke. She listened carefully, but she didn't look at the man as he explained things.

"We all are family."

The words both sent a chill down her spine, and warmed her heart. Her family was gone. Nothing would change that, and she wasn't sure if any of the residents here would like her. She wouldn't blame them if they didn't- but the idea of being part of something made her feel warm and fuzzy.

The man's name was Joseph Vale, and he seemed nice enough. His words were gentle, and took away bits of her fear. Though she was still wary, Irvi began to think that... maybe all this wasn't going to be so bad. He said he had questions for the two teens, and she hesitantly responded with a quiet, "Questions...?" She hadn't been the most chatty person since she'd arrived, speaking in little sentence fragments and answering things in as few words as possible. Partly because she was scared of her her wits, but... Irvi didn't want to make people dislike her already.

Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi

As everyone was speaking, Yama stood quietly by leaning against a wall and listening in to the announcement that there would be plenty of work for them for the evening, this excited her as she also heard that there was time before their hunts for the evening. With a gently thrust of her leg she pushed off the wall and wandered toward one of the stone benches that sat in front of the large estate, opening her book and quickly finding her spot, though she wasn't in her book long before she heard Issac, her eyes peeking over her glasses as she smiled a bit in his direction.

"New people sounds fun, and as you said, I am sure we will benefit from their aid." A warm, calm tone passed over her lips though it was no louder than a whisper, the idea of new people always made her happy, more people to hunt with, more people with the cause. "Though I wonder what we will be doing this evening." She pondered aloud and looked to the group that were still outside, shrugging a little bit and diving back into the adventures that waited for her within the pages.
ebb ebb

Xingcai_Artwork_(DW9).png"My children, tonight will be another fruitful hunt for Mr. Vincent Bernhard. He has quite a few missions lined up for us tonight, ranging from Sanctum, to Halbert. Allow me to leave you, I must go meet with young miss Irvi now."

After Joseph left to go talk to this new girl she couldn't help but think about the first time she arrived here. Which had been out of fear with a demon boy who she thought was her best friend tried to kill her. Every since that day she has never been able to fully trust anyone who was a demon, deep down afraid of making a connection and being betrayed. Not that she hated the demons she came to know but she never let her full guard down.

Suddenly she heard a voice speak up. She glanced over to see it was Soma he basically was just telling everyone to relax until the missions came. She continued to look at him and she went into thought. When first arriving here she scared out of her mind when she found him and his father were demons but the butler tried to ease her mind of it telling her they were different. She did though soon enough become close with them and the other two who were their before her.
Jian found Soma annoying once she started to get to know him and though Soma could be fun to be around but still he was one of the ones that could push her buttons and make Jian lose her temper. Though she wondered if he ever took her seriously when she got mad.

When meeting Cordelia Jian really liked her even though she was demon in fact she started to let her guard down a bit but when she got older she noticed that Cordelia really liked "punishing bad guys" and well her guard went straight back up. She still talks to her and nice but she really sometimes wonder about her.

At first Jian really didn't know what to make of Sayogoromo. She been told he wasn't quite well so she really didn't see him much but as she got older and got to know him more she realized that they were kind of alike in one factor. That factor being they both faked emotions. She would fake her's at times to hide what she was really thinking. Though she wasn't sure why he faked his. But she could tell when he did. Well not all the time but a lot of times she could tell when he was faking. But again she made sure her guard was with him being a demon and all.

She had been the forth member in joining up with these hunters and now they had two new comers and two almost ready for the Ceremonial Initiation. She hadn't met the new comers yet and she had wondered if they were demon or not. As for the other two who were going to be initiated,
Yama and Isaac, she liked them. Yama was quiet and reserved and Isaac was friendly though she wasn't a fan of the tattoos.

All in all she likes everyone and see's them as her friends she just wish she could get rid of the fear of being turned on by the demons. Finally Jian realized she had been staring the whole time at Soma's direction. She shook her head and quickly looked in another direction hoping he didn't noticed her just standing there staring. Her eyes flickered over to Sayogoromo who seemed to be wondering where Jacques was. Jian was about to reply but Soma beat her to it. Issac then spoke asking what the others thought about the new comers. Jian shrug, "I mean it's not really a big deal getting new people."
Xingcai_(DW9).png
ebb ebb
Severia Severia
LadyOfStars LadyOfStars
Svisttt Svisttt

Riko Miracus
Riko felt really ashamed of himself after a failed attempt to look towards another direction. He slightly blushed himself out of embarrassment. If he still had ammo on his gun. He could have shot himself in the head spott on, luckily the gun is empty. Slightly tapping his index finger on his right leg while looking around. His habits stopped when a man with an elegant fashion stepped into the room. He had quite a voice too, a voice of a family man. His whole attention was on Joseph himself. Listening to every single word he has said. This man is quite influential. He felt very safe inside the estate and the fact that he is identified as a family member made him feel special. Something he never felt before.

Joseph approached the two. Riko tried to forget the fact that he was creeping on the other newcomer without him realizing. It's like a part of him died inside (Something he is used to) yet he had strange feeliings going on inside him that he desperately fights while Joseph is discussing and asking. "Yes, i am willing to answer these questions, Lord Joseph." Just in time. He got his act together and answered professionally towards the man. His adressing was strange yet heis voice was polite and soft.

Soma Vale: White Haired Devil

Soma gave a cheeky smile to lil ole' Sayagoromo. "Oh I'll try not to, your highness!" He said mockingly. Was he gonna step on the kimono? Probably not, he always stared at the floor when he walked so more or less, yeah. he wouldn't step on the kimono. But would he tease Sayogoromo? Most likely, by lightly moving his foot an inch closer to the kimono, then back away from it. Soma would always be that jackass kind of guy, but he never lost that heart of gold. He didn't care if Sayogoromo was using the protection of the Cerberus Vale for his own good..Not that he actually knew either. He'd probably protect him all the same, with his life especially. That would go for all of the team. Soma was aware of Jian's staring, though found it odd that she stared for so long. He blinked a bit while wondering just why Jian was staring...And then he smiled in her direction. "You look very energized today, Jian!" In Soma's mind, he thought Jian was trying to get Soma to notice something about her, and with the gentlemanly teachings of Joseph he thought a compliment might do her good.

Joseph Vale: Lord of Cerberus Vale
"Yes, m'lady. Questions.. Not a lot, just a few. I know its boring, but it has to be done" He chuckled lightly, patting his thigh. Turning his attention to Riko he scratched his cheek "Hahaha, no no please, call me Joseph. No need for formalities!" He cleared his throat once more. Calming down. "Miss Irvi, your aunt had contacted me a long time ago regarding your odd abilities. She thought that this place would work best for you, and that you would grow up well, living with people who could accept you for who you are. I have heard of your situation and am very sorry for your loss. It is not an easy one losing someone so close to you, I lost a brother a long time ago. He was the world to me back then.. Going on from there, the first question is, would you like to stay here? Provided that your aunt's wishes kept in best interest, we shall take care of you and help you grow up into a fine young lady. But we will also train you, teach you, and keep you safe. I say this because there is an evil out in the world, that attacks Bordova. Your aunt was aware of what we did here in Cerberus Vale, though she kept far enough away to never get into the business. My second question is simple, would you partake in the Cerberus Vale's Hunter Initiation Program? Serve the people of this world, keep them safe as we keep you safe, and bring a great honor upon your aunt's rest?"

With Riko, Joseph cleared his throat again. "I am aware of your shady business before you came here, and my questions are the same to you as they are for young miss Irvi. You have no home to call yours, you have no family to rely on. Would you allow this old man to take you in, both of you. Actually.. And become a part of this family? And by an extension, protector's of Earth?" He seemed to acquire a serious tone to this question. And it was not a question to take lightly. It meant serious business down the line for them. Training, controling, mastering their abilities. But it would not go without a reward for the both of them.. Family, memories, a home. A father figure even.
LadyOfStars LadyOfStars
ebb ebb
Svisttt Svisttt
animegirl20 animegirl20
Severia Severia

Attachments

• soma2.jpg
    soma2.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 5
Sayogoromo put on a smile when, Soma made his not so funny joke. He learned long ago that it was better to
let people do things their way, so long as they’d did what needed to be done. While his hand continued to slide up the banister, he listened in on the ongoing conversation. They were all so chatty today. The newcomers were to blame for this as well. When his fingers wrrapped around the end of the wooden railing, Sayogoromo Helen it tightly and stepped away from, Soma. He released the other demon’s hand and made his way to the landing. Luckily, his kimono hind the unsteadiness of his legs, but if anyone noticed he’d blame the footwear.

“No one enjoys such lack luster compliments, Soma. Even if you’re being playful, you could make the compliment more...poetic.” His right hand combed back the unruly strands of black hair that had beeennhanging in his face. Sayogoromo turned away from the group and started down the hall towards his bedroom. “Come get me when...” The cough he’d managed to keep in during his climbing of the stairs cut him off. After a quick breath, he cleared his throat. “...the missions are being given out.”

The mention her of aunt stung a little, but... he knew her! He actually knew her, and in turn apparently knew things about Irvi that confused her a bit. She didn't want to speak until Joseph was done talking to the kid named Riko, paying close attention to the things he was saying. Shady... business? She wondered briefly what the older man was talking about, then frowned when he got into the teenager's personal life a bit. No family...? She hoped he was okay. Despite his earlier... awkwardness, Irvi felt like he deserved nothing but happiness.

Though Irvi wasn't sure what this Hunter Initiative Program was, if it meant she could stay here and be useful in some way, she'd take part and try her best. And... the idea of paying homage to her aunt and having an actual family sounded nice, too.

For the first time since she'd arrived here, Irvi flashed a smile and held her head a bit higher. Though her usual hesitation was present, she tried speaking a little louder than she had been earlier, "I'd... really like that."

Riko Miracus
Joseph really got Riko's attention at maximum when he asked such a rather simple yet big question to both of them. Joseph asked the girl first, who he addressed as "Irvi". A name that he won't be forgetting anytime soon. He listened closely to what Joseph had to say. He was a little jealous that Irvi was being lead by a guardian. Choosing only good and always do good. Something that never really showed to his life by far. He felt down and out when Joseph mentioned that he had a relative too, while he is stuck in an orphanage being constantly bullied. He lived a life of crime and done nothing but trouble. Most people like him would really develop a crazed mind. To the point that they never felt what it's like to be loved. Yet, he stayed faithful and disciplined. He suppressed all his negative emotions away and became numb.

After Joseph was done with the girl. He was the next one to be asked. This time with a more serious tone yet the same questions. While the old man asked. He felt like crying as he was interviewed through his dark past. Joseph will notice that he is briefly listening and staring straight to his eyes yet his eyes were glistening. He wasn't blinking. One good blink could run a tear down his face. Every time Joseph asks or reviews his past he feels like he's getting shot over and over again. For time in years his emotional scars have been opened again and salted, especially when Irvi is listening. In fact Joseph can notice Riko is slowly looking downwards each second. A burden so heavy he can feel it weighing on his body. After awhile Riko was completely looking down both inside and out. He gave Joseph a brief silence before replying back to Joseph.

Riko was choked by his own burden in life. He could not speak clearly as he looked down. "I... I-i" He tried to speak but anything hardly spits out his tongue. After his struggling seconds... He spoke up clearly yet he remains to look down to the ground. "I know, i had a dark past. I know i have no home to sleep in... No family to love and to go to... I am a nuisance. Nothing but a Vagabond... A fugitive outlaw to society... Despite my shaded agenda to your very presence... You didn't care... You didn't care where i came from or what i am to the public eye. You looked right through me. I have never felt so much acceptance like this. You don't know... You don't know. How long i have waited for someone to open up their arms for me... For that... Yes... I will, i will accept not only accept you as my foster father but also as my mentor... I will help those in need and become what i need to be. It's a deal..." Riko got real deep as he spoke with a clear voice. He stood true to his statement. It was all straight from his heart. Riko hasn't said another word. He only reached out his right hand as a declaration of a business deal. It's his habit to shake hands like it was a deal.

Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi Svisttt Svisttt

Last edited:
Cordelia Zale
A Little Girl Attending a Meeting

Mmm... it’s.. finally over?

Cordelia muttered. She blinked quickly and pushed herself up from the ground. As she stood up, her light pink hair, the matching pink dress as well as the blueish-white umbrella that was used as a pillow were all visibly stained with dust, but that’s how it always was. After all, she still kept rejecting both the chair and bed Jacques tried to put in the meeting place... speaking of the butler, the girl looked around and realized that he wasn’t there. Shrugged, the short girl turned to her fellow hunters and spoke appealingly in her usual high-pitched, clear voice.

Guys—” she paused and slowly rubbed her eyes, intentionally “you also think that sleep is good for a young girl’s growth, right?

It may seem out of place, but for anyone familiar with this demon’s childish facade and way of doing things, that was her basically saying “I slept during an entire meeting as usual and Jacques isn’t here, can anyone fill me in?”

Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi ebb ebb SynapseAnalyst SynapseAnalyst animegirl20 animegirl20

Xingcai_Artwork_(DW9).pngJian actually wasn't quite ready to head out yet. She still had to put her hair up and get her armor on. As she stood there putting her hair up she her eyes started glanced over to Soma who said she seemed to be energized tonight. "Oh you think so?" She said as she continued to fix he hair. She didn't feel particularly different tonight. Then that's when Sayogoromo chimed in.

“No one enjoys such lack luster compliments, Soma. Even if you’re being playful, you could make the compliment more...poetic.”

She laughed a little. "Soma poetic? I think your expecting to much from him." She said smiling. After she was done with her hair she started to put her armor on. While she was doing that she looked over to Cordelia and noticed she was waking up. About time she woke up. Jian thought to herself.

“Guys—” “you also think that sleep is good for a young girl’s growth, right?”

"Well I know sleep is good for beauty. But yeah it could be good for growth to." When the girl asked if someone could catch her up to speed since she slept through everything Jian kept silent from speaking out her inner thoughts. Maybe you should of been awake and you would of known. When Jian was done putting her armor on she turned to Cordelia and smiled. "Not much we'll have out missions soon and Joseph is talking to the newcomers right now."
LadyOfStars LadyOfStars
Severia Severia

Attachments

• Xingcai_(DW9).png
    Xingcai_(DW9).png
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Joseph was a Demon, full-blooded and that should have made him cold, callous...It did once, but from his time spent with humans he learned many things. And one of them, was to comfort someone. Such as a father would do for his own child. Joseph stood up, placing one of his bony, long hands ontop of Riko's head, lightly rubbing it while pressing Riko's face into his tunic, as if shielding him "You've come a long way, young man. And you hold a heavy burden on your shoulders, no child deserves to bear." He placed the other on on top of Irvi's head, and rubbed hers in return. "You are safe here, you are home now. The both of you. I promise you, there will be no more moving around place to place to survive, there will be no more fear of tomorrow. There will be no loneliness. You are one of us now, the both of you." He continued to stand next to the two teens, comforting them in such an old, fatherly way.

The comment from Sayogoromo went over his head completely. "Well I'm not going to say she looks beautiful, it would make it seem like I'm spying on her person! And then she'd think I'm a creep. So at least I said SOMETHING to her. Either way, just don't fall over okay? Or I'll throw you into your room to save the time." He teased, lightly sending a thumbs up to Sayogoromo's back. Cordelia spoke, but Soma didn't need to answer. Jian did so just for him. Right after she jabbed in her comment in response to Sayogormo's...Saying to himself in his head "Poetry...I know poetry..I'm smart enough!...". He popped another peanut and some chocolate into his mouth, crunching away. He wasn't annoyed, but his tone gave off that edge, perhaps it was because of how dry the peanut was. "I'll be in my room, nobody bother me!" He skipped off, taking out his revolver and checking up on it. The most he would do in his room is heal up old wounds he's neglected to heal, maintenance his revolver, and train with his demon powers when missions were soon to come.
LadyOfStars LadyOfStars
ebb ebb
Svisttt Svisttt
animegirl20 animegirl20
Severia Severia

Like Riko, Irvi probably could've started crying right there and then. But she didn't- it wouldn't make sense to cry when she was feeling happy. She had a home, someone cared about her... it was all she could ever ask for. The young girl just hoped she didn't make anyone upset by being here.

She didn't feel so cold anymore, and if it was because of the sheer amount of sweaters she was wearing, or because the man was standing by them, she wasn't sure. It was nice though, whatever it was from. Irvi briefly wondered if this was what having a dad was like, smiling a little at the thought before letting it go. She was still uneasy about all this, but... everything would turn out to be okay, right? "Uhm... see others?" Her voice was shaky but clearer than it had been, though she was still talking in little sentence fragments. Irvi knew it was bad to whole heartedly put your trust into something right away, but... she wanted to believe she was safe here.

Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi

Riko Miracus
The child outlaw of Bordova
Riko have never felt so much warmth and love in his life. The touch of Joseph's hand despite being a bit strange for a hand. He did not care. He felt lost during his dark times outside. He no longer felt loneliness when Joseph held him closer. A small teardrop rand down his left cheek. He felt a lot lighter releasing this one tear. Wiping the tear off his cheek and he stood back before he soaks Joseph's fancy clothing with tears of pure joy. He manned up and looked up to Joseph with his calm face. Joseph can tell in his eyes that he really felt comforted.

Riko stood by. Silently waiting for Joseph's next plan of action. He wasn't as talkative as the other newcomer, who seems to also have trouble speaking out loud too. She said something about meeting the rest of the peeps inside the estate. He simply nodded in agreement. He wasn't quite sure what kind of life he will be having now but only the future can tell. One thing he knows is that he will no longer sleep without having to worry of constant attacks.

Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi Svisttt Svisttt

Dzqe1Qd.jpg

Despite the assurance from Soma, Yama, and Jian, Isaac was still dubious of having new people. This was aided by the fact that he hadn’t met them yet. To him, they were enigmatic figures that didn’t have faces to match the names. He hoped his opinion would change when he met them.

“Much like when you arrived, Isaac.”

He couldn’t argue with that, and Soma’s comment made him realize he was being somewhat hypocritical. He himself wasn’t a clean slate when he arrived, and they gave him the time and patience to change. At the same time, it showed that the estate was willing to accept people with unstable pasts, which is what worried him in the first place.

“I slept during an entire meeting as usual and Jacques isn’t here, can anyone fill me in?”

She slept through the entire meeting, does she even care? Incana suggested.

“Of course! Like Jian said, we’re waiting on the newcomers,” he drawled, ignoring Incana. Watching Soma and Sayogoromo bicker at the top of the stairs, he couldn’t help but smile. “And Soma and Sayogoromo are… being Soma and Sayogoromo, what can I say?” He grinned. Looking to Yama, he nodded in agreement. “I wonder too. I’m not sure if Joseph will be keen on sending newcomers against an enemy that’s too powerful, but it may serve as a test? Whatever the case, I’m sure it’ll serve some good.”

With a few hours to kill, he planned mentally for the best use of the upcoming hours. Soma headed inside, which wasn’t a bad idea. “I don’t know about you guys, but I’m not looking to go hunting on an empty tank. Anyone want to grab some food?”

A slow, steady pace in both his movement and his breathing allowed, Sayogoromo to make his way to his bedroom without incidents. The conversations held by the other hunters was muffled by the sound of his hands sliding along the walls. The rug laid out in the hall kept his wooden shoes from echoing with each step he took down the dim hallway.

“Finally.” With a deep breath, he pushed away from the wall and stepped across the hall to throw open the door to his bedroom. The low light within the room and the silence afforded by the four walls, was a blessing at the moment. Sayogoromo’s room was a haven for him as everything within served to help him relax. The scented candles, the art on the walls, the dark color scheme of reds and browns. The many oriental decorations made the room resemble his home in the other world. Even though he did not remember that place very well.

Quickly, Sayogoromo loosened his kimono so that it hung off his shoulders. He then made his way over to his bed and barely managed to climb into it before he threw himself down on to the thick blankets. “Rest.” A heavy sigh followed the word and he seemed to melt on the bed. “So soft,”

Jacques: The Butler of Vale.
The main door to the mansion opened, and a lanky, tall old man walked in from outside. A slight cool breeze followed alongside him. The old man was prim, proper, a pronounced frown on his face. A monocle on his left eye. His hair, neatly combed back. White all the way through. His name was Jacques, and he has served the Vale Estate for 100 years, nobody knows his real age. Nobody dared to ask, considering it rude. Except maybe Soma. The old man cleared his throat some as he adjusted his monocle. In his other arm, a bunch of papers were neatly bound. "The missions have arrived, and it seems there is one specifically for Soma to partake in.. Does anyone know where he is?" He set down the papers next to the left side table of the main hall. Taking a laminated one out from the stack. "I hope everyone is ready for tonight.." He assumed that Soma was in his room. As quick as he arrived, he was gone again. Off to Soma.

"Yes little one, the others are kind. Much like me. My son might be somewhat flippant, but he generally cares for anyone who is in the family. I'm sure everyone will enjoy your company. Though, make sure not to cause too much of a ruckus. Sayogoromo is one of our members, and he is very sick. It is hard for him to rest when there is too much commotion, if you'd like to meet him, only be cautious and quiet. He doesn't like when its too loud. In time you two will make fine additions to the family. Come, follow me!" He began walking to the door, opening it up and showing them the way outside.

Soma's room was clean-kept, barely any stylization to it. A desk, a mirror. Books strewn about in a bookcase. His bed, a large window. After loading up his revolver, Jacques arrived. "It seems as if you have a special mission, Sir Soma. Sir Bernhard seems to have found a powerful demon for you to eradicate." Jacques said, setting down the paper next to Soma. Soma grinned, bobbing his head up and down, letting the revolver drop from his hand, as it fell to the ground he kicked the butt of the revolver back up into the air, he threw his coat on and let the revolver slip back into his hand. Slapping the barrel back into the chamber. "Finally! Been waiting for some fun. I'm outta here" He took the paper. Looking at its contents, threw it into the fireplace. From there he opened up his window and slid out of the room. He needed no transportation, just his legs. Running off across the bridge. Jacques sighed, adjusting his monocle. "That boy is much too energetic...To think that one day he will own this estate by himself.."

LadyOfStars LadyOfStars
ebb ebb
Svisttt Svisttt
animegirl20 animegirl20
Severia Severia

"Sai... Saigomoro?" Irvi tried pronouncing the name Joseph mentioned, frowning when she realized it didn't come out the way he said it. She hoped whoever it was got better soon, and that he'd be happy and healthy eventually. Irvi was sure he deserved it. The bit about him being 'very sick' concerned her, even though she hadn't met him... Irvi quickly cut off that train of thought when the older man beckoned the two to follow him, and she glanced over at Riko uneasily.

As Joseph opened the door, Irvi wrapped her arms around herself and hesitantly trailed after, sticking semi-close to Riko. She didn't really know either of these people, but he was much less intimidating to her. When she reached the door, Irvi peered out slightly, as if hoping to maybe catch a glance of someone.

Riko Miracus
Newcomer

Listening closely to Joseph's chit-chat. He can tell Joseph was excited to introduce them to the rest of the estate. With a slight tilt of his head on his right. He took Joseph's word for he already trusts him for he has looked through his humanity. No one would trust a kid with criminal record. Riko followed behind Joseph.

At the corner of his eye. He noticed Irvi's eyes starring back at him with a uneased look on her face. Riko slew his pace down to match hers. Now, he is side-by-side with Irvi. "Is something bothering you?" He asked her softly with his soft spoken british tone. For the first time ever. He dropped first words to her. It's not much but he was concerned about her. He kept pace with Irvi to hear her answer. Irvi went semi close to Riko which is something that confused him. He grew up lacking ettiquetes and social interaction He didn't know how to react. So he contributed by sticking closer to Irvi, to the point that they lok like close siblings. The distance between them is close like there's only a foot of a gap between them. All this while he kept a calm face.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back