• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Carnival of Heroes (Freezing RP)

MocaPoka MocaPoka
What's the minimum specs required for this RP's posting details? How frequent?
I might give this a shot, but at a casual level. Not so much of a prolific writer when one drive, eat and sleep on a moped. Mlem.

I am thinking a military trained Limiter that has a stigmatic body.
When you gotta carry the team, so you put everything into one concoction. Lulz.

If I remember correctly, there's a distinct reason why Pandoras are only females, and Limiters are mostly males (it's been a while since I saw the anime and read the manga, so forgive me). Author prolly did explained it somewhere, but alas, my memories fail me at this time. All in all, it's supposed to be a biological compatibility thingy-majiggy, in addition to balance. I think it kinda defeats the purpose if ye dual-wield the role with said idea. Since Limiter and Pandora complemented one another both physically and mentally. I think the author planned it to be thus for the reasoning behind the pairings and synergy.
Battle-buddies, if you will.
Safety In Numbers!

Pilgrim59 Pilgrim59 I would ask for at least once a week. Post being on average around three paragraphs. Of course I have no problems with giving people more time if they are busy with life; just let me know that your taking a break.

Neuro Vampire Neuro Vampire every Limiter will have gone through some country's military's basic training or boot camp. You can specify a military branch's basic/boot that they went through.

I likely won't allow Limiter's to have a Stigmatic body like the MC in the show. I don't see that adding anything to the group story and I hate overpower characters in general unless they have a solid reason to be.

Pilgrim59 Pilgrim59 I would ask for at least once a week. Post being on average around three paragraphs. Of course I have no problems with giving people more time if they are busy with life; just let me know that your taking a break.
Neat!
Feel free to put me on the standby roster. If anyone needs a Pandora/Limiter partner, I'll make a CS accordingly.

I'm good to go, but.for my own sake, Imma go read the manga, maybe listen to the OP, and watch a few clips

Awesome Thepotatogod Thepotatogod .

If you want to discuss anything about the show or setting feel free to ask. I will also make an in universe lore section to help out later.

If we get at least two more people I'll officially start this thing up.

Oh this Stigmata body thing is a bit of a ???. The idea i had been forming involved a Dimensional Copy as a Partner for a special thing which im guessing is a no then. The Alternative was kind of a Phasing ability by going just out of sync with the current dimension or something.

Pandora's bodies are more intune with Stigmatic material. So they can do things like clones and use advanced dimensional powers. Limiters however are much less compatible and cant even use basic Stigmatic powers without pairing with a Pandora and even then they are Limited to making shields and freezing fields.

I am interested, maybe we can create a better ending than the anime gave use, lol.
If accepted I am definitely going to play a Limiter.
Anime adaptation with decent materials: (exists)
Anime studios: 1 Season only. With cliffhangers. Go read the manga lulz.
The manga author: (dies before they finish it)
🤷‍♀️
How it be sometimes.

Personally best 1 season anime I ever watched that had more material for more seasons was Bacanno. Pretty much made a neat summary that wrapped things up and left them open with a unique view on it all. Ie Not all storys have endings.

Akkun no Baka Akkun no Baka and GrieveWriter GrieveWriter welcome to the tryouts. With that I think there are enough interested people for me to give this a shot. I'll be backing the Thread for this for OOC, CS, Lore, and all that yada yada. The basics should be up later today. Feel free to start thinking about your characters. Ideally we will have an equal amount of Pandora and Limiters so if you want to reserve a spot for either please let everyone know here. Its ok if there is one more Pandora or Limiter in our line up. I just don't want 5 Pandora and 1 Limiter.

5 Pandoras and 1 Limiter eh?

Limiter: Oh yea. It's sitting-by-the-window time.
(proceed to put on "Transfer Student" name tag)

Made the Thread. I'll be adding more to it, but there should be enough for ya'll to get started. Fandom - Carnival of Heroes Lore

I might add some basic stat points for a system as well to help decide fights when they happen.

Anyone else that wants to join is free to as well.

Descriptions of Pandora and Limiters have been made (will likely add more details) as well as example character sheets for both as well. The two characters (Grace and Alexander) will serve as NPCs in the story. Anyone who is interested in making a Pandora or Limiter is still welcomed to join. Fandom - Carnival of Heroes Lore

Users who are viewing this thread

Back